Eternal Lands Official Forums
Terrorgrim

Just a stab in the dark - Falconry

I know it's a long shot so pls don't state the obvious anyone. But how achievable would a skill like falconry be in game? I've just been looking through Roja's impressive artwork again and I love the screenshot of the falcon in flight, could be a handy skill.

could be a handy skill.

......................how?

EDIT: shouldn't this be in suggestions?

Edited by guidera

How would you define Falconry? I mean, we DO already have the Summoning skill. I don't think it would be a lot of work to add a falcon as a summonable creature.

Falconry or hawking is an art or sport which involves the use of trained raptors (birds of prey) to hunt or pursue game for man.

It could be used for hunting yes, and I would think ad a sub for a summoned animal perhaps. Could also be used in long distance tradeing maybe? Send a falcon to another player in another map, (taking as a suggestion 5 mins?) and trade over long distances? Just a thought, and would also be a unique feature to EL

Trading with falcons reminds me (shoot me, but it's true) the Monty Python African vs European swallaw issue.

Would these falcons be Seridian or Irilion ones?

Trading with falcons reminds me (shoot me, but it's true) the Monty Python African vs European swallaw issue.

I don't know, this also begs the question would you catch your falcon or buy it? Would it need training? Have to see what Ent and co think of the idea ;)

It'd be like a peregrine falcon...

They can be found on all continents except for anarctica

Also with the visibility changes introduced this could be a nice addition to that. You send up the falcon or something and you have increased visibility....

I hope it will be Irilionian(aka African swallow)!!! so they would be able to carry an armour too:) :rolleyes:

...and with archery coming in, we can simply shoot down the falcons. No?

Shoot down my falcon? Hmm, not something I'd considered I grant you that :omg:

Also with the visibility changes introduced this could be a nice addition to that. You send up the falcon or something and you have increased visibility....

Now this is the kinda thinkin that makes the world go round! :P

It wouldn't be any different than summoning.

Personally I see it as a nice extension of summoning. The falcon could be the only animal that is under direct control of the summoner. I don't know what happened to the minimap frak coded, but if that map is implemented, it could probably be used to control the falcon and make you see (on the map) what the falcon sees.