Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El item stats

Would be interesting to know some stats about yesterdays 12hrs of No Drops, such as Most Deaths, Most Kills, etc, etc.

Jow

Guest ohmygod

Would be good to know how many potions, ess, rings and broken armours capes, waepons cols etc went out of game during no drop. I think must be very good day(s) for the economy.

Would be good to know how many potions, ess, rings and broken armours capes, waepons cols etc went out of game during no drop. I think must be very good day(s) for the economy.

1 tit plate and 1 mirror cape here ;)

edit : and was a double non drop day btw :( 12 hours of intensive pking for some peepz... only 4 for me :cry:

Edited by Kakuzu

my evil twin broke a NMT in some noob head, damn you who ever you are ;)

Thats my second ;p I help EL economy like no one else :(

As a professional DBA, and person who worked on MySQL Connector/C++ some few years ago (when it was called MySQL++) I can only say that any claim that MySQL RBMS perfoms badly is purely subjective. There is no need for another person like me to do advocacy for MySQL - there are statistics which shows that MySQL is defacto the most popular RDBMS at the moment, and I guess it is not that DBAs all over The World have chosen it because it is bad, but because it is robust, can be veeeery optimized (if DBA wishes, and knows how), embedded, clustered, loaded, secured, chrooted, scripted etc, etc...

Secondly, ANY person who states "SQLite is not a real database" _cannot_ say he/she is a DBA, because database administrator should at least know some things... And later claim by the person (do no need to mention that persons name, he will find himself in my words) that you should avoid MySQL and "PostgreSQL is cool" just shows that it is another PostgreSQL fan who is blind to anything else... (how typical).

SQLite is one of the best embedded databases ever, and if EL team does not need a DB server, SQLite is definitely the best choice. Implementation is in pure C, and if you use recent "amalgamation" feature ( http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=TheAmalgamation ) of SQLite you can actually get ULTRAFAST database capable of doing TRANSACTIONS, thread-safe, very stable, and used in so many projects.

On the other hand there MIGHT be the need in the future for a full-blown DB server. MySQL is definitely one of the best choices if you really want a full-blown database server. Which you might need one day, when you make more EL servers and decide to do some load balancing... Surely, MySQL is not the only good choice - mentioned PostgreSQL, FireBird and IterBase are also good choices.

Put me on every list. Then everyone can see how poor I am and how hard I work to get my stoof! I would like to point out that while I do have massive shrooms if I had massive anything else including gold coin I would love being on a list. Why?? The fastest way to get every beggar in the game on my ignore list is to have them all know how much stuff I have. 8D Anyone complaining about beggars is totally bogus. The faster you can #ignore them the more secure you are in not having to deal with them. Makes selecting new guild members easier too. If they are on your #ignore list for begging they don't get in! I love it.

Now I need to work at getting loads of stuff for noobs to beg for so that I can #ignore them and be done with them. Calling all beggars!! Please contact me so that I can #ignore you before I get to know you and don't want to say no. ;)

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

In case my name appears in any of the statistics I would ask to remove it from them. I'm not interested in this feature.

I personally have no problem with my name appearing on any of the lists - I'm already on the tree mushies list :D

Personally, I'd prefer distribution graphs, with or without the new top lists. Maybe we can see if, say, 90% of the gold coins in the game were in the hands of 10% of the players?

I personally have no problem with my name appearing on any of the lists - I'm already on the tree mushies list :D

Personally, I'd prefer distribution graphs, with or without the new top lists. Maybe we can see if, say, 90% of the gold coins in the game were in the hands of 10% of the players?

It's called Pareto's Principle, named after Vilfredo Pareto, usually expressed as critical 20 percent and trivial 80 percent. It wouldn't surprise me to see those numbers in gc distribution, nor would it surprise me to see whines and flames following them.

I think it might hinder more than help this game or any other social endeavor where wealth (real or "pixelated") is distributed.

Well, EL is pretty much free market, with some very little external influence or rules (except for the items that enter through the shop).

So the wealth distribution is the player's job, not mine :D

Well, EL is pretty much free market, with some very little external influence or rules (except for the items that enter through the shop).

Like that would prevent bitching :D

101k?! How many of those are active within a given 72-hour period? Most people who are 'regular' players will have logged on in that time, I believe.

101k?! How many of those are active within a given 72-hour period? Most people who are 'regular' players will have logged on in that time, I believe.

I think of myself as active. But I had no time to log in for the last two weeks.

So maybe I'm only an occasional player at the moment. Still if you want to count "active items" that can influence the market, you should count account like mine too. I trade a lot using my bot.

Regards

Chryzopraz

Doesn't this pretty much echo real life, 10% of the population owning 90% of the wealth?