Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Method of redistributing some attributes and nexuses

title  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do we agree with this idea?

• Yes, sounds cool and is fair for everyone.
    • No, the evil rich IRL people will find a way around it.
    • Whatever, I don't care one bit.

Why not just have one universal stone? Seems a bit weird having one for each attribute/nexus you might want to remove.

The same way as you have only on shirt and one car type?

I was thinking more the way one fork works for many types of food. I don't need a "fork of steak eating" and a "fork of salad consumption" and a "fork of vegetable (steamed) stabbing" and it's partner the "fork of vegetable (boiled) stabbing" along with the ever useful "fork of vegetable (stir-fry) stabbing".

Yes, you CAN have lots of different forks for each type of food (assuming you have space in your kitchen drawer for them all), but it's a lot easier to deal with if you just have one type. (And in case someone brings it up as a counter-example, the multiple forks at a formal dinner aren't because you NEED a different type of fork for each course, it's so you don't have to deal with a dirty/used fork between courses.)

We CAN have lots of different stones for each type of attribute/nexus, but it's a lot easier to deal with (especially on the market as you try to buy/sell them) if we have just one type.

I like the idea of multiple types of stones - it allows each attribute to have its own supply and demand. Plus, if people are concerned about evil IRL-rich people buying tons of bars, buying nexuses, and then turning them back into PPs this would make them pay the most per PP - the nexus-removal stones would be driven up in price, and Entropy could control their supply. In the meantime some guy who just wants to take 1 PP out of P/C would be able to do so much more cheaply.

I just think it will make things much more interesting.

We CAN have lots of different stones for each type of attribute/nexus, but it's a lot easier to deal with (especially on the market as you try to buy/sell them) if we have just one type.

I don't think the point is to make it all easy and common.

IMO it'll be good to have stones for each nexus/attribute, if you want to easy deal with any nexus/attribute use #reset.

edit: typo

Edited by Desertus

Please note I said easier, not easy. And if the stones are very rare, then they can't possibly be common.

My only point is that it will be a lot easier (not easy) for a random lucky harvester to sell a general "stone of attribute removal" than a very specific "stone of Vitality attribute removal" (for example).

So for like 800k you can get a pp, yes. omg, ppl with unlmited money IRL will spend 400$ per pp to take over game, this is not fair

Do you really think that someone would spend tremendously large amounts of real money in the EL shop to gain what can only be a small advantage in the game? Even if a player had unlimited amounts of RL money, do you not think that Entropy would actually act to stop one individual buying ridiculous amounts of these things? It would have to be a ridiculous amount of the items to gain enough of an advantage to completely control a particular PK map by having ridiculously high p/c to go along with a high a/d. I can't think of any other way someone could "take over game."

If, of course, he decides to implement these stones and eventually put them in the shop

I work very hard for my RL money and if I choose to spend it in the shop, that's my decision. I earned the money, I can spend it as I choose. The reality of the world is that if you want something, you need to earn the money for it. In EL, you either work hard in-game for the resources to get gc, train/harvest/alch etc. for the experience, or you can spend your hard-earned RL money to buy things for your game character.

Final point: This game belongs to Entropy, and he can do with it as he chooses; as players of a free game, we should be happy that he is asking us our opinion on his ideas.

P.S. The only thing I have bought in the shop was a T-Shirt to help support the game, but I will probably buy things in the future. (Hint to Entropy: a new design T-Shirt would be great, mine is beginning to wear out now!)

Too easy with one stone? Then make the stone ebul!

It removes a random nexus/attribute to 1 PP. :D

-Blee

I think the best part about the whole idea is that there is a stone for each nexus and attribute. That makes the amount of them that are in game for each player who wants to use them that much harder to get a hold of the amount of them they need. This means that the prices of each individual stone regardless of type will cost more in the long run because they will be more rare in the long run. Don't want people spending mountains of money to get them then make it harder. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this idea. I would like to have Entropy add a generic perk removal stone that takes one stone per pick point to remove a perk so removing antisocial for instance would take 10 stones and they would have to be perk removal stones not the other variety of stones. That would be massively expensive because those stones would be the most sought after would they not?

There is no reason at all not to implement this idea. People have been able to buy gold coin in the EL shop for a long time. They can already reset there character and buy enough gold coins to get the best stuff in the game and enough hydro bars to get every nexus for every skill IF they wanted to. They could also buy all of the ingredients needed to level up there characters in the schools by using ings bought with gold coin from the EL Shop. This is in effect buying levels just like buying these stones would be. The only difference is that they would have to actually spend time doing stuff to get their pick points to get OAs to spend on their attributes. So what is the big deal? There is a limited supply in game of hydro bars. Entropy has not said he is going to sell them. If their are too many in game he can reduce the AC drop rate. You people are just freaking paranoid.

These stones would be great for the game econcomy because the higher level players would buy them from lower level players that found and did not need them. It would make everyone more interested in doing everything in the game for themselves to get the stones unless they already bought everything anyway. This means more positive attitudes and talk about the game in general and eventually more players. Vote yes and quit whining about imaginary millionaires paying tons of money to lord it over a free game. If they have that much freaking money why wouldn't they spend it buying the best character available on a game that is not in development?

When EL is finished and pay to play everyone starts at square one on whatever server Entropy owns. Can we pay enough to get our characters transfered to the real game when it starts on the real server? Who knows? How could anyone be so ego driven as to buy the top dog spot in a beta game no matter how good it is or how good it is getting? Why not just admit Entropy has a good idea and quit being drama queens about how it could be abused with some Machiavellian plan? That is not a flame because it is not against a specific person it is against a specific problem. Entropy can fix things if they don't work so give things a chance instead of boo hooing from the starting gate every single thing that he puts up for an actual poll.

TirunCollimdus

When EL is finished and pay to play everyone starts at square one on whatever server Entropy owns.

TirunCollimdus

EL is gonna be pay to play?

And on a side note, I think, if we want to play the game, we should let Entropy decide how he makes the money he earns for making the game. If he doesnt have enough money to run the game, then who cares if the stones are sold in shop or not, there is no game. What im getting at is this game is the mans life, if he decides he wants to make some money, let him do it. If you dont like it, go find a different game to play, quit the damn whining.

my god, you like to type a whole lotta nothing :D

Learn to read. I posted again my idea to have perk removal stones since people like you are too busy whining about RL money advantages over poor players who can't afford to pay for good stuff to actually make a suggestion of their own.

Didn't hear you complaining that people who could not think of the best ways to train needed to be protected from those who could now did I?

You said it "sounds fine". Wow where did you come up with that dazzler? Man can you really help support an idea!!

You said it would cost huge amounts of money to make a difference in game and THEN whined about the in game price going down because of people who would spend huge amounts of real life money getting them.

Even if my post was a lot of nothing at least it was not a lot of whining and a lot of stupidity. Thanks for your incredibly incisive input on my post though. Wow did it make me think.

Grow a brain or just shut up Altantis. BTW was all of this short and concise enough for you or too long winded for you to understand again?

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Tossing insults back-and-forth do not add anything constructive to the discussion and are a good way to get the thread locked and the idea trashed (it's happened before if you recall).

Let's clean it up and get back on-topic please.

Tossing insults back-and-forth do not add anything constructive to the discussion...snip

I think me laughing is very constructive.

In favour of this idea, at least in principle. I suppose a small consideration is how to make it blend into the roleplaying smoothly, as in _how_ does the stone/whatever remove the attribute in a storytelling sense.

Just a thought.

S.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of a general perk removal stone, since it affects more than one pp. Someone could take the godless/antisocial perk for 18 pp, place in in whatever category they want and then when no longer necessary remove one or two of the perks. Not that I speak for Entropy, but I think that the point of getting pp's for negative perks, especially for some of more expensive ones(ones you get alot of pp for) is that it is supposed to forever make the game hard for you in someway. I still think reset is the only way you should have to get rid of perks.

I am so-so on the idea of the idea of stones, even though I certainly have a vested interest in them if they come into the game. I believe in long-term planning for character development, but do realize that with an ever changing game, new developments with attributes/nexuses/skills require different character setups. It is EXTREMELY nice of Entropy to give us this option(if he does) of changing our distribution off pp instead of making us reset. This would be a bonus for most players in EL, so I certainly wont be complaining if they are implemented in the general way Entropy suggested.

Edited by LevinMage

I'm not sure if I like the idea of a general perk removal stone, since it affects more than one pp. Someone could take the godless/antisocial perk for 18 pp, place in in whatever category they want and then when no longer necessary remove one or two of the perks. Not that I speak for Entropy, but I think that the point of getting pp's for negative perks, especially for some of more expensive ones(ones you get alot of pp for) is that it is supposed to forever make the game hard for you in someway. I still think reset is the only way you should have to get rid of perks.

so u mean that some 1 will take godless/antisocial , put the 18pp in coor , and after a while he will buy 18 coor removal stone and 2 perk removal and take them back ??, what a stratigy :icon13: ....... that will cost millions of gc dude ... lvling oa with this gc is way better ..... these stones will not be cheap u know ....

am with the idea of perk removal stones (on some or all perks) , i guess there price will be more expinsive than nex/attribute removal stone , and more rare than them ...

FMA

I was thinking that the perk stones would remove the perk you took and if it was a good perk, give you back the pp you spent or a neg perk remove the pp that you spent. If you needed to as you suggested for a neg perk use a perk stone and the other stones to remove the nexus/attribute that you spent the pp's, then I agree that it wouldnt make sense for a player to try "beat the system" so to speak by temporarily getting a neg perk.

My idea for the perk removal stone was that you would need one stone for ever pick point of the perk. If someone wanted to remove godless and antisocial it would take 18 perk removal stones. This would NOT be cheap and nearly impossible. They perk removal stones would be the most expensive and you would need more of them. There would be no way to take advantage of them. It would be just another way we could work around having to reset. It would be extremely hard to get the high point perks removed but at least there would be a way to do it.

Just reread what you guys were saying though and splitting them into positive and negative perk removal stones would make removing perks even harder. Great addition. :)

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

No, imo perks should be forever. otherwise there is 0 reason to use #reset if you have the money

Guys I think that some of you missed the point of this thread. Entropy asked us what do we think about his idea "redistributing some PPs to adjust our characters to recent and earlier game updates". As we know some skills and nexuses became useless for some players because the game changed a lot. Don't get me wrong, but removing perks is one step too far, because perks are the same as they used to be.. just some of them were added/removed.

If they were implemented the way I suggested and then made so there were positive and negative perk stones then there would still be more than one reason to reset. As has been mentioned over and over it would take so much money to fix your character with RL money that no one would do it. The stones are just for long term changing of your character or making small changes. There willl be a huge number of people wanting them and a short supply.

I will be resetting myself because I am going to completely change my character and including perks it would take over 100 stones to fix it. NO WAY would I or anyone do that with stones. It would take years just to get all of them. Even if I could buy them it would take that long to have that much money I could just throw away to pay for them. Reset will always be useful but it will become a strategy instead of an act of desperation. Strategy is what Entropy wants to add to the game.

Actually choosing to use pick points for perks is partly because they could not be used for the attributes that were not implemented as well. Choosing what perks to take or whether to take them at all can also be influenced by how many pick points you need for your attributes. The whole strategy of what perks to take or not are based on your whole strategy for your character so there is plenty of reasons for perk removal both positive and negative.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus