Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tuver

hyperbag

Hyperbags free for all or owned  

109 members have voted

1. 1. you find a hyperspace will lots of stuff. what do you do

• Hyperbag there are no way to know who's they belong to so never take one.
    • Hyperbag there are no way to know who it belongs to so if you find one it's yours
    • Other: please post it
  2. 2. Hyperbag and ownership?

• placing a hyperbag you still own it no matter what!
    • hyperbag have no owners; since there is no way of knowing who placed it
    • hyperbag have no owners even if I know who placed it
    • Other: please post

I haven't heard what The EL community thinks of this. If you come across a hyperbag and take it is it still considered bag jumping or is it buried treasure?

For me personally its not really an isuse. If I am working on a project with other people and we have to sleep, I just afk on the space where the bag is :P

I personally never take hyperspace bags, because I know a lot of people who use them. I've found a few by mistake while looking for my own, and I always put them back. I afk on my own bags, so I'm not worried about people taking mine, but I still think it's rude to take other people's hypers.

On the other hand, since you have no idea how long the bag has been there or whose owner it is, I can understand why people take them. I just personally never would.

Personally, if someone spends like 50 hours making a huge ass bag for like thousands of steel bars n has taken the time n spent the money to get all the resources together, and someone accidently opens it (most liekly cause they are checking before they make a hyper bag) doesnt mean u win the lottery, i would hope most of the elderly(long term) players would asks a guildie or someone to bring them a skull ring incase they dont happen to have one. but thats just me n hopefully also the nicer part of EL.

Personally, if someone spends like 50 hours making a huge ass bag for like thousands of steel bars n has taken the time n spent the money to get all the resources together, and someone accidently opens it (most liekly cause they are checking before they make a hyper bag) doesnt mean u win the lottery, i would hope most of the elderly(long term) players would asks a guildie or someone to bring them a skull ring incase they dont happen to have one. but thats just me n hopefully also the nicer part of EL.

Well, if you work so much and put it in a hyperspace bag, then you better make sure it's in a good (hidden) place. Since finding the bags is so hard (and expensive), I think that those who find them should keep them. Of course, if they want to return them, then sure, it's nice of them, although I wouldn't hold them morally responsible if they don't.

I rarely work with hyperbags and never made very big ones, but never lost one either.

Accidentally found a bag of 100-200k worth stuff once though(few k bars, why not take em to sto?) and retirned it to hyperspace knowing some guys had used a lot of time to build it. But, place the bags somewhere else than in front ores/coal/gems :P. Ive had my (small) hyperbags merged at those places few times.

EDIT:Typo

Edited by FeLkkU

Well if i find a hype bag i'll either store it then give it away in a contest... once you make a bag its gone... risk the ing or go to a store.

of course if its a friend i'll rehype it or something.

I don't use them, never found one either (except from the one with a gift from a friend .. I was given coords) .. but that's because I am never looking for them. That solves the problem with 'what to do if you find one'.

Well, if you work so much and put it in a hyperspace bag, then you better make sure it's in a good (hidden) place. Since finding the bags is so hard (and expensive), I think that those who find them should keep them. Of course, if they want to return them, then sure, it's nice of them, although I wouldn't hold them morally responsible if they don't.

well its not really that hard, if you spend alot of time at the :usual: and not so usual project spots in el, u can usually see where people have hyper bags just a matter of paying attention. I do agree with you, who ever makes a hyper bag that contains a large amount of goodies should have the sense to work it out in a good amount of time to make sure it wont be accidently or purposly taken. no sense in leavin a 200k hyper bag and wait like a month or so to work on it lol, but loses like that make people question the game and the people they play with. personally never made a big hyper bag other than to have someone mule it later lol 50kish sulpher or something like that

I would really feel bad if someone found my hyperspace bag and took away all the items from it, which is why I would leave the hyperspace bag alone (close it up I mean) if I ever found one.

I wouldn't want to ruin one's enjoyment. You can't expect everyone to do the same thing though.

Hyperbags are diffreant from normal bags which you leave by accident(death, tele nexus, grue, etc.). Hyperbags are used to save some time by avoiding using storage and that have a price.

I haven't found any and made a few haper bags yet but IMO they dont have owner and are free to take. And as noone can own them taking the is not bagjumping is just being lucky.

The one thing I would add is that it should be wrong to actively seek out a hyperbag... but if you find one - it is fair game.

The one thing I would add is that it should be wrong to actively seek out a hyperbag... but if you find one - it is fair game.

It wouldn't be wrong, it would just not be worth it. The keys are espensive, and it would suck to use like 100 keys and find a hyperbag with, say, 1K FEs).

Ent and Raz, you are quite wrong. I remember when Iscalrith sto was in a more convenient place earlier for bars, you could easily find huge hyperbags at the iron place with a minimal effort.

I've opened some by accident too, but I placed them in the h-space back because the people usually working there were all very nice

Edited by vytukas

i'd take it, they just being nice when ur around like people do when i walk near there spawns (afraid too get serped LOL)

Ent and Raz, you are quite wrong. I remember when Iscalrith sto was in a more convenient place earlier for bars, you could easily find huge hyperbags at the iron place with a minimal effort.

I've opened some by accident too, but I placed them in the h-space back because the people usually working there were all very nice

Well, that's of course their fault. You should never place them in obvious places.

I would never take placed hyberbag as I do not bagjump. No matter who the owner is.

Once you put the hyperbag it does not belong to you anymore. If it disappears in one or more days don't cry that somebody bagjumped you. You took the risk. No risk, no fun.

Having personally used hyperbags in projects with friends, I would find it difficult to justify to myself to take one, or any single item from one.

At the end of the day, the discovery of your bag depends on how long you leave it, and how obvious a place it is in.

If you are daft enough to leave one in an obvious place, prepare to have it taken by one of the less ethical members of the EL community. Long live the diversity of people we have here, keep the bagjumpers and scammers; we need someone to revile, and it reflects society at large.

well, i never found one, and wouldn't have taken it anyway i think.

and when i use some, i usually let a key in it, in case someone nice finds it accidentally and doesn't have the key to re-hype it. never know, it could work. ^_^

THATS a damned good idea cayuga, and i will borrow it for those times when we too use hyperbags, thanx.

*edit: with the obvious exception of contests lol

Edited by Pyewacket