Eternal Lands Official Forums
Hap_Loder

OldSchool - dishonourable behaviour

He did not violate any rules, but behaved dishonourably.

Me and Jettai from SaH were training in a TG PK area. OldSchool popped out of the door and attacked, killing both of us. Since we were obviously training (we had no weapons out) it was dishonourable for him to interrupt and interfere.

Unfortunately, OldSchool does not seem to speak English very well, and I could not determine what his native language was (otherwise I might have tried to talk using babelfish). Nevertheless, by PM he made it clear that he had no intention of returning my belongings.

There is a difference between free-for-all PK maps and small dueling chambers like the room we were in. When players want to train with one another they must use small maps like the one we were on. To participate in player training requires a different set of equipment than when player-hunting on PK maps, and it is dishonourable to take advantage of players who are trying to train with one another this way.

I would of course be satisfied with the return of my belongings but I don't believe OldSchool ever had any intent of doing that.

Hap_Loder

well.. a sad but true fact is = a pk area is a pk area is a pk area.

Means, nevemind if its an arena or an small room. There is the chance you get

killed since its... lets say its a small kf surrounded by walls :cry:

Still no good behavior but we allready saw alot ppl getting posted here cuz of that.

I would say im just a bit tired of seeing this..

Hap, if u wanna pvp in safety buy private guild map and a PK bot to guard u( or join a guild which has it).

About attacking ppl in training:

Some guilds dont allow such behavior( mostly peacefull guilds that dont PK:p) and some do( mostly PK guilds that do PK =p).

Im not trying to defend ,Oldschool in any way, just explaining why he did it. He just see u and any1 who he is able 2 kill as a free stuff running around. Its his way of making money( and some fun coz easy money is probably fun 2;p).

Of course attacking some1 in train will mean red tag for guild but since Die! is strong and looks 4 enemies( coz they wanna have more fun from PK) its only good 4 them :)

Just little info from me :)

eMPi

Guest baneazaghal

I don't think that Hap_Loader is stupid, so there is no need to explain him/her the rules. (S)He also didn't say it was against rules to kill or to be killed on a PK map, (s)he only stated that (s)he thinks it is dishonorable to interrupt someone's fight. As far as I can tell, outlaw forum IS used to describe such behavior. Of course, some people might have a different moral view on the whole matter. But I'm also tired of seeing people writing things like "you can get killed on a PK map" as an excuse for the people who attack other people while they are sparring against each other. To be honest, it even doesn't make much sense, since killing an opponent in 2 blows usually doesn't bring you much XP, does it?

I don't think that Hap_Loader is stupid, so there is no need to explain him/her the rules. (S)He also didn't say it was against rules to kill or to be killed on a PK map, (s)he only stated that (s)he thinks it is dishonorable to interrupt someone's fight. As far as I can tell, outlaw forum IS used to describe such behavior. Of course, some people might have a different moral view on the whole matter. But I'm also tired of seeing people writing things like "you can get killed on a PK map" as an excuse for the people who attack other people while they are sparring against each other. To be honest, it even doesn't make much sense, since killing an opponent in 2 blows usually doesn't bring you much XP, does it?

Exactly.

And killing people in Leather and Chains doesn't get you good items either.

No one's saying that attacking people PvP training is against the game rules, but the majority of the EL community will consider you an "Outlaw" if you do it.

I'm all for fun in PK'ing, i've just left a non-PK guild and joined a PK guild, but slaughtering people in leather using full steel and my sabre is not my idea of fun PK'ing... anyone doing that isn't proving their a good fighter, isn't proving their strengh or that they're smart... they're just being nuisance and not even benefiting themselves while doing it. It's just stupid.

Edited by Korrode

I'm sorry but I disagree,

KF is a nobody-land, you go here looking for something to slaughter.

The arenas, from Conan the barbarian to Dragonball (Troy, The 13th Warrior, Hero, Star Trek... the list is endless) are the places where 2 player fight and the other makes a circle around to look -without interfering-

Infact, you can find seats around arenas

I certainly dont deny that KF would be an ecceptionally bad choice for PvP training, but who said anything about KF anyway?

If people did like you said Harlock and didn't interfere with 2 people fighting in arena's i'd be more open to your arguement. But due to people just like OldSchool, no one feels safe PvPing in the arenas, thus they have to go find small, out of the way area's to PvP.

As such, those small rooms or areas that are PK, as far as i'm concerned, are no different than an arena.

Big PK maps (KF, TD, Hulda, Thelinor, etc.) are the free for all, kill anything that moves areas... although i personally still wouldn't kill anyone PvP'ing (except enemies) in those maps anyway.

Edited by Korrode

I would insist you don't stray from the topic. If you want to discuss anything start a new topic in the General Chat/Offtopic forums. This is not a proper place for such a discussion.

I certainly dont deny that KF would be an ecceptionally bad choice for PvP training, but who said anything about KF anyway?

That's right, we were not in KF. We were in the little arena in the TG magic school.

In fact, I had not realized it was a multiple combat map until we were attacked by OldSchool. On the CEL website (http://www.el-cel.com/info/maps.php?Det=27) which generally is an excellent resource, it says that it is a single attack map. I know it's not an official resource, but it's such a well-built site that I do a lot of research there, and it had me fooled.

Since we're talking about arenas, where are there good arenas that only allow 2 players to fight?

Hap_Loder

well i dont know wha to say....i am really really sorry...i didnt saw any other way to get free stuf...A yeah,and i lied you about "me no english" kk?

But your words did something like earthquake in my poor mind..so from now on i will give all my stuff for newbies on IP,i also say "Bye " to Mortos and join Aluwen...i will aslo talk about peace,friendship,true,justice everywhere..even to giants on thelinor..

That will be my end

Bye