Eternal Lands Official Forums
glontol2

My introduction.

Some advice for you is to just keep practicing, keep writing. The more you write the more you'll get better! But more importantly, if you want to be a good writer you NEED to read a lot. Because reading is how you learn. You observe what other authors do and how they write.

Too right! I've become a serious Tolkien junkie over the last couple of weeks, before that it was phillip pullman, thomas harris and mario puzo. Believe me it doesn't matter what genre you're writing in. You find your favourite authors and you can't help but feel their influence, that's the same for all...even those who aren't prepared to admit it! Keep it up, you're young but there is a talent there that is still developing. The fact that you have such a desire to write speaks volumes! You've already shown that you're prepared to take other's criticisms, which is more than some. Find a style comfortable to you and go with it, practice makes perfect, work at it and you'll get there! :cry:

Oh I read ALOT. My fav authors are... Philip Pulman ( ^^ ) tolkien , brian jacques, and many others. Thanks for compliments!! Now if someone would just tell me how to quote... :cry:

Oh I read ALOT. My fav authors are... Philip Pulman ( ^^ ) tolkien , brian jacques, and many others. Thanks for compliments!! Now if someone would just tell me how to quote... ;)

When making a post..icons go in this order...

Bold...Italic...underline...Strikethrough...text color...hyperlink...email...picture...QUOTE...code

Ok, here's what to do: Press the quote button, and then type inbetween those quote tags that come up. OR..select and highlight the text you want to quote, THEN press the quote button.

[Ok, here's what to do: Press the quote button, and then type inbetween those quote tags that come up. OR..select and highlight the text you want to quote, THEN press the quote button] did it work?

[Ok, here's what to do: Press the quote button, and then type inbetween those quote tags that come up. OR..select and highlight the text you want to quote, THEN press the quote button] did it work?

[ quote ]message[ /quote ]

this is what you get when you take out the spaces between the brackets

edit: whoops, forgot a space between one of those quotes ^^

Edited by Sistema

Ok, here's what to do: Press the quote button, and then type inbetween those quote tags that come up. OR..select and highlight the text you want to quote, THEN press the quote button.

Finaly! thank you sistema