Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Today's Invasion

What'd you guys think of it? Comments? Suggestions? Complaints?

Oh, and explain why it was good or bad :D

Edited by Acelon

seemed great, although more stuff for low-mid levels would be nice. btw seemed cleared up when you said it was over but i passed an MC in srm and it scared my pants off.. but a fun invasion overall, hoping to see more :P

btw that a-chims in portals room was a piece of genius ;)

It's been a while since we had this kind of invasion, so I think most of us are happy that it happened ;) no matter, if it was "good" or "bad".

Normally I know more about it, but I left in the middle of the invasion because some noob tricked some of us :(

My complaint: People saying there are Cycs instead of Arctics in portals room and my disstele getting caught by 300 of those arctics :P

But really, about the invasion itself I haven't got a lot to say. Nice I guess ^^

Just do more of these, all will be fine

-- Cyp

EDIT:

Great fun, though *someone* needs to work on his acting skills...:P

Llyn :P

I so agree :P

Edited by Cyprom

I'm so sorry for myself that i took a nap so logged in later than normal ;)

votd invasion should have been nice for me (mosters i could have handled) but was over assoon as i arrived so jumped in into PV underground and was instantly killed by yeti LOL

from what i heard it was nice

Too much yetis and arctic chims for me :P

but it's my own opinion, I'm just an average fighter...

But anyway, it was a lot of fun, I'm looking forward the next one! ;)

Thx a lot!

Edited by Schmurk

As usual, the higher level fighters made short work of the areas that a mid-range fighter could have handled. Would it be possible to have simultaneous areas invaded with differing levels of creatures? I remember some older invasions where something like this was done. The higher level fighters tended to focus on the tougher areas. Just a thought.

Guest Salatmann

Yeah it was really fun ;)

but i came a little too late (was peaceful afk @evtr storage when hobgobs attacked evtr...), so i had to start in the underground^^

My suggestions are mostly to prevent people from dying, perhaps you want people to die in battle with no hope during invasions... i dunno... but just my 2 cents:

Decide the difficulty of monsters in an area and stick to it.

Dont have fluffs/feros/dc's then spawn giants and yetis.

Giants, Arcric chims... and trolls?! in the c2 portals room... many lower level fighters would have had more fun had the trolls been elsewhere.

do more for lower level fighters, all goblins, un-armed orcs and trolls all over c1 would be good.

But all in all a great invasion!!! nice work to those who run it.

Edited by Korrode

Great invasion, it was nice trying out the feros and dc's, 20 yetis raped me at the end and i lost my rost ;) but that wont change my opinion, it was fun

I loved it! I had the chance to watch the army of EL in action and also i was able to kill my first feros, tiger and cyclops! Congratz to the ones that hosted the event! I hope we'll see another one soon, with more monsters, even more accesissible monsters! ;)

My suggestions are mostly to prevent people from dying, perhaps you want people to die in battle with no hope during invasions...

O.o prevent people from dying... no

Decide the difficulty of monsters in an area and stick to it.

Ok this is not such a bad idea, iirc there were some trolls announced and in the end that map was invaded by fluf. Not sure how it was exactly, but the monsters didn't stick to their announcements ;)

-- Cyp

It was most fun event of all the invasions so far.

Particularly the variety and mix. Garg with a few trolls... LoL. Killed 2 garg and got killed by troll.

Also the spread of higher lvl monster to C2 was very good idea.

Overall very good event. :P:P:(

Suggestion

Make the event in waves instead of too many monster at once and these waves should last 5-10 minutes.

Also try attracting higher lvl player to one area and then unleash some thing lower lvl in another area and even lower lvl in another area.

;):P:P

Thanks

- Darky

;) just missed it!! why!!! :P

It's been a while since we had this kind of invasion, so I think most of us are happy that it happened :P no matter, if it was "good" or "bad".

Normally I know more about it, but I left in the middle of the invasion because some noob tricked some of us :P

My complaint: People saying there are Cycs instead of Arctics in portals room and my disstele getting caught by 300 of those arctics :P

dude there were cycs, i got away after siarato killed one.. then the arctic spam began... don't blame me, i was too busy running then ;)

I know people are going to yell at me for saying this, but I'm glad it's over. I understand lots of people like fighting, but it seemed kind of erratic and crazy the way it jumped from map to map (and yes, I understand that is part of the allure for some), but for someone just wanting to stay out of it I didn't like having to monitor channel 6 just to make sure I wasn't going to get caught in it. Maybe future invasions could clearly identify a few safe maps from the get-go, by that I mean, one or two maps per continent that are NOT going to get invaded. That would not mean that all the others necessarily would be, but it would allow those not wanting to take part in the slaughter to move to greener pastures, so to speak, without having their screens spammed by hundreds of "is itover?" and "is vodt safe again?" and "were is the invashion no" and "what is pv?" messages. That would be much appreciated.

lilbear

Very nice invasion. It was long, many different monsters from armed skeles to giants. Really a lot ppl had fun.

The only1 minus of it were yetis at the melinis entrance(its multi map so no matter how strong some1 were he just died w/o any chance 2 diss+tele or flee).

Many monsters= a lot of fun

Even if some1 wasnt able 2 kill the strongests ones it was fun just watching while Szatan or Senia were pwning giants 1on1.

All in all great work, thanks :P

<edit> Forgot 2 put some pr0 screenie ;)molime.jpg

<edit2>

Maybe future invasions could clearly identify a few safe maps from the get-go, by that I mean, one or two maps per continent that are NOT going to get invaded.

After the invasion in portland was finished we heard:

[19:25:12] #Message from Mortos: Bah, Seridia is worthless to attack. Only the idiots lurk there. My shadow shall move elsewhere...

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

ugh,

I can't believe i missed yet another invasion...

I knew I should have skipped school today ;)

I thank you so much for this Acelon. I really missed having such an invasion and i had great fun

with it. Sadly i had to stop when i got gange by 3 Sslessars and 1 Arctic Chim in Inverwhateva...

But anyway. I stopped even training for going to inva.. and that means alot in my case ;)