Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evalin

Fixing high end summon stones.

Right now, if I'm not mistaken, Giant stones are sold by the npc for 24k.

To craft, it requires 3 eles? an eme, and a binding stone.

binding stones we'll set at 7k, eme another 3k? (sorry, been gone from the game for a while, marketing may be a bit rusty :confused: ) and ele's another 3k each.

That's 19k in pure ingredients alone. At a 75 recomended skill, let's say you HAPPEN to create them at an 80% success rate (Blodocks may be the only one able to do that well), in order to get ANY profit out of this, you would need to sell for 24k... the npc price, and even then, you walk away with 200 gold profit (only counting the enriched essences in the equation (and binding)).

The equation gets worse with the arctic chims and yetis.

I think it would be best if either the npc selling price of high end stones was raised, or they weren't sold by npc's at all.

ELE was quite easy to buy at 1,5-2k a few weeks ago (before the chance to make them was reduced),

yeti ingrs cost more than actual stone already at that time.

I don't think removing stones from NPC will solve any problem, people don't buy them much because of the prices anyway (both from players and NPC). However changing formula for giant/yeti/arctic could help a bit .. slight reduction of the cost of ingredients of each stone would help (example: removing 1 enriched ess or maybe removing binding stone, and replacing it with a ele, or something less expensive)

(btw evalin .. eme is more like 3,5-4k)

I like last Entropy adjustment.

I make profit with other stones and it's good.

Never I'll sell my giants and arctic :confused: for profit.

I'm ready for Red Dragon too, Ent please!!! :P

I like last Entropy adjustment.

I make profit with other stones and it's good.

Never I'll sell my giants and arctic :confused: for profit.

I'm ready for Red Dragon too, Ent please!!! :P

Knowing Entropy, he'll make the Red Dragons have a 50% chance of NOT treating you like a friend and ignoreing guild tags :P

Knowing Entropy, he'll make the Red Dragons have a 50% chance of NOT treating you like a friend and ignoreing guild tags :)

Ok to ignore friend guild tags (or 50% chance to ignore friend guild tags), but why a chance punishment for the summoner? I worked hard for that red mountain :)

Personally, I would love it if the dragon was summonable and had a 50% chance to go nuts :)

*Muppet summons a Red Dragon!

Muppet: Woohoo!

Muppet made a tactical error!

*Dragon continues on rampage in map*

If the dragon is ever summonable, just to have something unique to summoners, it would be nice if it weren't on a stone :>

Back on topic though, if you can't make high end stones at a profit, what's the point of making them at all? Obviously if you're making giant stones, you're not worried about failing on a giant summon (lvl 75 for stone, 55 for summon). To train summon with them would be rediculously expensive, so the only other thing to do would be sell :)

Maybe reducing the cost of ingredients would work like reni said, but then with the xp they give, it'd be even easier to lvl in summon D:

Red Dragons on PK is simply ridiculous imo for now. When giants were first added to the game they were almost impossible to take on 1vs1. Now there are plenty of people that can take them on 1vs1 on pk. But some really ridiculously rich person summons 2 red dragons on pk, its game over.

Wait another few months before adding them :P

I would like to un-bury this topic just to point out that right now, it costs 22k to summon a giant (given you've taken the time to train summon, read the book, and so on)

5 ele = 15k

2 eme = 7k

Where as someone who never picked up a book, never trained their summon lvl could go to an npc and buy a giant stone for 24k gold and use the stone with 0% of failing.

Where's the motivation to actually summon a giant? Please, I honestly do think it would be for the best if yeti, arctic chim, and giant stones were removed from the npc completely. People can still buy the stones, but from summoners who actually had to do the work to create them.

Wouldn't it suck if an npc suddenly began selling crowns of life for 60k or titanium plates for 85k?

I love the implementation of stones, they give summoners a way of training without it being nothing but a money burn, but the npc's shouldn't be selling the high end stones in my opinion D:

Where's the motivation to actually summon a giant?

Umm, in killing people with the giant? Supporting your guild members in combat?

Also, it can be used to kill the dragon, and get the scales. That armor looks pretty sweet :confused:

Where's the motivation to actually summon a giant?

Umm, in killing people with the giant? Supporting your guild members in combat?

Right, but like I said, actually summoning a giant costs 22k in ingredients, costs mana, and has a chance to fail, where buying a stone costs 24k from the npc, takes no mana, and has absolutely no chance of failing no matter your level. Makes sence just to stroll on over and buy a stone rather than manually summon them.

huh? since when do you need 2 Enriched Magic Essence to summon giant?

You only need 1.

My mistake, I wasn't in game to double check the encyclopedia, and used cel's site as a reference (they claim it to be 2 eme's, but you're right, it's only 1)

That does knock it down to 18.5k for an attempted giant summon.

I still think npc's not selling them would help out, being the giant stones cost 1 binding, 3 ele's, 1 eme.

7k+9k+3.5k, or 19.5k. If you create the giant stones at 80%, which is a great deal considering it's rec lvl is 75, and you sell for 24k (matching the npc price) you're averaging 19.2k cash back per stone. Losing money on making a stone only a few can create in the first place.

I donno, maybe I'm the only one not agreeing with this :hehe:

It's 1 EME and 5 ELE

I think you can buy them for significantly less than 18.5K

It's 1 EME and 5 ELE

The price on ELEs have gone up a lot the last few weeks due to MoL and other factors. A PC on the market channel got 4K. EMEs are also 3K+. So if we assume 3.5K for all of them we have: 21K.

Even low at 3K each, that's still 18K (which I don't think is significantly less than 18.5K).

Edited by bkc56

It's 1 EME and 5 ELE

Ele are now more worth then 3k gc. Dont know the prices now (my computer broke down), but a week ago people are buying ele for 3.5 and 4k because everybody wants a Medallion of life (2 ele used). And it will stay that way because Mol and even NMT breaks. That the rates for making ele are increased temporarely makes no difference. Even enrichment stone is 3k-3.5k gc. Comparing with a month ago before the Mol was intruduce it was 1500-2k gc for ele and 2k for enr. stone.

Back to the topic. Made 3 giant stones out of 3 and gets 12k summong experience each. The ratio is about 2 gc each exp. If you summon a wolf, the material to cast is 35 gc worth and I get 80 exp; ratio is about .5 gc per exp. A brown snake the same ratio. BUT you get paid for the giant stones, if you sell them, unlike Blodocks. So if you lose 1 out of 4 stones on summon level 75 to make them, the ratio is also .5 gc per exp just like brown snake and wolfs.

PS. hmmm thats why i stopped making the 4th giant summon stone :D

PS. hmmm thats why i stopped making the 4th giant summon stone :D