Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Method of redistributing some attributes and nexuses

title  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do we agree with this idea?

• Yes, sounds cool and is fair for everyone.
    • No, the evil rich IRL people will find a way around it.
    • Whatever, I don't care one bit.

Suggestion from Algernon (posting for him as he can't log into the forums):

In addition to the described feature(s) of the stones. Perhaps there should be a percentage chance (smallish 1% or less) of using the stone causing a full reset of the character (#reset x2).

Suggestion from Algernon (posting for him as he can't log into the forums):

In addition to the described feature(s) of the stones. Perhaps there should be a percentage chance (smallish 1% or less) of using the stone causing a full reset of the character (#reset x2).

Punishing everyone to prevent abuse is the best way to make everyone who should be trusted unhappy. They took away all of the guns from everyone in Australia to prevent gun crimes. What happened? The crime rate went through the freaking roof because while all of the honest citizens gave up their guns the criminals didn't. IMAGINE that!!! If you want to prevent abuse limit the number of them in the game and don't sell them in the shop. How much they are able to be abused is entirely and directly under Entropy's ability to control.

Trying to screw over honest people completely to prevent a VERY few who would have the wherewithal and the ability to abuse these items is not the way to improve the game. IMO don't try to micromanage anything let alone everything. That is how you screw up everything in the first place. The chance to reset would make the price drop to nothing and people who wanted to abuse them would find it a thousand times easier to do and if they were lucky they would get away with it. Why take that chance?

TirunCollimdus

I don't recall anywhere in Ent's original post asking for opinions on perk removal.

I would vote yes for his idea precisely as he stated it in his original post, not with all the other extra garbage stuff as one stone, perks added, etc etc etc. The idea is to make them rare and valuable. You should still need to work and work hard for this benefit.

Well, the idea of removing pps from attribs or nexus is interesting, while you don't see 80/120 p/c killing machines. This is because people start building their chars before the full effects of charm and perception were implemented.

Perks, on the other hand, dont change, and people did a decision taking them knowing all details about them. Perks should be till reset, this is my humble oppinion. :)

I don't recall anywhere in Ent's original post asking for opinions on perk removal.

I would vote yes for his idea precisely as he stated it in his original post, not with all the other extra garbage as one stone, perks added, etc etc etc. The idea is to make them rare and valuable. You should still need to work and work hard for this benefit.

You don't remember it from the original post because it was my idea in the first place to add perk removal stones that could take off a perk if you had enough of them to add up to the total points for the perk. It happens to be a good idea that would make the stones even harder to get. The addition of the perk removal stones without increasing the total number of stones means that some of the attribute removal stones are replaced by the perk removal. This means attribute and nexus removing is harder because there are fewer stones available for it. The perk stones are useless when you get just one so that means the ability to change your character is reduced and not increased making all the stones more rare and hence more valuable. You would also have to work harder to get the stones you want.

Just a question. Should topic fairies be flaming other peoples posts and ideas? I thought topic fairies were suppose to make forums friendlier places that aren't filled up with topic garbage like flames.

TirunCollimdus

Well, the idea of removing pps from attribs or nexus is interesting, while you don't see 80/120 p/c killing machines. This is because people start building their chars before the full effects of charm and perception were implemented.

Perks, on the other hand, dont change, and people did a decision taking them knowing all details about them. Perks should be till reset, this is my humble oppinion. :)

indeed. Attributes/Nexuses, things change with them, people have to reset because their nexus is no longer useful, etc. Antisocial is antisocial, you reset to get rid of it.

Perks on the other hand do change and are not completely explained with everyone knowing all of the details about them. Artificer anyone? The encyclopedia was only wrong on that for what? 2 years? The fact that strategy of points needed and used over all is affected by total pick points available. If you are making a long term plan then whether or not you take perks depends on how many pick points you are willing to use. Perks are pick points. How many you use and are willing to spend is not completely separated from your overall decision on pick points. That is why they should be able to be removed as well but of course as I mentioned they would be a LOT harder to remove.

If there stones for each individual perk you could make it that much harder too. You can make this difficult enough to make it worth implementing.

TirunCollimdus

You don't remember it from the original post because it was my idea in the first place to add perk removal stones that could take off a perk if you had enough of them to add up to the total points for the perk.

Just a question. Should topic fairies be flaming other peoples posts and ideas? I thought topic fairies were suppose to make forums friendlier places that aren't filled up with topic garbage like flames.

TirunCollimdus

I think you answered your own question. Topic fairies guide the topic back to the topic it's supposed to be, which is about attributes and nexuses (nexii if you prefer), not perks.

Well, the only perk we did not know the details fully was artificer, and it was removed for that precise reason, iirc.

The utility of nexus and attributes varied in the EL history. Perks are still the same, if you choosen 'evanescence' at beggining, its the same perk nowadays. The perk removal idea is poor, imho, reset should have some value.

Well, people can discuss an idea, and if they disagree, it isnt flaming. kk.

Well, the only perk we did not know the details fully was artificer, and it was removed for that precise reason, iirc.

Well, people can discuss an idea, and if they disagree, it isnt flaming. kk.

The usefulness of the perks and how the relate to the new way the game is played because of the abilities and attributes that get implemented in the game most certainly do change how you view perks. Archery added to the game can make a change for I Glow In The Dark and it could definitely change the Self Destruct perk too. You can keep them the same just for game mechanics to make things simple but they would make no sense at all responding to archery the same way they do to close quarters combat. If I dis someone or something who is almost dead and then get to max range and shoot them I would not expect to take damage from them and those two perks. The point is that even if they don't change if you want to use more points on attributes because there are more useful attributes to be implemented then somewhere you might change your mind about perks just like pick points and nexus.

This is apparently off topic though even though for some reason the NPCs and items that would remove pick points and nexus are not. I guess suggesting NPCs to trade off pick point removal on a 2 for 1 basis instead of whether or not we should have the stones in the game is still relevant to the poll as were all of the other ideas that did not include perk removal even though pick points were the topic in all cases.

Constructive criticism is by definition criticism without ridicule of someone or something involved. Flaming by definition would then be any criticism that is not constructive wouldn't it? Disagreeing with someone can be done without calling their ideas garbage can't it? That means discussions can be had where people can disagree without attacking people or their ideas doesn't it? So wouldn't someone attacking another person's ideas and calling them garbage be flaming instead of just disagreeing? kk

TirunCollimdus

The point was that the original offer and question was buried under arguments about other things that had no part of it in the first place. Another good idea potentially lost because of people never being satisfied.

As far i see 80% of el community supports ent idea few more people will vote anyway, this thread could be locked and the work start to implement it!

Yes, enough of this.

Most of the active players with forum accounts that care about this issue have voted, and the vote is 80 for, 14 against, which is a resounding yes.