Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiseDwarf

Special Days occur too Frequent!

But there were much scholar days the last days.

mayb reduce the chance on scholar day (and increase the No Drop day ^^)

maybe you should :hug:

All days have same chance to happen, so in the long run all days tend to happen in equal terms.

Its fine as it is.

How can u explain that it seems that some special days occur to come much and others come alot more rarely in the game?

Its simple as flip a coin, the probability of heads or tails is the same ,ie, 1/2 or 0.5

Of course in a small sample of 100 trials you can have heads like in 70% of cases but in the long run both heads and tails will converge to 50%.

So in this game if you have like 10 special days , each day, has the same probability to outcome 1/10. Of course if you have a small sample of occurrences it will seem some days are taking the lead to the rest but in a big sample (prolly in a couple of years) all days will be similar in the end.

How can u explain that it seems that some special days occur to come much and others come alot more rarely in the game?

Chance is a female dog :P

:P

I think it's good as it is now. Now people like special days, but when special days become 'normal' they aren't special anymore, and gone is the fun :P

I agree totally here. :P

I agree that special days should be more common, I don't think every day should be one but as someone who has kept track of every special day since the end of July '06 I can show the following:

Total days = 856

Special days = 141

So very roughly 1 in 6 is a special day (I think 6 months is long enough to measure it over before people flame!)

Of that I have classed 74 as negative and 66 as positive. Now obviously it depends on what you class as negative/postive; as an example I say day of the brave is a negative as no flee however for a high level PK'er he might see this as positive cos it means no one escapes his mercy!

I'd like to see it increased to something closer to 1 in 4/ 1 in 3 :P

Specialdays.jpg

141/856=0,1647

So you can see, here is that 17% mentioned above.

You may seem that there are less freqency in your "favourite" days, but that's because of more variety in special days. The more kinds of special days, the less of one particular. However 17% seems balanced to me (if it was up to me, it would have been 10% or less :P)...

Edited by Khalai

I agree that special days should be more common, I don't think every day should be one but as someone who has kept track of every special day since the end of July '06 I can show the following:

Total days = 856

Special days = 141

So very roughly 1 in 6 is a special day (I think 6 months is long enough to measure it over before people flame!)

Of that I have classed 74 as negative and 66 as positive. Now obviously it depends on what you class as negative/postive; as an example I say day of the brave is a negative as no flee however for a high level PK'er he might see this as positive cos it means no one escapes his mercy!

I'd like to see it increased to something closer to 1 in 4/ 1 in 3 :P

There is a problem with the graph though. not all days have been here for 6 months, and while they have the same chance of happening, they havent been in the days pool as long.

It's not really important, it still shows how much % of days are random and how often others occured

btw, I know for a fact there has been more than one no-rosto day, maybe your graphing thing got messed up :P

I like everything the way it is, tho I thought it a little odd (maybe a little Time-Zone envy) that Scholars happened in the middle of the 2 straight nights for me within the last 3 days.

every1 remembers what happened to the arti perk right? some1 started to bitch about a good thing so lets not start that again

thank you for mentioning that :P and i agree! :hiya:

as for the timezone envy 'bah' i could complain cause i missed to scholars days because i had to work, but who would listen? heheh, except drkhwk and he only listens because he isnt deaf and has to live with meh! :P:hug:

I think most of the people wont mind to have more special days...

But there were much scholar days the last days.

mayb reduce the chance on scholar day (and increase the No Drop day ^^)

Maybe theyre supposed to be random ? :P I think theyre fine as they are.

EDIT: typo

Edited by FeLkkU

Well, if someone good in statistics sees the graph - it is obvious that the avg-line slopes down as time passes by. I think the author's wish is not to show how many good days or bad days were there, but simply to point out that special days are not evenly distributed...

In general it does not matter that much. They are called "random days" anyway - there is the reason for it. :confused:

I cannot believe that someone would start a thread like this.

We just lost artificer, and you go and try to nuke something else that the majority of us like by posting a list of your complaints.

Unlike artificer, i see very little chance that special days will be removed. They are Great!

It's not really important, it still shows how much % of days are random and how often others occured

btw, I know for a fact there has been more than one no-rosto day, maybe your graphing thing got messed up :blink:

I agree there has been more than one but this graph is only up to the 24th of Feb - the other has happened since then :(

Actually just checking my records there was a No Rost on the 24th Feb starting around 22.30 UK time but this is not included on the graph (and yes I do have the time and dates every special day happened as well - I'm that much of a loser! :confused: )