Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Newbie Intents VS Current Status

When I started out some short time ago, I wanted to be able to make all that I needed so I got into Manu. I did a lil fighting and got restore spell so I starting potioning to make my own Srs, lol. And then I wanted pps so I started fighting even more. Now I just harvest, chat and once in awhile I will mix/manu/potion a thing or two. My fav skill is still potioning. Oh yeah, and I also wanted to be rich in gc! But since I have never had more than 30k at one given time, I have given that dream up as well.

Edited by Sweettea

We all start with something but in the end it seems most of us become pro chatters :D "The rest" of the skills are just to keep our chars busy :)

Well i'm still at grasshopper level but when i started this game i liked the idea of making my own things,being self sufficient and all ^^ So i picked up manu but realised you cant manu without harvesting and alching (for financial reasons). And i fight for the fast exp and cause i get bored of the other things sometimes. Pot, crafting and summoning are the neglected skills, but i'll get to them one day :)

Edited by BlacKat

I wanted to be an all-rounder, but got stuck on alchemy for a long time, making my alch level higher than even my harvest. Attempting to attain that initial goal now though, got all skills other than magic and summoning at 30 or higher. The only exception to the all-rounder philosophy I have is summoning; I don't like it.

Most of my time in EL I spend harvesting to get ingreds in large amounts for other skills.

Oh yes, I also chat a lot - the EL disease caught by nearly all of us. :confused:

I wanted to become a good harbester/alchemist/crafter. Worked hard while there was not much restrictions and impediment for harbesting and making things in general. All I had to care is carrying enough foods and keep resouces at hand. Now everything changed. EL became a waiting game. The worst thing is cool-down time. I started new character to see how it goes. When he started making essenses, it became unbearable to wait until I can eat again and work. Long seconds wasted. Now, I pretty much just walking around, sightseeing. Nothing seems to be worse doing. Oh, I am willing to work hard. I will, if my time is not wasted because of some control freaks who want us to sit around waiting for permission to eat. I want to work hard and see my character levels, but the game does not allow me to do so. It makes me just sit and wait.

Edited by Jojo

I wanted to be a manufacturer, had an awesome plan with manderijn, he was gonna be summoner/fighter and me a manuer/fighter. Together we would have best armor, 2 good fighters and an army of summons to rule KF. Anyhow, my manu slowed down as I'm not one to mix when there are goblins to fight, nook1e overtook me and it became pointless to manu when he made everything for me and manderijn anyway. Then nook1e overtook me in magic and a/d too, so he was a better fighter, infact, he overtook all my levels. Fun sponge no? Now all I care to do is PK, and find a couple of these stones Luci buys for 400-1000kgc would be nice also.

EG

I wanted to be a big fighter, it worked, but im bored a bit, then after server crash tryed to fight again, but it was so slow to get back my skills, some months ago i started to mix everything, and i dont want to train on my combat skills, i will be the best crafter :)

I wanted to have fun and become as allround as possible.

I am having fun and my levels are coming nicely.

Just those books: I fear i never read them all. When i think i am getting there some game developer thinks up some new books and i have to read even more. :)

O well, it keeps me busy.

I wanted to become a good harbester/alchemist/crafter. Worked hard while there was not much restrictions and impediment for harbesting and making things in general. All I had to care is carrying enough foods and keep resouces at hand. Now everything changed. EL became a waiting game. The worst thing is cool-down time. I started new character to see how it goes. When he started making essenses, it became unbearable to wait until I can eat again and work. Long seconds wasted. Now, I pretty much just walking around, sightseeing. Nothing seems to be worse doing. Oh, I am willing to work hard. I will, if my time is not wasted because of some control freaks who want us to sit around waiting for permission to eat. I want to work hard and see my character levels, but the game does not allow me to do so. It makes me just sit and wait.

Toadstools + Food storable + Mix buttons = never been easier to "Work Hard"

I started out as an allrounder. That was easy because back then there were no nexus required for any skill. So i did a lot of everything. Slowly i started shifting more and more to fighting. After the big crash i became a powerleveler in fighting. After i got a job, things slowed down and i didnt have the time to compete with the top rankings anymore. I am now mainly an afk harvester :omg: and sometimes when i feel like it, i do a bit of a/d training/pking :rolleyes:

My character is developing essentially as i'd planned originally... I wanted to be a fighter/manufacturer.

What better secondary skill for a fighter could there be other than manu; you can make your own weapons and armor!

I had a good look at the way the game worked before i started playing, or at least in the first few days. I quickly realised that being able to make my own HE's and iron/steel bars would help me as a fighter/manu alot, i accepted i'd be doing alot of alchemy and harvesting.

My brother and housemate played too, bro was gonna be a fighter/crafter and housemate a fighter/potioner... between the 3 of us we'd have it all covered... and end up self sufficent pr0 fighters. We actually started a guild together... Then they both started logging in less and less... my bro stopped playing completely and my housemate barely played.

So i found an established guild that had alot of smart people and game knowledge and continued developing my character... I leveled manu a bit more but as the guild i'd joined had an active top 20 manu'er and crafter and a sexeh high level potioner :happy:, but no active high level fighters, i focused on a/d training.

Now, apart from alchemy and harvesting, i'm pure fighter. Left the non-PK trade guild i was in for one of the up-and-coming honorable PK guilds. Helped my girl level manu alot higher than mine so i could #reset and get points off artifical nexus, just having it at 1 for leather armors... but i do plan to get back to manu some day. As crafting requires artifical nexus anyway i always thought it would end up my tertiary skill, but it was still on level 0 until a few weeks ago when i started making thread, level 14 now! :P ...summoning and potioning still are both level 0.

So, to make that long story short; i started thinking fighter/manu/alch/harv and, apart from level 14 crafting, that's what i am to this day... hmm maybe i should have just said that rather than storytelling... eh, too bad.

Somewhere out there is a ..........

....an obnoxious little elf who's skill is jaw flapping

And that pretty much covers my char, in respect of intent AND current status. :)

Let's see, initial intent was to get out of the newbie quests... then to be a manufactor. Well, the easiest way to develop as a manu was and still is through Alchemy. Fighting developed as a way to get much needed ingredients for beginning manufacturing. Harvesting also developed as a way to supply food and material. As my skill developed even more, Alchemy and Harvesting exceeded manufacture by far, and in one project, I was able to raise my alchemy 2-3 levels, while my manu level only went up one - I was a level 40something Alchemist, and level 25-6 Manufactor, I believe. I didn't even pay attention to Harvesting then. That may have been the end of my manu dream, but I was able to make that skill to a level I make my own gear.

Harvesting eventually developed into my focus, as it was easy experience, and more needed material - first Titanium, then Diamonds - which found a use when my fighting became less a supply road, and more a hobby - and potions were not as handy as HE. My Magic Skill started to develop, so much that I'm in the top 50, I believe. Ambition is to carry this even higher...

Potioning developed as another support route to my fighting hobby - SRs are greatly needed when you cast a lot of magic. Crafting developed some after a new quest, and more after an attempt to make something for a friend... Summoning really hasn't developed, except as a hobby - I'm trying to get all my skills about 30 :)

Guest Beowulf

My stats are still n44b - but i want to be top 50/20/10/5 fighter :) but with RL havent got much time 2 play atm.

My first intents, were to do potions. I did a bit of training on Pigsdofly but my main focus was potions. Well potions began to grow boring to me. I grew tired of them after a while and stopped at level 37. I probably could have gotten to tops had I kept training that skill but I just simply didn't care really. So I then decided to make some money. and I found harvesting the #1 way to do it without any of the added prospects to it. Then I found that alchemy was pretty easy to do. My friend Dekke showed me how to level up really quick and i went from 30s-50s in a short time of about a week maybe less. Along with this I found a love for PK'ing. So I trained my heart out for a day or two and started getting stronger. Here recently I haven't done much training in a month or so its mainly been leveling side stats. Like I decided I wanted to craft a bit <3333 so i sold CoL and bought every book for the start off crafting. Then i started leveling and making all sorts of things. I do my best at making money and leveling in skills. Mosly i afk harvest for orders while handling RL shit. I know im still relatively low levels but i try hard for what I got :)

Be an all-arounder, read all of the books, and not have to depend on other people for stuff.

Mostly done, still have to buy wine, sanding paper, and leather. :D

I started out as a newb and didn't really have a goal. I just tried a few different things.

In the ~OX~ guild I found myself to be having fun with manufacturing.

Eventually I decided I wanted to go allround.

Which I still want to do, but I want to be a good fighter now aswell.

I reset to focus on fighting/harvesting and I can do some potioning/alching too. Anything that doesn't require nexus.

I got a very long term project to go back to allround, but its seriously a VERY long time project.

I hope to become a good fighter and allrounder at the same time one day tho. Thats all I want now.

So far I succeeded to what I want, minimum 30 in every skill. My lowest skill is crafting with 33.

The 30 in every skill is what I got from Nidan, back when I could see everyone's stats without privacy.

It were levels I respected a lot and looked up to. Now I got them myself and hope to pass them someday.

-Blee

At the beginning, I decided never to leave IP because WS was just way too big and scary what with those gargoyles and everything :D

Well, I got over that and began to do other stuff, mostly alch (fes) like everyone at that point. I didn't like the fighting at all. I don't like killing animals. On top of that, the bunnies are so frigging fast. I decided to be a potter fairly early on, and am still doing a lot of that. I'm more of an all-arounder now. The only reason I ever started manu was to make iron swords for tin, and look where that went :omg: But it's okay, I'm now hoping to get a few more levels so I can be somewhat successful at s2e. Crafting became a passion for a while, because magic was low and I needed rings. Now that I can teleport to portal I am not actively working on crafting a lot anymore. I started fighting and because all my p/c/a/d are off (cause I started fighting so late) I'm stuck on gargs forever. I'm serious, I've been fighting them for something like 15-20 levels now :omg: I think I'll continue to fight monsters till at least ogres, maybe cyclops. Right around then my p/c/a/d will match up again :D New goals... more alch (love that hydro) and some more potting and fighting. Crafting till harv med, then I'm done with that I think. B)

I started out wanted to be a potioner and summoner and later decided to expand to all-rounder. Now my goal is to keep all my skills close to each other until they all get to around 50 at least, and have Harvest and Alchemy be my lowest, just to be different from normal. Not doing too bad, but really falling behind on Summoning so far...

Me I wanted to be top in something...it was changing every week so i was doing everything i wanted :P than i want to be pr0 archer :hehe: (i know its not in game) i want to be like ebul Robin Hood ,take from rich,keep it myself... :P but it took from control and im not that ebul ;) now I'm bad allrounder :omg: