Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mauriciom

When you inst EL - Lenguage Option

When you are a noob, you dont know that If you change en to es in the option wind you can have many of the thing in the spanish. I think that adding a leng option in the instalation could be a great addition to the game. Also with that ppl could enter the game with the channels 1 and lenguage... that way if they dont know english they can talk to the own lenguage channel and that will make things easyer to mod/ppl in jc 1.

Sometimes when i go to get pc from pp i see a lot of

hola, alguien habla español?, me mataron :blink: (hi, some1 speaks spanish, i was killed)... and i do all the plz do not speak spanish here... join channel 255, or pm with bar "/" name... /mauriciom hola

so that could help a bit... Im on channel 255 all the time as many other ppl that speak spanish, same thing with ppl that speak other lenguages...

imhp this could help a lot...

:confused: cheers

Edited by mauriciom

I was thinking that it's probably not possible to do this as part of the installation process (at least as long as we use NSIS/zip)... but then I figured that it's the wrong time to do it anyway.

the right time to do this would be in character creation (the login/new char buttons are images, so you won't get them translated, even if you already set another language).

the '#jc lang' could be sent after a 'char created' message is received... the only possible 'bugs' I see is for the people who have to re-use the char creation window (pay for p2p or change shirt/hair/etc) and selecting something other than english would be joined to that channel again... but I doubt it would be a big deal... the other 'bug' is that the language channel would be their default, which may be a problem (if the channel isn't currently populated)... to get around that, we can always send a '#jc 1' after