Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Newbie Intents VS Current Status

Some food for thought!

What were your original intents for your character to become as a new player, and what do you actually specialize in now?

For me, I was aiming to make my character a strong summoner, second would be my fighting ability, then weaponmaking

now, I can make bear summoning stones for now, so close to that intent, I do TONS of alchemy now, which I never suspected myself doing, I rarely even touch the manufacturing skill except for new fur clothes and leather clothes, also use my magic alot more than I would've ever thought

When I first started, I had planned to avoid the fighting and work mostly on Manufacture and Crafting but now I do lots of Alc a fair amount of harvesting and have started doing some fighting.

I thought that if you drank 10 manu pots for example you got 50 manu temporarily, so I thought I would only do potion :D

Ironically enough, in my newbie days I was an a/d levelin fiend. (Now they are my least trained skills) Once I acquired the skills to join my chosen guild, I focused on potions and raising my emu (which meant a LOT of ess and bars). At some point I started in on crafting "just because".

I harvest a lot of veggies and eat them so i'm well rounded too :D

veggie eater are slim and trim..:D:o

you need to eat lots of meat for being well rounded.. :D:hug:

Edit

By the way I started no fighting type.. did most of harv, alch and manu. added crafting also.

But of late I am doing only fighting. 90% of my my exp is coming from fighting lately.

It may be because i do not get long stint of play time and fighting is easy to do for small or long period.

Unless of course you loose the spawn!!!

Edited by darky

Taking control over teh forums, game and world. I gave up after I failed with taking control over my bathroom:(

Started out wanting to make my own armour & weapons figuring i could make a killing ont he market, then got into potions to pay for the leather, then when my friendly crafter stopped playing got into that skill. It has escalated to encompassing all skills now. Which now puts short term goals at all skills at lvl 60

and Long term goals are now to make a full day with out a typo. Aim high thats what a say :D

I don't know what I wanted to be... But it was most likely a mage or conjurer of some sort. But then helping out others became what I liked best, joined EG soon after.

Now I guess I'm an all-rounder. I like crafting though ^^

I like the manufacturing most and I didn't like the fighting part at all. I thought I was going to become a trader or manufacturer. Well, turned out that fighting was more fun, so that's what I did in the end.

me n TDC_hades_L_ where playing togeter when we newbies, he would be the fighter, i would manu thats y i got manu 16, then quit it cuz its anoying and started 2 fight and i became a top 5 fighterm then quit and became a flamer \o/

I started out wanting to be a manufacturer but when that didn't work out I wound up being a fighter instead.
What do you mean, 'didn't work out'? :confused: You were #1 forever.

Oh, I see...a joke, yes?

In the very beginning i wanted to make a char wich would have high crafting, manufacturing and potion lvl.

But eh, i didnt came higher than 18 crafting XD (all done by threads).

Now im doing just harving, fighting and alching.

I tried many skills, was going to become a crafter, even got craft 25 lol (there were no threads at that time :confused: ), but then reseted and became a wannabe fighter

I really liked alchemy when I was new (I still do :confused:) so I got to like level 52 in my first year, then stopped doing it. I also liked fighting, but I got stuck on armed gobs for a loooong time, and got sick of it. So after like a year of not leveling anything but harvesting, now I'm back into alch and fighting, and I'm trying to get my pot and manu up enough so I can make what I need. I like being self-sufficient :P

I started with the dream of becoming the best summoner ^^

I have now, about 2 years later, almost passed the one who was #1 summoner when I started :confused:

The current #1 has more than doubled my levels though :P

I never liked fighting, though I got in 60s-70s over a very long training period with a lot of breaks ^^

Now I do all skills, though I'm not as good as most allrounders... My goal is all skills at or above 35, so that's only 1 level missing.

Favorite skill of the moment would be crafting. Gems are a rather good income with the new NPCs. Need help as an antisocial person though >.<

-- Cyp

I'm a dwarf just for the point of trying Manu'ing and Crafting as main skills. That's how I started and so far so good, but have a long way to go! It would be nice if the races came with slight benefits toward their 'real' attributes.

Meanwhile I have an evil drow type for Fighting and Magic, a druid human for Potioning and Summoning, and everybody Alch's and Harvests. Somewhere out there is a mad pirate with no ship or crew, and an obnoxious little elf who's skill is jaw flapping.... If I ever had the time to reach level 30 with any of these (other than Mugs) I'd be surprised! The rest are just for fun. :)

Well, I started some 15 months ago and when i was one week old I walked through KF with my new iron chain mail and leather boots and pants (thinking I could handle anything now). I got my first experience of PK then (thanks to Asgnny). Being the nice person he is he arranged to give me my stuff back that I dropped and I was to meet him in another map. Like a newb that I was i rewalked through KF because that was the shortest route (didnt know the ship destinations). Someone else decided to take the rest of my equipment from me (rofl)

It was at that point I decided that if i cant make it myself I dont use it and I have lived with that philosophy every since.

So I harvest/alced/manued/crafted/potted and did a little fighting and magic. Im forced to fight to get PPs but cant work out why i want PPs now except to be fluffy safe (a run in with one as a newb when I thought wow with that level of health the fight will last a while; oh so wrong lol) eventually (it would be easier to get mm lol but that's cheating :) )

What dont I like doing now harvest/alc/manu/craft/pots/fighting why - ummm... too much of a good thing (you know the proverb). What do I like doing, helping people, giving stuff away, being so poor that I cant afford the books etc; oh and chatting!!