Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
baddude

pickpoints

as we all know that pickpoints can be tough to get at higher levels

my idea is this: at OA 150 each level be worth 2 pickpoints, at 160

4 pickponts, 170 6 pickpoints and so on. idea good or bad?

as we all know that pickpoints can be tough to get at higher levels

my idea is this: at OA 150 each level be worth 2 pickpoints, at 160

4 pickponts, 170 6 pickpoints and so on. idea good or bad?

We all know pp are harder to get the higher OA a player is but thats the down side of being an Uber character, its supposed to be harder

so no bad idea in my view

Imho very good idea.

For ppl thinking: Omg! Why those high lvl fighters should get free pps?

At lvl 150 u need 23kk+ exp to next

At lvl 160 u need 38kk+ exp to next

at lvl 170 u need 60kk+ exp to next

Yes, fighting is highest oa exp per hour at some point( even 400k+ per hour if some1 uses up a lot of resources), but before u begin to bitch about another unfair advantage for fighters just check how many hours of constant and risky training some1 have to make to get 1 pickpoint ( assuming s/he always gets free double spawn + wasnt pked/didnt died coz of lags and got that 400k/h).

Its ~60 hours at lvl 150

~90 hours at lvl 160

and ~150 hours at lvl 170

eMPi

Sorry, really silly idea as Conavar points out.

What is missing from the game are more high-difficulty tasks that people at those levels can attempt, which are worth much more experience (proportional to the level gaps). But these shouldn't be simple one-action tasks, but rather extended feats.

I don't think this should be implemented (it basically reduces the amount of exp per level up there), per perhaps some other advantage, like you are allowed a "perk point" at each 10 OAs starting at 140, which you can use to get any perk :D

Exactly true what Masterpiter pointed out, but why is it that way in the first place? It is not some unavoidable issue with how the code works if Entropy had wanted High Level Fighters to get more PP he would have made it possible to do so; instead he used "Practical Level Caps" which means he did not give an absolute max, instead he merely made it so at some point it will not be possible to level anymore, so around ~210 it will 100-200 Million Exp to the next level, and nobody will get much higher than that. So yes, I recognize the fact it is almost impossibly hard to get PPs at those lvls, but that is the way Entropy designed the game.

The Duck II

You actually says: Give 2 pickpoints per OA on higher level. So that means on a higher level you only need half OA per pickpoint. So we can simply decrease exp needed for an OA and I think that's really a stupid idea.

The entire reason for needing so many exp points at OA levels like that is to reduce how many PP's you get and slow down leveling.