Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ambrosius

Break rates

But making a/d exp restrctions aswell as making all maps pk now would make almost imposible to get a/d like top players already have, like it isn't very hard already. Unless everyone would have to start from begin, but I doubt anyone want that.

I understand your argument Desertus. But I see these people's high ranks, as rewards for their help in the game and the restriction on exp for a/d as an idea to fix an interesting situation for the community.

The 'high levels players' were here earlier on, they helped the game by testing the client and server, going though all the server reboots, they helped fine tune the weapons we now use, they helped the staff to understand how to run and develop this game. There is also the free advertisement EL got from all the votes and word of mouth these people did. I only stopped here myself because EL got so many good reviews around the net...

Should they be rewarded? I think so, they got a high level char, if they got tired of it, they probably just took a break (Stalag), sold it (Besiktas, dOcToR), or like many did a #kill_me yes (Lorck, DonPedro).

The idea of the restriction on exp for a/d is not for those people, but for the vast majority, because like ent said, people are not training the way he first intended them to, and now the players are running into problems with power gamers (armor and weapons breaking, spawn fightings, etc).

You don't get it. I'll take myself as example, at my lvls (~fluffy lvls) I'm too weak for pk. I have to train 15h+ for 1 lvl and with every lvl it's more and more. My goal is to be pker and to reach that goal I'll have to train for next several months or maybe year, I don't know that excactly. With a/d resctrictions I would be unable to reach that goal ever, cous would need to train for years to reach my goal. Playing game would become pointless for me and Im sure for many others too.

the reason things break so fast is b/c we (as a whole, not everyone) train on things we werent meant to train on, we are too weak, the only reason we can fight what we do is b/c our armor is absorbing the hits. and the more often it has to absorb the hit, rather than us dodging it, the 'faster' it will break. train on things that are at your lvl and you wont break things near as fast, its as simple as that.

cous would need to train for years to reach my goal

lol, you need to train for years like it is now ;p

Do you have any idea how many hours top 20 a/d players train every single day, 365 days a year ?

You just need to figure it out and increase more 4h day which means you will live, sleep, eat here for next years just to be able to kill someone in KF ? Is it worthy all that trouble ? thats what you have to ask yourself.

the reason things break so fast is b/c we (as a whole, not everyone) train on things we werent meant to train on, we are too weak, the only reason we can fight what we do is b/c our armor is absorbing the hits. and the more often it has to absorb the hit, rather than us dodging it, the 'faster' it will break. train on things that are at your lvl and you wont break things near as fast, its as simple as that.

Im getting close to 130 a/d now.....i have 142 oa (so my p/c is pretty high). The only monsters i can get decent xp on are Mountain chim and higher.

So dont say me or any other top 20 a/d player is training above their lvls :P

we are too weak, the only reason we can fight what we do is b/c our armor is absorbing the hits.

i train in aug leather and tit short yetis and i stay on them for 2h before i need to restock.

And Amb is right, we all have huge p/c and anything below MC is playground for us.

So is the goal here to have a good time playing, or to madly level to be the best?

And if it's the latter, then what?

So is the goal here to have a good time playing, or to madly level to be the best?

As long as you have levels, the goal of most people will be leveling fast. It's like this in every other MMO, why should it be different in EL?

It can't be both? Why can't monsters, etc. just be made so leveling is fun? :P

EL is only game where playing is like "work", its not just relax and have fun

My goal is pking, it's a lot fun, but to pk I need high lvls(not the best but high enough to defend myself) and I need to train a lot for them(which is extremly boring and time consuming). IMO everything except pk here is boring and too repetitive.

My point is...the "broken" system doesn't get fixed because the only way to truly fix it would be to make everybody start over fresh. Of course that would cause an uproar, lead to a mass exodus, blah blah blah.

Which leads to my question...what is the goal? To enjoy the game, or only to be top dog? And if you only want to be top dog, what do you do after you reach that goal?

Break rates hmmmmmm:

Havent a clue what the break rates are so i bought a NMT cape recently to help out.. maybe im unlucky but i have broken more with it than i did without ( MOL,COL and cuisses in past few days) and thats only training on mid-level monsters

(note: doesnt help that Tankel sucks at fixing things.) I would like to see an option to pay tankel more for an increased fix rate.

ie:

Col basic 60/40 fix rate at 10k then plus 1% per 1k extra you want to spend

Which leads to my question...what is the goal? To enjoy the game, or only to be top dog? And if you only want to be top dog, what do you do after you reach that goal?

only az falcon aka nezaket can answer that question :P

Let me try : you sit into KF and watch others (Who kept training and passed your levels) fight :P

Which one? :P

Would a solution similar to what the harvesting skill has (you only get exp for the first 120 item u harvest) work for attack and defense? Maybe you would get exp for the first 30 monsters you kill in the hour or you get exp for only 15 minutes of any hour you train (in case ppl start healing their monsters or train in PK)?

People will hate you for this suggestion, but it's another thing I'd like in a MMO.

Pretty sure they will, lol. But I bet Ent would even lower the break rate for items if that was implemented :P

I highly doubt it. The reason for the breakrates at the moment is to also include the amount coming INTO the game. if this idea was to be implemented then it would cause lower breakages overall due to less hourly usage of the items that are breaking. Which means one end of the flow of items slows down as the other end continues at the same rate, leads to a buildup of ingame items and teh market suffering as a result.

Am sure things are as they are coz they are the way they should be and put into place by someone who understands the variables across the WHOLE game, not just one part of it.

we are too weak, the only reason we can fight what we do is b/c our armor is absorbing the hits.

i train in aug leather and tit short yetis and i stay on them for 2h before i need to restock.

And Amb is right, we all have huge p/c and anything below MC is playground for us.

so that means that its at about your lvl to train on then, if you need tit armour in order to train on it i still think it means that its to strong for you. i have never broken anything on rabits, i rarely break anything on ogres, and i can take fluffs and DC's with full tit on. ive taken alot less DC's and fluffs and cycs combined than i have ogres and broken ALOT more items on them, same was true when i started on Ogres. i broke things faster b/c i was going for the better exp. meaning i sacrificed my items for exp. if i had stayed on gargs for 10 or so more A/D lvls b4 moving on im sure i wouldnt have dmged 2 CoL's and alot of other armor. but i wanted the better exp.

also i have just started training cycs (except the fact that i just reset) and im sure ill break alot more items on them now than if i wait 10 more a/d lvls to start them. its just how things work. i have a low lvl alt that i have train on gobs and skellies, he can take gargs if he wants, but they are still strong enough to break his steel and iron chains too much for my liking so i steped him back down til he gains a few more lvls. go for the things of your lvl and you will break less, i think ive proven that to myself if i havent proven it to you guys so be it.

EL is only game where playing is like "work", its not just relax and have fun

I must disagree, i played also silkroad and conquer online, and in both of these games exping is faster but a lot more boring.

Reasons:

1) U kill there many mobs very quickly, so u rather play like robot, u just turn on search and destroy "mode".

In eL u dont have 1-hit kills when u train on mobs(unless mobs r a lot weaker than u but that is not training), so they r more of a challenge=more fun.

2) Comunity in eL is great, while u train here there is always some time to chat with friends, that makes u busy and u r not so fast bored.

if you need tit armour in order to train on it i still think it means that its to strong for you.

U forgot 1 thing, mountain chim or yetis r not like fluff or ogres. They wont "forgive" u small p/c even if u have high a/d.

I was able to train on fluffy with bone at p32c4(iron plate set, no col) becouse of my a/d.

Such thing is not possible with yetis, i will need to wait for standard yeti p/c( 44/88 or 52/80) to get back on them( probably serp or cutlass+ steel set and col).

I fully understand that.

Deal is simple: very strong monsters(nice exp and drops)= higher break rate that on weak/low lvl monsters.

I hope i didnt made too many typos and my post has some sence :)

eMPi

:) silk road!!! I played it was BORING :/

But, I believe that you all should watch your p/c on monsters. If you work at it and move things around you'll find what you need. At 4/34 p/c I train on gargs with CoL tit shield and aug sets. I have yet to damage my shield or CoL but I broke a lot of auggies which matter not to me because they are cheap and in expensive. I average about 100-200k per hour on them which is considerably good for a newbie of my stature.

Okay so is it a mistake to take high p/c? as far as everyone is saying, yetis break armors quite often. but suppose one keeps p/c low and ts at mid 120s to train on feros or chims. would that exceed the yeti training? just wondering as i am planning ahead on my oa lvl and saving up pp.

Ye, in yetis you can use good p/c without problems because they got a lot of hp. I think 100/50 or so of c/p is not much for them. Tho, if you keep adding p/c, you will end up not gaining good exp, not even barehanded on them.

For instance, i stopped using pps in 54/100 of p/c, i had some free pps and a few negs to take, tho i don't got awesome exp on them (not as much as other people gain), i lasted more time in the spawn (very hard to get yeti spawns), gained some more drops, etc. :medieval:

EDIT: Just to make it a bit less confusing: its not mistake to keep p/c low till montain chims or so, then you are required to get good p/c in order to hit the monster at all, but try to not take it too much, else you will end up not gaining decent exp.

Edited by Lorck

Some ppl reached a deadend and slowed down their exp gain coz they didnt thought about consequences of raising their p/c.

Atm best and fastest way 2 reach yetis is to train tsed at~40/50 on fluffies( if u need att exp) or~44/60 on feros(if u need def exp).

U wont break a lot of armors and even on high a/d u can make 280-300k/h oa exp.

Of coz best is def pvp with some1 who has similar p/c( not very much coord) and 120+ att lvl but its not easy 2 find pvp partner who is 24h/day online( like feros or fluff :medieval: ).

eMPi

Okay so is it a mistake to take high p/c? as far as everyone is saying, yetis break armors quite often. but suppose one keeps p/c low and ts at mid 120s to train on feros or chims. would that exceed the yeti training? just wondering as i am planning ahead on my oa lvl and saving up pp.

Sun you know my p/c.I am 100's and without ts pots i still get minimum 290-300K per hour.

Keep yout physique lower than 36 and save pps.When u will be ready for yetis u can add all those pps you have left.