a couple of weeks ago, my motherboard fried...i was sad :P

baught a new system yesterday....

3.33 ghz

512 mb ram

120 gb hd

windows vista home basic os

radeon express 1100 grafics

i was happy :)

downloaded the client,...i can log in, but as soon as i enter the game i am cast out....i am sad again :(

is this due to windows vista not being supported yet?...or graphics not good enough?...if it is a vista problem,..when can i expect an update to fix it?...if there will be one.

I tried playing EL on vista home too and it closes after logon.It doesnt tell me anything about errors and i couldnt find a way to fix it. I'd say its because of Vista...i'm now playing on my computer, on linux, so that "fixed" my problem but i dont know what you should do. Good luck :)

highly likely it's vista. see if you can get drivers for your video card from ATi, because the drivers microsoft comes out with are rather useless.

be warned, if you get OpenGL by installing drivers that actually work, you may lose some eye candy (although if I recall correctly, vista home basic doesn't have much anyway)

as for fixing vista support... it's possible if it's a simple bugfix or two, but I doubt it will ever work properly. microsoft is pushing directx really strongly, and that means no opengl support (it's not just EL that will suffer. think of big-name games like doom, I believe. there's a lot of opengl games and programs out there).

it's possible that if enough people complain, microsoft may fix their system enough to support opengl, but I doubt it (shyeah, like they'd believe the people who pay them have any right to decide what they want)

so the solution will be to get drivers from the manufacturer, as has long been the case for problems under windows (unfortunately, business as usual)

Actually, we got many reports of EL working great on Vista.

The problem is with that particular ATI card, I don't think anyone was able to play the game with it, no idea why.. (XP, Vista or Linux).

The solution is simple: Buy an Nvidia card. You can get an NV GS 7300 for less than 100 bucks.

YES!!!!!....the vidio card was the problem...downloaded the catalyst, and it worked..thanks for the help

i am in el once again :confused:

Thank you.