Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyprom

PK Contest adjustments

PK Contest can be changed.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the next options do you prefer?

• The teams are made at random. No "uber" team signing up for the same guild.
    • The guild with "weaker" people has to have more fighters than the "stronger" teams.
    • Allow more items, so the levels make a smaller difference.
    • Leave everything as it is.
    • Disban the contest. I never liked it anyway.

Ok so here's the deal...

I have been working on a PK contest since November 2006. That was about 2 months work. When it was almost done, I asked people to donate some stuff which I needed to complete everything. Eventually I got it all worked out, and I even found people who are going to assist me during the contest.

For those who don't even remember... This is the link

Now I've got a problem. Nobody seems to be willing to join. Yes, I know, there are like 16~ people signed up atm. But all of them except for those in Jint are bitching that Jint is too powerful. I also had a lot of people who didn't want to sign up because of unfair teams. I already explained in the events topic what I think about that. And I felt a lot like disbanning the entire thing. But fact is, I worked very hard on it, and some donated stuff for this. So unlike most PKers, I think of others too and I am going through with this contest no matter what. (Don't ask what I meant with that, if you don't understand read events topic again, or buy new brains.)

But I still want more fighters to compete. And I also want it to be a bit fair (even though it's not as bad as it may seem atm, but you guys just don't care about what I say...)

So I ask you what you want changed. You can reply in this topic as well, to give some explanation. But please do it in a decent way!! I don't want anymore not-thought-through complaints thrown at me! No bitching. I've had enough of that over PM and in other threads.

-- Cyp

PS: I deliberately didn't make "I don't care" an option. I want some results here...

Edited by Cyprom

Teams of equal party members as you suggested first, doesn't make a fair battle at all, if one team has a superior "power level" over the others.

Having equal power level in the teams is more fair then having just equal numbers, just move a couple people around here and there. I'm sure you can make a better setup for the teams.

And then more people will join.

Seeing as you're a non-PKer and you're in a non-PK guild, maybe you could get some stats collected of some players if they trust you, if not, you can check rankings, if its still not enough, I can always try and help you out too.

Basicly, don't look at the number of people in a team only, look at the stats too, it'll balance things out by alot, IMHO.

-Blee

I voted for weaker teams getting more members.

why? Because if you split people who signed up as a group they'll be mad and just not attack each other until all others of their teams are dead ;)

Edited by scandium

I voted for weaker teams getting more members.

why? Because if you split people who signed up as a group they'll be mad and just not attack each other until all others of their teams are dead ;)

pr0 reply...

That is exactly the reason why I was against changing the teams.

Ok so here's the deal...

I have been working on a PK contest since November 2006. That was about 2 months work. When it was almost done, I asked people to donate some stuff which I needed to complete everything. Eventually I got it all worked out, and I even found people who are going to assist me during the contest.

For those who don't even remember... This is the link

Now I've got a problem. Nobody seems to be willing to join. Yes, I know, there are like 16~ people signed up atm. But all of them except for those in Jint are bitching that Jint is too powerful. I also had a lot of people who didn't want to sign up because of unfair teams. I already explained in the events topic what I think about that. And I felt a lot like disbanning the entire thing. But fact is, I worked very hard on it, and some donated stuff for this. So unlike most PKers, I think of others too and I am going through with this contest no matter what. (Don't ask what I meant with that, if you don't understand read events topic again, or buy new brains.)

But I still want more fighters to compete. And I also want it to be a bit fair (even though it's not as bad as it may seem atm, but you guys just don't care about what I say...)

So I ask you what you want changed. You can reply in this topic as well, to give some explanation. But please do it in a decent way!! I don't want anymore not-thought-through complaints thrown at me! No bitching. I've had enough of that over PM and in other threads.

-- Cyp

PS: I deliberately didn't make "I don't care" an option. I want some results here...

