Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiseDwarf

Special Days occur too Frequent!

Lately Ive noticed that Special days have been occuring to frequently. Yes some are good and some are bad and they are usually balanced, but why cant we just have some normal days? Last night I went to bed and it was Solar Flares then I wake up and its Scholars Day Then I go to class and come back and its The Book Print Day whatever its name is then I leave and come back and now it is Murphy's.

Dont you think this is a little out of hand?

Just my thoughts......

Personally I think almost every day (like 90%) should be a random day. What's wrong with a little variety?

BTW, there was murphy's yesterday or day before too, but oh well

Personally I think almost every day (like 90%) should be a random day. What's wrong with a little variety?

BTW, there was murphy's yesterday or day before too, but oh well

I agree...to be honest, in the time that im on, i dont see many random days. I think 90 % of the days would be good, maybe could lower it to 80% but a vairety of days is something i would like to see.

Even though there are a few days I really hate (no-harvest, no-eat, and no-mix for examples), I agree a higher percentage of random #days would be nice. I could live with a few more bads ones to get a few more of the good ones.

yeah me also i love special days, i get all filled with anticipation everytime that clock strikes 5:59 , i think an NPC to buy speical days is a must (yes i know this has been discussed already)

No reason to get bent out of shape shadeslayer.....It was just my opinion. Doesnt mean you need to agree with it. If you dont like it just say so, but no reason to say it like you did.

I think that they are just right as they are now.

The chance is something like 17% each new ingame day for a special day, which means that on average there will be one special day each IRL day.

I personally love the special days, and get disappointed when it turns out to be a normal day, so, nah, I think they occur well enough. Even though i wouldn't mind a few more :icon13:

I think that they are just right as they are now.

The chance is something like 17% each new ingame day for a special day, which means that on average there will be one special day each IRL day.

Wouldnt that make it 25% if there is an average of 1 per IRL day :icon13:

I must have just ran into one of those times where all the special days just happened to all be right together. Guess it is fine how it is.

Wouldnt that make it 25% if there is an average of 1 per IRL day :icon13:

Well, an average of one a day, because 17% is one in every 5 in game days, which means that n average, each day will have one, with some exceptions.

I like it as it is. Only change that I can think of is adding a bit more random days and adding some mean to the month as well (the effect should be lesser than random days' one).

I'm having hard time believing that some1 is actually complaining about too much special days... o.0 *sigh*

I'm having hard time believing that some1 is actually complaining about too much special days... o.0 *sigh*

ye, those days rock! lets hope it goes on ^^

Special days are cool, whether they happen or not it is cool. I mean if it takes forever and finally after 3 days hits a random special day wouldnt that make it all the more worth while? cuz you did all the waiting and finally one comes that you benefit from. Thats what happened with me and scholars day :). massive a/d exp for a noob like meh

Special days were meant to be special for a reason, weren't they? If there would be even more of them, they cease to become special. Leave it, as it is please...

I like special days, even the negative ones. Like acid rain, makes the game a bit harder (yea I lost FR cape cuz I wasn't paying attention :D)

I wasn't in any of the 4 special days mentioned in this thread, but I was on when a Stakhanov day began ^^ won 1k gc with it => guild betting

There's more to it than just a random day :)

No changes required imo

-- Cyp

I think it's good as it is now. Now people like special days, but when special days become 'normal' they aren't special anymore, and gone is the fun :hug:

I think most of the people wont mind to have more special days...

But there were much scholar days the last days.

mayb reduce the chance on scholar day (and increase the No Drop day ^^)