Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Today's Invasion

That second invasion was a total blast! Aluwen totally rocks! And *someone* did a very nice job with their acting skills. :confused:

Thanks for the fun...time to pass out from all the excitement!

Llyn :)

Irsis invasion was so much fun. I like that there were different levels of monsters invading. Usually I stay away from invasions because the creatures are too hard for me. It was nice that everyone could join in on this one :) TY for a fun event. :confused:

Just wanted to say ty

i had a great time

There were only a few of us left in the end killing the last of the mountain chims

and ty to the guys that had my back

went through about 400 he's in the end no sure how many srs

best invasion sinse the Tg magic school

well down all those that organised it

Cant wait till the next

Handyman Thor

Just wanted to say that I got to participate in both invasions and had a blast. Its been a long time since we had this type of invasion and I for one have missed em. For those unfamiliar with these invasions, unless otherwise announced, IP is usually a safe map to stay on or inside buildings on most maps. I thank all those involved for the hard work and the roleplaying. Its the things like this that keep the game fresh with that little touch of the unexpected.

Guest baneazaghal

This was a great event, but I decided not to participate, since I am "only" 26/29 A/D. What about throwing in more of the low-level monsters that would allow the beginners/low-level fighters to participate as well (many people had already said it)? It would certainly bring the players together, this way it looks like the high-level fighters had all the fun. And that idea about waves is a good one: for example, in the first wave you have weaker monsters, so that we (peaceful alchers/harvesters) can contribute out little part. Then more and more dangerous creatures should appear, and stronger players can take over. We could even organize a formation next time :). Well, after this one, I'll probably do some training in the next few days, so that I could participate in the next mass invasion :) I especially enjoyed the frenzy that was all over the game - great work for this one! And Mortos popping out right next to me in Glacmor storage - great :) He even visited the library (evil people like to read a lot).

:confused:

I only caught the back end of the Irsis invasion this morning and even though Aluwen said that the invasion was over, there were still quite a few MCs, bears and spiders around. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or a mistake but thats the only beef I have atm.

I helped dispatch a few MCs at the end as well as the mana burning bears and the paralyzing spiders.

Even though I'm not pleased about the time of the invasions (I missed both!), I'm glad there was one to cater for the people in the far easten, aussie and west coast timzones :confused:

The problem with invasions is they are for high level fighters only. I tried to go one of those maps, and then it was invaded by fluffies and I died, dropping some low level items. After that I figured it would be better if I just log off... Don't get me wrong - I think invasions is a nice thing, but like most of this game, they target the high level fighters, and those with enough money to afford dying (either by using a rostogol stone or just by replacing the equipment they lost). The non-fighters or the low level fighters have very little chance to do something during an invasion, as there are always high level monsters invading (most of those people just log off, go to IP, or try to get some of the death bags left by the fighters).

I think, as suggested here, you should limit the level of the invading creature in some map, to allow all players to enjoy the invasion. At the same time, you should put high level monsters in other maps, so the high level players would have somewhere to go and they won't kill the low level invading creatures that the low level players are fighting. In fact, maybe there should be a few such "invading levels", like this:

1. Rabbits to Boars.

2. Pumas to unarmed female orcs.

3. Unarmed male orcs to ogres.

4. Hobgoblins, cyclops, fluffies, armed orcs, and tigers.

5. All chims types.

6. Yetis and giants.

I think this is the best solution to the problem, and this would allow all players to enjoy invasions.

I was able to participate in both invasion and had a blast. They both did start out with some lower lvl creatures such as male and female gobs and work their way up. I do understand lower level fighters wanting something a bit lower to start with maybe. I remember being new and running to hide from any invasion that started. Now they are great fun and during the two invasions I only lost one rost, thanks to a plethora of tigers :)

Anyways, I liked that in the end of the second invasion the creatures were separated to animals in the south and monsters in the north. It split us up and we had to decide which route we would go. I chose animals and almost died again when the bears spawned all around me and almost instantly burned all of my mana. So maybe doing things such as separating creatures on the map for easier and harder is a good idea for the future.

In case anyone wants to see, I got 3 screenies from the second invasion.

Click'n'stuff

More to click

Last click

For those wanting lower-level creatures...two invasions were being run on different ends of Irsis..one with weak-medium and the other with medium-high.

There were wolves, foxes, goblins, gargoyles, orcs, trolls, panther, leopard, etc (for the lower-level fighters)

Morabelon Here!! :)

Whoa what great fun that was. Please say yes to more of these in the future. Was able to keep up with it most of the way. And did very well up untill the time I tried to kill said mountain chim withsome help and 2 to 3 more entered in the fray before I could diss and excape hehe lol. Thus bringing me to a untimely and horrible end! So I lost a ros, it was worth it !! Thank you for such a fun event loved it! Please have more of these in future. It was great!!

Mora out!! :o

Edited by morabelon

My first oldschool type invasion. Had a blast, and got my 1st phantom warrior (while dodging cyclops =-), and lost 1st rosto to a tiger. Kinda thought that was going to happen ;-)

The high level players cleaned up the gargs in votd pretty quickly. I'm training on gargs now and would have loved to wade into a pile of em, but got there in time to see a pile of bags. Portland was fun, but again didn't last very long.

Things tapered off for me and probably for a lot of the other lower level players after the Portland invasion. I've explored most of C2, and have an idea how to get around, but a lot of the other lower level players haven't, and have trouble figuring out how to get to the invasions on C2 before the low level stuff is over. Not knowing what's through the next map entrance creates a lot of confusion and adds a lot to the channel spamming...

Having low level stuff invade C1 while high level stuff invades C2 would probably help to make the invasions last a bit longer and separate the high/low players. I'm sure that lower level players would be more likely to participate on "home turf" knowing where to find storage/bots/NPCs/safe havens/teleports/etc.

Maybe have someone role play one of the other gods and run the C1 invasions or something like that.

Regardless of the above, I had a lot of fun and would love to see more of this type of stuff.

TYVM Acelon (and whoever else helped)

Nooooooo i always miss the big good invasion >_< damit =(, stupid telstra lines around here were down cuzz of a bad storm =(, plx have another one soon, i hope ill be on =((((( :(:cry::dry::omg:

Max12

Edited by max12

In fact, maybe there should be a few such "invading levels", like this:

1. Rabbits to Boars.

Or you can type #beam me up and have your own private invasion...

This one was interesting, with the different areas for different levels of fighting. Again, great fun!

Edited to add: Loved fighting in the trees! What a fantastic use of that map! Such a blast!

Llyn :icon13:

PS Aluwen rocks! She is teh goddess!

Edited by Llynara

Recent Willowvine invasion...

Once again guys a fantastic invasion - well controlled - and something for every level.

None of the map hopping - and spurious claims of monsters - from noobs

All in all - a wonderful success...

I somehow missed the global message about Lynthorp... :\

I probably would have had awesome fun there, but missed it all.

Nonetheless, this invasion was good (i still had as many armed male orcs as could physically attack me attacking and killed them all, great fun... but then somehow the next 5 odd that spawned killed me... lucky crits i guess).

In regard to invasion scenario layout, i liked the method used in Irsis best :icon13:

Guest ohmygod

Aluwen, next time you see me with low health and being mobbed by Yeti give me free heal. kk? :icon13:

Nice job, keep up the good work :)

Edit: The bears/tigers/spiders mixed in with other monsters was ebul.

Edited by ohmygod