Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aerowind

My Physics Movie

It's pretty entertaining if I do say so myself. I'm the one in the middle at the beginning. And the one with goggles doing the work.

Tell me what you think.

Take a look at this.

Also in your movie i can see you used clips from another show, now is it me or isnt that illegal? I think so. Copyrights??

Edited by xbox360

What does an Xbox getting smashed have to do with my Physics Movie? And your supposed to look past the blatant copyright infringement.

Take a look at this.

Also in your movie i can see you used clips from another show, now is it me or isnt that illegal? I think so. Copyrights??

it is defined under fair use agreements. as long as he doesn't profit monetarily then the powers that be will more or less leave him alone.

"xbox360" is a name copywriten by Microsoft, and they didnt arrest you :bow_arrow:

I didn't understand any of the calculations, but, that's ok. lol

I enjoyed the movie though, very funny, and quite entertaining :D

Thumbs :bow_arrow:

Actually xbox360 is not a copyrighted name, the xbox360 LOGO is. So i have done nothing wrong :D:bow_arrow::ph34r::hehe:

\o/ I actually got a legitimate comment on the movie and not a continuation of the copyright discussion. And dragburn is correct :icon13:

Actually xbox360 is not a copyrighted name, the xbox360 LOGO is. So i have done nothing wrong :P:icon13::happy::P

A little notice, from a xbox 360 advertising material: ©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, the Live Logo, and the Xbox logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

"xbox360" is a name copywriten by Microsoft, and they didnt arrest you
They can't arrest cuz they don't have police power (yet :D). And usually, the trademark is only enforced if you are trying to actually profit from the trademark and/or use it to compete with the trademark holder.

That being said, i have talked with xbox360 once or twice in game, he is a microsoft fanboy (his own words :)), so i doubt they would sue him, or whatever. B)

Edited by Lorck

See the Logos are copyight, how the hell would you copyright a name? ok i copyright the name bob no one can use it.

See the Logos are copyight, how the hell would you copyright a name? ok i copyright the name bob no one can use it.

You can "copywright" names as trademarks. For example, you cannot make a computer game called World of Warcraft and sell it, because a different company already trademarked that name for their game.

anyway, back to the point ;P he made movie using stuff from a tv show for a non-profit entertainment video, you used copywrote name that a company thought of. both are semi-illegal, but very unlikely that actions will be taken against them :icon13:

btw, like lorck said

©2007 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, the Live Logo, and the Xbox logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
the xbox logos AND "xbox 360" are registered trademarks

further proof that you can "copyright"/trademark a name.

Edited by Atlantis

you don't copyright a name. you copyright something you made (or hired someone to make, etc), and it's the asserting that you retain the rights to decide who and how it can be copied (usually not). hence the name. (the default state is that there is copyright attached, so if there's no statement either way, assume the author retains copyright)

you trademark names, images, etc, that can reasonably be seen as relating to you, your organisation, or your product(s)

xbox and xbox360 would certainly relate to microsoft's products, hence why they can be trademarks (the copyrights in that case would relate to things like the programming or design documents)

ed: so now that's settled, can we get back to more interesting things?

Edited by ttlanhil

ok i copyright the name bob no one can use it.

Well, you need to register your trademark for that kind of stuff take place. Of course, they would deny the registration if you try to register something obvious as 'bob', tho if you try to register something as 'bob sandwich' you may have more luck. There is a product called 'microsoft bob' for instance, which is microsoft's worst program (MS stuff usually are very crappy, now imagine their crappiest prog).

Also, copyright is not the same of trademark. Copyright is a exclusive right to use a expression of idea or art. Trademark is a kind of unique identification, used to protect a name, logo, etc, which an individual or organization use to differentiate themselves or their products.

For instance, in linux' case, linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds, and its copyrighted under the GPL by all the people who wrote it.

PS.: Sorry for offtopic talking about trademarks, copyright, MS, etc. :icon13:

Edited by Lorck

microsoft bob for instance, which is microsoft's worst program (MS stuff usually are very crappy, now imagine their crappiest prog).

*ahem* Don't you mean Windows ME?

\o/ People like mah movie.