Well first change you can make for me is taking my name of the list, i don't recall bitching and whining about how unfair it was, maybe next time you should word you post abit more carefully ;)

Hm, about the strenght of ppl:

1) Luci

2) Grear, Muf, Lorck, Toom

3) Nita, Ambro , Senia , Wexy, me

4) others ;*(

For me it doesnt matter what the teams be, coz i participate in the contest for fun, not coz i wanna win something ;)

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

Teams of equal party members as you suggested first, doesn't make a fair battle at all, if one team has a superior "power level" over the others.

Having equal power level in the teams is more fair then having just equal numbers, just move a couple people around here and there. I'm sure you can make a better setup for the teams.

And then more people will join.

Seeing as you're a non-PKer and you're in a non-PK guild, maybe you could get some stats collected of some players if they trust you, if not, you can check rankings, if its still not enough, I can always try and help you out too.

Basicly, don't look at the number of people in a team only, look at the stats too, it'll balance things out by alot, IMHO.

-Blee

Well it seems Bleedingsoul Bitched and Moaned enough to make his COUSIN change the rules....hmm and you want to discuss fair lmfao..... if the strongest people deicde they want to compete together then thats that..... and their wasent any problem before i dont see where in youre rules you posted that they were subject to change..but i see how it is things dont work out how people like so they change it till it does ..why dont you just let bleedingsould pick the teams so he stops crying ....**sticks a pacifier in blee's mouth**

SOMEONE plx change bleedings diaper

Hm, about the strenght of ppl:

1) Luci

2) Grear, Muf, Lorck, Toom

3) Nita, Ambro , Senia , Wexy, me

4) others ;*(

For me it doesnt matter what the teams be, coz i participate in the contest for fun, not coz i wanna win something ;)

eMPi

Negonora mabye, But Lorck does not belong on row 2 he is weak

Well it seems Bleedingsoul Bitched and Moaned enough to make his COUSIN change the rules....hmm and you want to discuss fair lmfao..... if the strongest people deicde they want to compete together then thats that..... and their wasent any problem before i dont see where in youre rules you posted that they were subject to change..but i see how it is things dont work out how people like so they change it till it does ..why dont you just let bleedingsould pick the teams so he stops crying ....**sticks a pacifier in blee's mouth**

In order not to get my ass banned from the forums for flaming others, unlike you, I'll try not to reply harshly to that.

I'll tell you this, I don't give a shit about this insult of you, but maybe you should look at the poll, I'll honestly tell you, I didn't even vote.. And look at that, option 1, which is what I tried to get in, is on the lead. Maybe you could reason on that.. Hey wait! Maybe that means that

MOST PEOPLE LIKE THAT OPTION

I'm the one who brought that up and you and your friends brought up together how you'd like to have it, we both had our say, see who got most people voting on their opinion, you? Or me? Thats right, currently, the option I put up, is on the lead. So I guess Cyp might change it, we'll see soon enough.

And on a last note, I liked you better when you cried to me in PMs not to reply because you were so afraid of my replies... Oh and, I don't fight my cousin, can't say that about you and Pook now, huh?

-Blee

Edited by BleedingSoul

In order not to get my ass banned from the forums for flaming others, unlike you, I'll try not to reply harshly to that.

I'll tell you this, I don't give a shit about this insult of you, but maybe you should look at the poll, I'll honestly tell you, I didn't even vote.. And look at that, option 1, which is what I tried to get in, is on the lead. Maybe you could reason on that.. Hey wait! Maybe that means that

MOST PEOPLE LIKE THAT OPTION

I'm the one who brought that up and you and your friends brought up together how you'd like to have it, we both had our say, see who got most people voting on their opinion, you? Or me? Thats right, currently, the option I put up, is on the lead. So I guess Cyp might change it, we'll see soon enough.

And on a last note, I liked you better when you cried to me in PMs not to reply because you were so afraid of my replies... Oh and, I don't fight my cousin, can't say that about you and Pook now, huh?

-Blee

when people build a TEAM (sports or other) they dont look to make fair teams they pick the biggest strongest people to WIN, we WANT TO WIN ... We made our team and you dont like it so WHAT you vote to dis ban it ..now that some bullshit..and YOU ARE a crying little baby and everyone thjinks so...Cry me a river you little forum rat.......And scared if you i am not, youre the type of kid who gets smacked for his mouth i bet..

OH AND YOU CALL WHAT I SAID "FLAMING" HOW IS IT A FLAME ? IT IS THE TRUTH....

Edited by mufossa

when people build a TEAM (sports or other) they dont look to make fair teams they pick the biggest strongest people to WIN, we WANT TO WIN ... We made our team and you dont like it so WHAT you vote to dis ban it ..now that some bullshit..and YOU ARE a crying little baby and everyone thjinks so...Cry me a river you little forum rat.......And scared if you i am not, youre the type of kid who gets smacked for his mouth i bet..

How cute, you want me to counter-flame because maybe I'll get banned? Sorry no, you're not the reason I still logged in on the comp at this hour, I wanted to see if Kat was here.

I'll just tell you, I don't care to lose, winning is always fun, duh. Important is to play, not to win. But why would I play if there is no fun? Like I probably wouldn't have any fun here if there were teams like that.. And more people thought that way, no fun, no game for me.

1) Cyp changes something more fair,

2) people think its more fun,

3) people play.

Everyone happy. Even with fair teams you can still win. Anyway, I'm only logged for short and then I have to go to bed, so you don't need to reply and lure me out, I can't flame in my sleep. :bow_arrow:

G'night sweetheart Mufo. And wash your mouth out with soap before you go to bed yourself. :)

-Blee

How cute, you want me to counter-flame because maybe I'll get banned? Sorry no, you're not the reason I still logged in on the comp at this hour, I wanted to see if Kat was here.

I'll just tell you, I don't care to lose, winning is always fun, duh. Important is to play, not to win. But why would I play if there is no fun? Like I probably wouldn't have any fun here if there were teams like that.. And more people thought that way, no fun, no game for me.

1) Cyp changes something more fair,

2) people think its more fun,

3) people play.

Everyone happy. Even with fair teams you can still win. Anyway, I'm only logged for short and then I have to go to bed, so you don't need to reply and lure me out, I can't flame in my sleep. :bow_arrow:

G'night sweetheart Mufo. And wash your mouth out with soap before you go to bed yourself. :)

-Blee

Say what you like the fact remains YOU BOTHERED YOURE COUSIN TILL HE AGREED TO CHANGE THE RULES TO BETTER SUIT YOU!!!! THE CONTEST WAS MADE AND RULES WERE SET, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU DONT LIKE HOW IT TURNED OUT SO YOU TRY TO HAVE OUR TEAM CHANGED...........I DONT THINK THIS SHOULD BE DONE, IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT ..TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!! THE TEAMS ARE NOT FAIR, BUT THEY WERE NOT ILLEGAL EITHER...I THINK WHAT YOURE DOING IS UN-ETHICAL!!!!! ALMOST LIKE FIXING AND ELECTION

what I think is you should take all this squabbling to pms. Cyprom has put a lot of effort into this contest and all the thanks he gets is his topic filled up with aimless bitching...

The matter of the fact is that this topic was created so Cyprom could try and make it better for EVERYBODY and so that more people would sign up for it.

What you are doing doesn't help anybody one bit!!!

Can i participate, I'm not very strong but I wana have fun, I did a contest like this with Ewol and Loco where it was a princess type of thing. Each team had a princess and a stronghold, and both teams were attempting to infiltrate and kill the princess, (which ironically was me).

Maybe we could do something of this nature, altho not exactly alike, mayb like a capture the flag type of event?

