Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El item stats

Personally I'd rather be left off any lists.

This is definitely a positive and cool step in managing the game economy. Just one note of caution that there may be unforseen consequences of making too much "private" information public. What they might be... no clue, but the possibility does I think warrant some consideration.

For me there's no need, I'm playing your wonderful game, not calculating people's taxes :lipssealed: but I can understand why it will be popular!

It must be easy to implement, but the less minutia you maintain, the easier EL will be for you to work with, just an opinion....

Plus, features like this make Ghrae's ears grow bigger and pointier!

Edited by Mugwump

imho you might also easaly take wrong conclusions of those stats.

Like you assume that EFE should be decreased will couse ppl to save them even more then to use them with the risk to loose some.

I think if such items are not too rare they will be used more and so be lost more or items made with them will be used more.

i might think that decreasing repair rate would be a better way to get rid of some items then to decrease to chance to ea. EFE.

imho when ea. EFE will be less in game ppl are only be able to lvl manu skill with things like leather helms wich is totally nuts as it has nothing to do with getting a better skill only with making useless items a lot.

This is definitely a positive and cool step in managing the game economy. Just one note of caution that there may be unforseen consequences of making too much "private" information public. What they might be... no clue, but the possibility does I think warrant some consideration.

Well, duh.

Of course there is a lot of info that is not made public. The info I made public so far is not really important, and I think it's nice for the players to know some stats. Think of it just like how countries release some info such as the numbe rof citizens, average salary, GDP, etc.

imho you might also easaly take wrong conclusions of those stats.

Like you assume that EFE should be decreased will couse ppl to save them even more then to use them with the risk to loose some.

I think if such items are not too rare they will be used more and so be lost more or items made with them will be used more.

i might think that decreasing repair rate would be a better way to get rid of some items then to decrease to chance to ea. EFE.

imho when ea. EFE will be less in game ppl are only be able to lvl manu skill with things like leather helms wich is totally nuts as it has nothing to do with getting a better skill only with making useless items a lot.

Well, duh. I think I have enough experienc,e running the game for 4 years now, to decide what should and shouldn't be done.

I must qualify for every nut house there is then. I certainly don't level manu with items needing EFE's to produce.

Back on topic:

I would prefer not to be listed on a 'Top Richest Players' list. I get enough beggars being on the Top Manu list, and I don't need anymore. Any other lists I probably wouldn't care being on since I enjoy competition.

I had rather say the opposite of the last part that is, sure no ones whole storage should be out there in public, but to have some items revealed and listed in amount on a site, how bad is that? Actually that is a good thing, the more demystified the game gets the more interaction between players.

And for example as with ppl hiding their stats right now there is almost no initative to pking/pvping because ppl are never sure if they can really have a chance vs someone or not.

This is the same with items, it's fun to compete in numbers, it keeps everyone more motivated, and now if ppl would go "private mode" and not reveal some numbers well then how to compete and ever feel happy from success of geting in front of someone in Most Wormwood or what ever when not seing the full picture?

Also seing who has much of what could really help trading, without nagging all day on market channel or getting bots to nag for you.

Aswell as helping Harvesters getting on the map! They are so overlooked currently, some ppl just make money and buy their resources while harvesters end up working for 100s of hours. These kind of lists can be very fun to compare and see who are really harvesting extremly and working very hard but not showing up on the top player list cause of harvesting not giving skill all the time like fighting.

I see no benefits for the game in keeping stats and various fun to know statistics hidden completely from public. Privacy in private person so to speak is assured even if someone can see that you have 100k SRs or not.

Edited by Beaverhunter

Yay, this is a great idea! I'd love to see things like average wealth, proof of Ghrae's insanity, number of items, etc. I predict that I'll spend hours looking at this info :lipssealed:

Sweet! ^_^

Good idea

and a great idea for the stat lovers out there.. yes you know who you are :lipssealed:

only top 100 list im likely to appear on . is most useless never going to use items in sto list leopard furs tut

Humble question, and my apologies if it was already answered above (because i dont read the whole thread): maybe players who don't want their names displayed or w/e can pay $$$ for the devs to make a private thingie similar to what happens on the rankings page?

I too think this would be fun. Just seeing the raw numbers of items in storage (and any other stats, like number made per day or whatever) will be VERY interesting.

If you think you are part of the top and don't want to be there, let me know and I will remove your name. Post here if you don't want to be in the top 100 richest players.

Can you simply replace names of people with privacy-on as it done for the current top-200 lists? It would seem easier than maintaining a manual opt-out list.

Edited by bkc56

Humble question, and my apologies if it was already answered above (because i dont read the whole thread): maybe players who don't want their names displayed or w/e can pay $$$ for the devs to make a private thingie similar to what happens on the rankings page?
it's on the first post ;P
If you think you are part of the top and don't want to be there, let me know and I will remove your name.

I'd like to be kept off any of those lists please.

I don't see how the facts presented in such lists present relevant information for the general public, even if the amounts would be kept private...

Of course it would be "fun" to know who has the most of what, but

do any of you want to add 'item-craze' to 'level-craze' or

do any of you want to get pms from random players "LaL naab, u crazzee XP 500 m&ps roflololol XD" or "wow u t0p laether helm, fr33 plx? ;*p" all the time?

I'm not even going into the whole privacy of information issue involved (yeah, I know it's a game but still).

As for averages, I think those would be more interesting and would hold more informational value for the general public. Some items such as gold coins just have a high oscillation so averages make much more sense here.

Anyways, thanks for removing me ;)

For example, there are 203M GC in the game, 13.5K EFEs, 15K serpent stones, 80 titanium serpent swords of thermal, 9.3M coal, 17M bones..

Hmmm, makes me wonder who is the owner of that other 1M gc.... ;)

I am a sucker for these kind of stats too. I am sure i would do well in the top titanium axe books :wub:

I think this info is useful only for programmers/administers,

but why, for example, people need to know how many giant or arctic stones are in my storage?

To this point we'll lose that minimum of strategy.

I don't want to be in the top 100 "item" players.

Hmmm, makes me wonder who is the owner of that other 1M gc.... ;)
probably assorted bots for the most part, they have reason to not turn cash into useful items right away :wub:

Hi all,

I think that this could actually raise some privacy issues, I hope maintaining a "don't publish my stats" list won't be too burdensome. Another little negative side I can think of is that this will encourage competition on item possession, and perhaps make some of them more rare/expensive.

Apart from these considerations, precise stats will be a great help in understanding the game workings (internal economy, activity trends, etc.).

Rehdon

I think it's a really interesting feature but I think that most of top players will ask to not be in the list to avoid beggars and others. So at the end, I don't know if it will be usefull for players...

IMO the most relevant informations are the total number of items in the game and the average production of them because this will be helpfull to estimate how rare they are.

And BTW, 13.5k EFEs and 15k serpent stones in game?! WOW! ;)

I'm really wondering where they are because sometimes, it's really hard to buy some on market...

So I'm sure that some people have their own stock (more than 100 in sto), that they don't use them and that they don't want to sell them which I found very sad... :wub:

I think that program of yours is a great idea, Entropy. I too like those kind of statistics.

However, I did notice something in your posts - you said there are 101,000 players registered, but at most there are only 800 players playing the game at any given moment. This means there are a lot of inactive players, and I personally don't think it would be fair to count those in any list. In fact, I think you should only include in your list the players who were active in the past 30-180 days only. I think this would reflect things much better, and it might change your mind about changing the break rate/chance of creating rare items/drop rates as well. For example - if 10% of the 13K EFEs in the game are held by inactive players, you will never be able to get rid of them, as there is no way for other players, active players, to take them from the inactive players.

On a more personal note, I would very much like to have the option to run those queries from the web site (custom SQL queries), but I'm guessing it would cause too much load on the server, so this would probably never going to happen, and we'll only get the lists your decided to post.

Edited by smalul

A great idea, most people are top addict and the more stats available will make them play more ;) yes my little slaves muhaaaaaa

As far im concerned my Inventory can be an open book, like i real cared if someone knows ive 4 NMT capes right now or 14 dragon scales etc its not my REAL bank account information so cant see the problem.

About the beggars ? just say "stfu noob" :wub: use #ignore, dont replay etc people only bother you if you let them.

Cant wait to see it implemented :hug:

[2b. To adjust the stats of the items that are too many or too little. For example, 13K of EFEs is too much, so the rate needs to be decreased again.

2c. To find new uses for some items that are too many, like the serpent stones.

Just want to point out why the first place people are saving a lot of serpent stones. A year ago serpent stones are only uses in making serpent sword. The prices was about 250 gc each. Recently I made ad on market to buy serpent stones a long time. Didnt get any. Then I made ad to buy 1500-2k each and i bougth about 150 serpent stones in 2 trades. So people are saving them. The prices of serpent stone is not 1k as the bots suggest but 1500-2k. Qlearly there is a demand of serpent stones, but people dont sell them because they hard to get and was low in price.

So serpent stones are used now in:

- serpent swords.

- to mine ore for special swords .

- summoning and making summoning stone.

I can predict that over a year the serpent stones will become more rare and will be 2500 gc each, because

- people are getting more skilled in making sslessar summoning stone.

- what u just said that there are too many serpent stone, so people are not selling those serpent stones for just 2k.

Why not just let the market price decide whether serpent stones or efe are more rare or not? If the price of those items rise people are more willingly to sell.

The figures about how many items are in play dont say much about the usuage of those. Can you give the figures how many vial/alembic mold or armor/sword that use efe are broken? Or how many efe are made or bought from EL shop? It is about how many items NETTO are produced thats count. Not how many items that are in play.

A great idea, most people are top addict and the more stats available will make them play more ;) yes my little slaves muhaaaaaa

As far im concerned my Inventory can be an open book, like i real cared if someone knows ive 4 NMT capes right now or 14 dragon scales etc its not my REAL bank account information so cant see the problem.

About the beggars ? just say "stfu noob" :wub: use #ignore, dont replay etc people only bother you if you let them.

Cant wait to see it implemented :hug:

Yep, exactly. I agree totally. The top players allready have hotkeys on their computer to quickly write #ignore...or at least they seem to use it frequently. So why would there be a bigger problem with begging? That's such a lame excuse for not showing your cards. And if ppl start harass you for having 1k Serpent stones or what ever...umm then it's their problem and you can report them or ignore them.

I also agree some with bep, just cause it looks like the game is going down cause of overflow of some items doesn't mean it really is... It might be smarter to make more items utilize the overflow item then to try and reduce their source and have ppl save 1 serp per week instead of 1.5 per week...If there's no use for them or they are not worth using, then why not save them and wait for a good item creating idea including these stones in the making? It's all logic.

I guess I don't get all the complaints about privacy.

I'm one of the top crafters. I do NOT get people begging for stuff. If anything, I get more people willing to buy stuff from me than I did when I wasn't even part of the top 20.

You want to know how many COLs I have? Fine. I keep around 4 COLs on me at any given time. Can you have one free PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ? One word answer "no". If in a PM, add two characters "//no".

I own 12 magic swords in game. Can you have one free plz plz plz? "No" or "//no".

And hmmm... think about it... you could SELL (can you say gold coin) without even having to advertise! Some of you don't like market because of the bots... but such a list could be in your favor.