Eternal Lands Official Forums
dejan

Crafting discriminated?

Pipers suggestion still stands out as the strongest arguement in this thread. No waste of PP's and still a valid way of proving the person wanting to break into crafting is willing to do a little hard work to start it going.

Did you even read the update from Jan 29 2007? Entropy fixed the crafting skill with that update. ... Crafting is no longer a "a 100% net-loss skill".

That may be true if you "forget" the past and start counting from today. But there's no way I'm EVER going to recover the investment in books/sandpaper/tools/etc from the past year+ with the small profit I can make from this point forward (and yes, I do make most everything myself).

I'm not saying this is bad (I knew the job was dangerous when I took it). But a high level crafter will have spent well over 200Kgc just in books. That's a LOT of debt to make up to turn a net-profit in the skill.

Ghrae, I don't see the point were I said something about crafting being a profitable skills or not. I know if you want to sell stuff you need to do it with a loss, but what has this to do with thread making nexus free? (I don't really care it is 1 arti, because I have 4 already, but I don't get it why people are against it)

You mentioned that higher level crafters would feel threatened. My point is: no they would not.

My other point (as I mentioned already):

If anything, it would be nice to have some skills or subsets of skills that required additional challanges. How many week old newbies can afford at least iron plate? Remember when only a few elitists had that? I'm talking about serious challanges in the game that those who have put the time and effort into it can say "I took that challange!" and not "Well, I was bored and thought 'what the hell' so got to level 20 with some thread"

WHy not roll up your sleaves and make a few vials, their easy and give great exp. I did that and I got like 8 levels in an hour or so, complaining over the fact that your character isent the best at crafting isent worth the time. I believe that all things take time and crafting is just something that takes a bit of time. Crafting is what I consider an advanced skill alongside of summoning and magic. They take more work and money then most other skills. So why not make yourself feal great by knowing that you did something great. If i can say at the end of a period of time playing EL that I gained decent exp in a skill considered great I feal better and that my friends is what makes us all Pr0s.

-Fireheart

WHy not roll up your sleaves and make a few vials, their easy and give great exp. I did that and I got like 8 levels in an hour or so, complaining over the fact that your character isent the best at crafting isent worth the time. I believe that all things take time and crafting is just something that takes a bit of time. Crafting is what I consider an advanced skill alongside of summoning and magic. They take more work and money then most other skills. So why not make yourself feal great by knowing that you did something great. If i can say at the end of a period of time playing EL that I gained decent exp in a skill considered great I feal better and that my friends is what makes us all Pr0s.

-Fireheart

Thank you! Exactly! Let's praise ourselves for stepping up to the challenge instead of asking the challenge be lowered.

While I am not a high level crafter and don't plan on being anytime soon, I find the nexus requirements to be totally acceptable since you can also use them to do manu. I can't use my vegetal nexuses to do anything other than potioning, and summoners can't use their animal nexuses for anything else as far as I'm aware. So spending pick points on Artificial nexuses IS a worthwhile investment, since they give you double duty. If you don't like crafting, you can still do manu and vice versa. Nice to have this flexibility since crafting is one of the more challenging skills to develop.

Llyn;)