Btw: Blee, Mufo, grow up, yes thats even coming from me, how does it feel having this said to you by the laughing stalk of EL?

i agree with empi, its not about the winning, c'mon theres not even barely any prizes atm, its about haing fun and being on the underdog team can be fun, and even very satisfying simply to do the best job u can even if u lose...and like cyp said its very possible to win this contest, when ur not on the strongest team

~1st

P.S. oh, and redsox, its laughing stock not laughing stalk afaik :(

Well first change you can make for me is taking my name of the list, i don't recall bitching and whining about how unfair it was, maybe next time you should word you post abit more carefully ;)

My apologies. I didn't mean everyone, but I was just so pissed that I put it like that. You will be removed from the list, though I hope you will accept my apology and re-enter.

Say what you like the fact remains YOU BOTHERED YOURE COUSIN TILL HE AGREED TO CHANGE THE RULES TO BETTER SUIT YOU!!!! THE CONTEST WAS MADE AND RULES WERE SET, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU DONT LIKE HOW IT TURNED OUT SO YOU TRY TO HAVE OUR TEAM CHANGED...........I DONT THINK THIS SHOULD BE DONE, IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE IT ..TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!! THE TEAMS ARE NOT FAIR, BUT THEY WERE NOT ILLEGAL EITHER...I THINK WHAT YOURE DOING IS UN-ETHICAL!!!!! ALMOST LIKE FIXING AND ELECTION

Don't overdo it muf... It's true that Blee has complained. But my post clearly states he is not the only one. I have only heard Blee complain once. Then I had dozens of others telling me the same thing. Don't let your personal problems assume that he is the cause of these rules getting changed. I had at least 20 negative PMs after Blee's, before I decided to make this topic.

And I have made my decision. The teams will be changed. I hope this won't cause the problems I think they will cause. That depends on the players who still have to sign up. So 30 people voting for what I'm going to do, only 10 of those can be in the contest atm. So I need more participants!!

-- Cyp

I would have participated if it had fair teams. And it's funny when you say "everyone have their privacy on so i can't make it fair". This is nonsense. I remember the big pk contest 1+ year ago (some char buyers probably don't remember it). It was a mass slaughter and it was fun. And it had balanced teams.

Well first change you can make for me is taking my name of the list, i don't recall bitching and whining about how unfair it was, maybe next time you should word you post abit more carefully :)

My apologies. I didn't mean everyone, but I was just so pissed that I put it like that. You will be removed from the list, though I hope you will accept my apology and re-enter.

Don't overdo it muf... It's true that Blee has complained. But my post clearly states he is not the only one. I have only heard Blee complain once. Then I had dozens of others telling me the same thing. Don't let your personal problems assume that he is the cause of these rules getting changed. I had at least 20 negative PMs after Blee's, before I decided to make this topic.

And I have made my decision. The teams will be changed. I hope this won't cause the problems I think they will cause. That depends on the players who still have to sign up. So 30 people voting for what I'm going to do, only 10 of those can be in the contest atm. So I need more participants!!

-- Cyp

No shit everyone agree's , of course they want to break our team up, who is gonna say NO let them stay together and wipe the floor with us(you're poll is 100% bias)

OK, I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT......Fine make you adjustments , i dont want to spoil youre fun....i wont even hold a grudge..do as you wish .........

Edited by mufossa

Thanks???

Anywayz sorry that I have to change it. But those 5 of you are nothing compared to all those that complained. I'm not doing this out of free will :/

I'll be nice and put you in a different team than Blee :)

-- Cyp

I would have participated if it had fair teams. And it's funny when you say "everyone have their privacy on so i can't make it fair". This is nonsense. I remember the big pk contest 1+ year ago (some char buyers probably don't remember it). It was a mass slaughter and it was fun. And it had balanced teams.

i think it was all out war. and cyprom made that one too. the teams were really balanced. i was 40-45 a/d that time and it was even fun with that levels. i dont remember how did we managed to make the teams balanced though.