then i went to fix this degraded stuff:

1 tit plate destroyed

1 steel greave destroyed

1 COL destroyed

1 steel greave repaired.

I lost the other tit plate on the second yeti after the one that degraged it

To summ it up: i lost about 260k worth of stuff in just 4H training

I was wearing NMT cape btw (ofcourse)

I do understand that stuff has to break or else there will be too much items ingame......

but this is just too much......you might think im unlucky...but this stuff happens to other players too.

I hope the break rates will get adjusted a bit...because this is just very annoying ;/

I think the breaking rate is way too low (with MM). Otherwise people can get too much exp and loot.

Besides, I've seen how you guys train, and the game wasn't really designed to train like that.

I was training on Yetis...nothing abnormal about that ;)

Yeti was, as far as I know, originall designed for people in 80s-90s to team up on for fun. Not to train on.

-Blee

break rate is ebul for me (last month i got degreaded 4 steel torsos, 2 tit , 3 cols, few tit shields, tit/steel greaves cuisses, and plenty of steel shields ;)) lastly and drop rate is even more ebul for i don't remember when i got last wolf bar from yeti :P

i think i'd be nice if you increase rate for wolf bar a little it used to be my main source of gc :P

Yeti was, as far as I know, originall designed for people in 80s-90s to team up on for fun. Not to train on.

-Blee

Well, its the only moster i can get decent xp on.....and i can box them btw.....so they r for training :P

eeek seems real bad luck ;)

I normally do yeti in leather armor and steel shield, i only use COL as expensive object.

As far i can tell at least tit shield breaks too easily and i dont recommend its use.

-Blee

Well, its the only moster i can get decent xp on.....and i can box them btw.....so they r for training :P

Well, maybe they invented Giants for you to team up on at your levels then. ;o

I just wanted to say, they're not designed for training, but for a challenge.

Agreed they're all that gives decent exp, but its actually not why they're here.

-Blee

eeek seems real bad luck ;)

I normally do yeti in leather armor and steel shield, i only use COL as expensive object.

As far i can tell at least tit shield breaks too easily and i dont recommend its use.

ye, but training in that stuff means you burn hes/srs fast...so you have to leave spawn after a short training time....and that sucks...... you know how hard it is to get a yeti spawn nowadays ;/

Collection of plates or pr0 exp... maybe use some sword, so you will have worse exp but less degraded items?

Collection of plates or pr0 exp... maybe use some sword, so you will have worse exp but less degraded items?

Doesnt make too much diff...i lost a lot of items using sword too.

Well i guess i'm going to be really annoying here.....after training on yeti for months now i've only had one ti plate degraded, few ti shields, 3 ti greaves and ti cuisses about 5 times. Col has been degraded 3 times now but never on yeti, personally i don't have a problem but maybe i'm just lucky ;) I also train in full steel for mc and so far they've only degraded cuisses twice.

-Blee

Yes, and considering that the best spawn is irin cave, i see some parties of 4-5 people who goes there and say 'oooh this is non-multi map!!'. (no, they dont, this is sarcasm)

Well, maybe they invented Giants for you to team up on at your levels then. ;o
Considering that the ancient nordic folks invented the giants (it was the chaos forces who were rivals of the gods in nordic/german mythology), and they don't had EL or any other video game, i guess it was not to provide a chalange in ambro's gaming expirience. Edited by Lorck

To summ it up: i lost about 260k worth of stuff in just 4H training

I Broke about 5 armors too in about 2 hours yesterday... Only it was other peoples with my Branch of detruction ;)

well i usually use full tit *sometimes just aug leather top with rest tit* and CoL

only items degraded were tit greaves, 2 tit cuisses, 1 tit shield and a CoL (i think dunt remember)

and thats about 600 artics and 3k-3.4k yetis

and heavybeard fixed them plus some other stuff that was broken via branch, other person.

kinda scared to go back to him now lol only down side about doin yetis is the drop rate was noticably reduced but thats kinda good prices for wolf bars/books might go up or be more in demand..

