Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Method of redistributing some attributes and nexuses

title  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do we agree with this idea?

• Yes, sounds cool and is fair for everyone.
    • No, the evil rich IRL people will find a way around it.
    • Whatever, I don't care one bit.

Will it be possible, to buy 1 nexus with 50 hydro bars, and then, redistribute this pp by using the stone i.e. into phys or coord, and by using this get xx phys/cord pickpoints?

Edited by BloodSucker

Sounds great except for selling the stones at the EL shop, i think in game only would be better, some of us can't afford to buy stuff from el shop; those who can will make a killing buying these stones.

I am tempted to ban you too. Did I say that they will be for sale in the shop?

Yes!! Yes. :P I love it. I am asking about stones of perk removal. Takes number of stones equal to number of pick points for perk to remove a perk? What do you say Entropy? Please? :) This is a great idea and I hope as most others that these stones don't show up in the store but not because of the money and rich people this or that but because of the extra excitement added to the harvesting part of the game. Woohoo!!! :) It would be awesome. :) I saw the not in shop for the time being so it will be awesome while it lasts even if you do decide to put them in the shop. :) I will be on the edge of my seat all of the time. I love my harvesting reset. :)

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

As a suggestion, why not do it like some p&p RPG's handle this?

Lets have an NPC where you can decrease a level/attribute by TWO points and get ONE pickpoint back.

So ppl can change their char layout very fast, but they pay with levels/attribs for that.

I voted no because I just generally didn't like the idea, but I REALLY like Piper's idea...not as drastic as a reset but still a cost to adjust PP.

i guess another way than reset is fine if its not too easy though :)

something as long as reading a big book or restart with more than 10 pts

think about it guys, anyway i vote yes.

thx for dat great game. :P

I dont like the idea because with 50 hydro bars you can buy nexus which you can later remove to get free pickpoint.

And that's what I'm affraid too.

Voted no. Very soon ppl will be able to buy unlimited pps.

This stones will remove one level/attribute and give you a free pickpoint instead.

They dont give you additional pickpoints. :P

Piper

as someone who spends a lot of time digging, this sounds good personally... :P

mostly besides that, though, I like the principle of the idea at the moment; my only concern is in the implementation, how common the stones will become, etc, but I expect that would be balanced then anyway :)

and to those talking about perks, remember there are both positive and negative ones, what works well to remove a positive perk may not apply as well to a negative

I voted yes.

I suspect that some stones may be bought however I cannot see the price being much higher than 50 hydro bars. I like the idea that the new players should have a chance at them as this will greatly redistribute wealth.

Please make them really rare. Mythilogical rare. Inteligent weapon rare. But easily attainable like on veg or something.

And yes PP would be able to be buyable however as much as the impact on the pricipal of the issue is valid. It will not be practical except for the super rich who would then be funding the game practiaclly. And if they are playing this game then good. How ever the ability to acquire the hydrobars then these stones will limit any real impact on the game in my opinion and does not pose a suitable argument for any great concern in my mind. Balancing of the availablity of the stones will make my argument inversely more or less valid.

Edit: added last paragraph.

Edited by senkrad

I voted Yes 'cause Ent is always trying to please all the players, the ones that buy stuff from the shop and the ones that don't. The guy is listening to what the players are saying and is trying to improve the game. I think the stones are definitely an improvement over what we currently have...

Thank ent for taking your time to do this

I voted YES a genius ideia :P

pretty sure the answer is no, but have to ask, will there be a stone of <??> perk removal?

another brilliant idea imo. :)

Voted no. Very soon ppl will be able to buy unlimited pps.

This stones will remove one level/attribute and give you a free pickpoint instead.

They dont give you additional pickpoints. :P

Piper

I dont like the idea because with 50 hydro bars you can buy nexus which you can later remove to get free pickpoint.

honestly cant believe the amount of moaning going on about something not even ingame yet.. if ent makes them available from the EL shop then so be it ( his game his choice and also another money maker to keep the game FREE).

Have never seen the issue with ppl spending $ in the shop.. does player A spending $100 effect me ingame . nope not one bit so its not a problem to me.

personally i would like to see the stones very very rare but also dropped from monsters as well as harv , keeps both side's happy then

I think that best thing to do is not give pp back but choose where to put it, in that case bought nexus wont be able to put into the attributes but will always be in nexus.

If I read it correctly the nexus works on nexus only and attributes work on attributes only. Not sure how that is implemented but it means you cannot buy nexus to get an attribute. You could buy an unlimited number of pick points with hydro bars if you could remove nexus points and use them for attributes but it would be immensely expensive to do this in game considering how much everyone knows being able to do that is worth. I am not even sure you can remove a nexus you have bought. I do understand however that Entropy would not put in game a way for anyone to buy unlimited OAs as that would be a game breaker. 500K per OA level would be experience but the people with 40 million in storage would be instand gods. Not going to happen IMO. :P

TirunCollimdus

honestly cant believe the amount of moaning going on about something not even ingame yet.. if ent makes them available from the EL shop then so be it ( his game his choice and also another money maker to keep the game FREE).

Have never seen the issue with ppl spending $ in the shop.. does player A spending $100 effect me ingame . nope not one bit so its not a problem to me.

personally i would like to see the stones very very rare but also dropped from monsters as well as harv , keeps both side's happy then

I didn't moan, I just said what I think about the whole idea.

I didn't moan, I just said what I think about the whole idea.

Well, your point of view is always self centered. For example the recent sort-of-exploit that you are using to gain massive defense exp, you are complaining that it's going to be sort-of-fixed (you'd still be able to use it, only not so effectively).

You don't think about the game as a whole, you only think about what affects YOU. Well, this is not my way of thinking, because if it were, we'd sell a lot more items in the shop so that I can finally pay off my mortage for the big castle I just bought.