Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xbox360

Graphics Card

Hey, i would like to get an idea of what everyones GFX card is and how meny FPS they usually get.

My main computer has a Nvidia G-force 7600GT PCI-E x16

My server has a Nvidia G-force MX 4000

My main computers FPS is 61-62

My server is 20-40

:P

Ati radeon x850xt and geforce 6600gt(in different comps :)).

FPS limited to 30, without I get a few hundred usually, if it's not very busy around.

30 FPS usually causes about 20-30% CPU usage, except when it rains and I'm using Ati, then I get about 5 FPS with 100% cpu usage

graphics card isn't always the limiting factor, of course. I have a geforce 6600 gt in my box, with uncapped FPS it's in the 100-150 range... but with that one cpu (of dual-core) is maxed out, and hence the limiting factor (I think EL is somewhat more CPU bound than some 3D apps)

graphics card isn't always the limiting factor, of course. I have a geforce 6600 gt in my box, with uncapped FPS it's in the 100-150 range... but with that one cpu (of dual-core) is maxed out, and hence the limiting factor (I think EL is somewhat more CPU bound than some 3D apps)

One of the reasons it is more CPU limited then many 3D games is to allow it to run on a wider range of cards. Plus, a lot of work by a graphics person with a variety of Unix & Linux systems & cards would be needed to be able to take more advantage of the high end GPU features without losing support for low end systems.

One of the reasons it is more CPU limited then many 3D games is to allow it to run on a wider range of cards. Plus, a lot of work by a graphics person with a variety of Unix & Linux systems & cards would be needed to be able to take more advantage of the high end GPU features without losing support for low end systems.
I'm not saying to remove support for low end cards, it'd just be nice to take advantage of graphics grunt when it's available. and yes, I do know that means duplication, etc, and a lot of work... just another of those "it'd be nice if some day..." things

and sistema, why? I could play EL with my lappy with integrated 855... that was using 32M (I think) of system ram... performance wasn't great, but I expect your card is quite competant

Desktop: geForce 4, about 30-40 FPS because I turn off all the video options. If the options are on, about 20-25 FPS.

Laptop: integrated Intel 850 or something...about 5-8 FPS, and it frequently overheats and dies. xD

16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra :blush: Stop laughing! :) I said stop!! :P

I can't uprade the card since my Dell Dimension 4300S is one of those 'small case' machines and nothing else will fit without some serious sawing and soldering....

I'm just hoping EL doesn't get too sophisticated before I win the lottery and buy a new machine, my FPS already ranges from 12 down to 2!

I heard you snicker! :stare:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I am sorry :P

But 16mb! There must be a better card out there that will fit your case. I cant even think that there are players out there running with 16mb cards. I am so sorry if i am making you feel bad i truly am, but that card isnt worth 1 cent. I would love to take a hammer to it.

I think if you go to a computer store and show them your card they would feel sorry for you and give you a small card that would fit your case. :)

mhm...i have 8mb graphic card...usually FPS is 1-3 but at desert pines and in resync i can get 7..its still playable if u dont need graphic effects and dont wanna wait about minute to load a whitestone map.but at friends PC graphic and fps are great so always after playing on his computer i dont want to play on mine :) time to buy new computer... :P

I have a GeForce 4 MX 4000.

My beautiful Linux OS makes sure I get 120 in non-crowded areas. and like 15-40 at VotD storage (depending on what I'm running in the background).

Windows gave me from 5-45, no matter where I was. (Well no more then like 10 at a crowded area).

I have no hard feelings agains linux, but i think it runs faster becuse it is basic. Not meny background programs running.

Mac suck i think.

Maxtrox Millenium G400 Dualhead XD roflmao

Fps (at night) 3-5 and (at day) 3-16 (high numbers if im lucky)

and everything is set as low as possible

:D Okay, making a little progress here..... I found a card that should fit the space and power requirements for my machine. I get the feeling by the familiar name that it's a notorious POS, but if anyone's using it for EL, I'd like some reviews!

ATI Radeon 9550 (AGP 8x, 256MB) :)

I think i should join in the low-end graphics card club too: one on board i810 with 8M (on a p3 at 933 running linux) and a 32 Geforce2 MX on a mac running mac os x tiger... Truth to be told, the mac version runs better than linux :)

Wump, im not a huge ATI fan but that card will be great for EL. (anything is better than that crap you have now)