Edit : As ent (?) or someone else said in the last breaking of armor post a few months back, just unlucky is all...think toomy made the post is someone wants to look it up

Edited by chaoogie

many months ago, when yeti was first introduced, you all said you'd need 140+ a/d to train on it, yet you train on it with 120~ a/d.. you should expect losing items, and btw most yeti trainers are VERY rich

many months ago, when yeti was first introduced, you all said you'd need 140+ a/d to train on it, yet you train on it with 120~ a/d.. you should expect losing items, and btw most yeti trainers are VERY rich

Show me some1 who isnt 140 or who doesnt have at least 4 neg perks and can box yetis :dry: Afaik only ppl with ~p60c100 or higher have some comfort on yetis(barehanded).

Tit/steel sets and cols made training on yetis possible, and of coz fighters destroy a lot, escpecially when they r hotheads ( wow i just reached 110a/d, i go kill some yetis, im so pr0 now).

Like i told some ppl, killing yetis with cutlass/serp will make u loose less armors( u wont get good exp either), killing barehanded or with bone will make u get ~400k/h exp on double spawn but u will destroy a lot of ur equipment. There is no 3rd option( well, maybe pvp with cols+steel sets but thats only def exp+ u dont make any money that way:p).

Of coz decreasing drops of yetis made them less profitable( i heard its -15% gold than before, dunno if its true).

But at least less newbies will be on yetis now, after they destroy their stuff fast + wont be able 2 make big(any) profit :omg:

I killed 14k+ yetis until now( mostly with thermal serp or normal serp) and break rate isnt low on them but with nmt cape is acceptable( unless it was changed recently;p).

eMPi

Unless I am mistaken there has Always been a choice of either making GC or making Exp in this game. It is merely a side effect of this choice of playing that has produced the effect that if you pursue the one, then it is to the detriment of the other.

imho I think if you expect the uber pr0 exp rates then you should expect to pay thru the nose for it.

If you dont find that acceptable in terms of your bankbalance then its time to downgrade your Exp rate expectations to something that doesnt empty your gc reserves or actually start to improve them (I know I have finally completed my target of 10k trolls and made a small fortune on them in doing so)

I realise this appears to be suggesting you change the way you play to another tactic (and indeed it is) but it appears to be your only viable solution at present. Your only alternative would be to continue fighting yeti and getting stuff broken and accepting it.

I think the breaking rate is way too low (with MM). Otherwise people can get too much exp and loot.

Besides, I've seen how you guys train, and the game wasn't really designed to train like that.

Well yes, grinding is what makes a game repetitive and boring, and removes the role playing and quality social interaction from it.

But if you can see numbers and levels, it's natural that most people will want to max them as fast as possible.

After playing a few MMORPGs, I'm hoping that some day someone will develop a nice MMORPG with no apparent numbers. With combat and progression, but no predictable experience output, so you can't effectively train, you just do stuff for fun.

After I came back about 1 month ago I was like "wtf my armor breaks like a candy o.O". Almost everyday something was broken :dry: I asked some players what's going on, if break rates has been changed or something.. and there were voices that they also break a lot of items.

@Ambro: I also don't like, when my items break, so although my stats and attributes raised I am trying to find a ballance between exp and profit by using a sword.

btw. from what I know you got like 2 times more nmt capes than me, so you still are at + I think. (over 20k yetis here and only about 7 nmt capes :omg: ) So what should I do and say, when many players around get nmt each ~1-1.5k yetis while I am getting 1 per ~3.5k ? =/

After playing a few MMORPGs, I'm hoping that some day someone will develop a nice MMORPG with no apparent numbers. With combat and progression, but no predictable experience output, so you can't effectively train, you just do stuff for fun.

Great idea. I think it would be like Dungeons and Dragons versus a free form RPG system. I don't know how it would be possible to implement a free form RPG on a MMORPG with hundreds of players, but still, a great idea :dry: