Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

torches

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could hold torches?

- they could be used as a weapon, against certain monsters that are vulnerable to fire

- animals would stay away from you because they're affraid

- and most important, they could give a little light, to find our way in the mines better :)

Nidan

hmm, personaly i dont have a problem finding my way in the mines, but it would be interesting if we got elemental damage some time. maybe with matching spells 8)

Yay, risen from the dead: torches. iirc, there's a thread on it further down in this forum.

What if you could hold quartz as a weapon? The Quartz Mine shows how they can be used as a light source, and holding it could have a penalty not being able to wield a weapon or a shield (depending on how it is handled). Maybe make sure that it is dimmer, and if you want to be nasty, attracts some mobs.

Well, I think it would just look really cool, and be fun to have fire, and if we have that campfire ever ablaze, then we will most certainly want to carry some of that fire with us into the dark woods and caves. It would be fun and would look great. That's all. Also, we could have future dungeon maps that are pitch black and unless you have a few torches (they shoul ddie out) you cant go in there, plus it being so dark, makes for a nice difficult maze.

Also, a torch should not take up a weapon slot, a shield slot would be a better compromise.

~Velocet