Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kidberg

New Summoning Spell

Ok the other day I got real bored while i was mining iron in srm and thought of a new spell that may be useful but also harmful in different ways. I searched and didnt find anything similar so here we go:

A spell (could be a potion or cape or something else also) that makes you immune to attacks from summoned creatures. With the addition of summoning stones, someone can easily summon 10 creatures on you in a battle.

There are downs and ups to this spell or whatever it may be. So give some suggestions and comments on what you think.

Edited by Kidberg7

Good idea, maybe it could add x def or x armor against summons, but being immune seems too strong of an effect though.

Bal

:P to that. sounds like an good suggestion to me.. lots of possiblilities..

I want the opposite, a pker magnetism cloack

wow, what an excellent idea :P

NOT

I don't think the summoner protection spell is a good idea, either. People would just always cast it before going into a pk map, making summoning stones practically worthless. Its like adding another magic immunity for people to cast every time

eh, then how many people do you think with low a/d would summon a fluffy, cast the spell and then be able to slowly kill it w/o ever getting hit, I know I would love to have a fluffy on my counter.

eh, then how many people do you think with low a/d would summon a fluffy, cast the spell and then be able to slowly kill it w/o ever getting hit, I know I would love to have a fluffy on my counter.

It doesn't make you immune to them, it makes you immune to them attacking you. In the same way that monster mag doesn't make you immune to monsters, but them attacking you...

gg :P

So... a spell that basically nullifies an entire skill set? I can't say I agree with that at all. Yeah, anyone can use a summon stone, but they cost a good amount to make or to buy. Having a spell that at most might cost 50 gold in essences nullify let's say a Giant stone, which costs anywhere from 20-24k is just slightly one sided in my opinion. Even on a less extreme note, someone uses 4 tiger stones, that's 1600 gold used just for basically 1 fight. A spell to counter act summoning would destroy the use fo the skill completely.

A spell (could be a potion or cape or something else also) that makes you immune to attacks from summoned creatures. With the addition of summoning stones, someone can easily summon 10 creatures on you in a battle.

That's the whole point of summoning stones, isn't it?

I mean, they are not just for fun and "coolness", they have their purpose. I think this is very narrow minded suggestion.