Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LilBear

Empty Vials manuable and Mercury from Cinnabar

Ent, I gotta tell you, I love you :pirate: for making it possible to make empty vials now. I admit I've complained before that there are things in the game that seem to make it hard for potioners, and having to always buy vials was one of these things. Now you're making them manuable and fairly easily as long as I get a mold. Thank you so much! This is very, very much appreciated. I also really like that making them will fall under crafting experience.

I also appreciate the cinnabar/mercury update. As someone who is not a fighter and stands no chance at all in PK being able to obtain mercury was either costly, or deathly so far. Now I have an alternative. I haven't even been able to process the other changes because I've been too excited about these too. Once again, thank you. :laugh::):D:w00t:

lilbear

i love making vials now, the carrot is real nice :w00t: .. good craft exp, and i like doing things myself..

about the cinnabar for merc, undecided atm.. 20k on books + an expensive tool to get mercury that i dont use much.. hmm.. ill just buy it from pk'ers :omg:

Just a quick thought: do these new tools break like all the others? If so this will smart!

broke one after 514 vials.. :omg:

well i for one won't be making vials again :w00t:

Just a quick thought: do these new tools break like all the others? If so this will smart!

broke one after 514 vials.. :omg:

well i for one won't be making vials again :w00t:

They are designed to break about 1 in 1K, but of course it can break with the first vial, or with the 5Kth, depending on your luck. The chances might be adjusted in the future, as with everything else.

time for some constructive criticisms :omg:

for 1k vials, you need :

1k fes - 3kgc

2k quartz - 4kgc

200 fp's - 2400gc

1 vial med - 4k?

cost comes to 11-12k.. when you can buy 1k vials from npc for 5k :w00t:

Or you can make/get the ingredients yourself in which case it is free (except for the FPs), and get some exp on the way.

Anyway, I am reducing the food required for them to half.

Okay, thanks for the decision. I think people who like to save gc, and maybe low level potioners will make their own vials. I'll just stick to getting them from npc :w00t: . Nice to see that this could be amended without bitching :omg:

I never expected thst everyone wil make their own vials. Of course, many will still buy from the NPC, and that's what I wanted, this way money gets out of the game.

Just a supplementary question

Can we have a damaged state and get tankel to try and fix the molds as he does for all efe based armours and weapons. It could be that the damaged mold causes more critical failures ie has a crit failure for every failure (instead of the 1/3 rate (or whatever it is :w00t: ))

Thanks

Flinto

Edited by Flinto

uh... one efe to make a mold that will statistically make a thousand vials. Considering FE and EFE as 3 respectively 3k and food cost to be 1.25 per vial (which is all low), the price is 7.25 per vial, if you make them at the quartz mine. This is 2.25 gp for ~30 crafting exp. The other skill 14 crafting item that is available is the polished sapphire @ 60 xp and a break even if you mine sapphire. If you buy the quartzes / sapphs at market price, the equation is turned into a horrible situation for vials.

How to interpret the data, i leave that to the experimentator to emphasize the result he or she desires... However my suggestion is to make vials more attractive experience wise to make them an alternative for crafting XP (like 100 xp base). Granted, all this would have been otherwise before the new NPC when crafting was a big loss whatever you did...

Edited by sithicus

200 fp's - 2400gc

Ekhm better use toadstool and buy few antidote potion its better way

Fe's Are very quick to make and take ingris

I dont see any problems or maybe this VIal mold ..

Thanks Entropy for lowering the food cost. This way, you can make vials with cooked meat which is free if you harvest veggies for it that you sell/trade.

And everyone, please don't complain about something that is OPTIONAL! Entropy himself said he doesn't expect everyone to make vials now, in fact, he likes seeing people buy vials. Please also take into account the experience points you get from making vials, and especially for making one alembic: 1700 pts in manu for making one alembic. Wow! I think that's awesome. I have heard the math about mercury and vials from my guildies too, but I still think it is great we now have these additional options. Sometimes I'll make vials and sometimes I'll buy them, I'm sure. Same for mercury. And from what I hear, mining cinnabar is awesome experience too! :icon13:

Having both Tankel and Heavybeard fix mercury extraction tools and vial molds after they are degraded is a great idea. Critical failures on every fail and an increased fail rate would insure that everyone tried to repair the damaged tool. The right price at for repair compaired with the small chance of success would be another great way to get money out of the game and make people more willing to risk using EFEs to make the items. This would be really great. ;)

TirunCollimdus

Repair in this case will equate to

+1 efe (would have been consumed to make new one)

- x gc (you pay for repair)

- y exp (you would have gained by crafting)

Is this equation correct?

-Darky

I made and used two of the molds. For the first one, I only kept track of vials successfully produced. That one lasted for 231 vials. Yesterday a guildmate explained to me that it isn't just successfully produced items that have a chance of breaking the mold, but all 'uses' including failures. That makes sense, just didn't occur to me. So anyways, the second mold gave me the following results:

vials made: 282

food fails: 24

crit fails: 8

total uses: 314

I may make and use one more just to test it a bit more, but EFE's are a bit too precious to me to be losing them so fast. If I had results around what LilBear had then I might find it more worth the use of an EFE. Absolutely great idea, just not fond of my current results. A degraded state as suggested might make me want to use them more, but Tankel hates me so, maybe not :)

I love the new update and the ability to extract mercury and make vials; I'm only disappointed my expensive and difficult to manu vial mold broke after only 242 vials. :bangwall: IMO the break rate needs some major tweaking.

Edit: Second vial mold broke after 143 vials. 2 efe's is WAY too expensive for 385 vials! :)

Edited by HaDaSSaH

479 vials made before my carrot got eaten by some Mad Rabbit..:P

Pretty expensive veggie..

Jez

I know most of this post has been about the vials but the title is about merc extraction too so thought I would post.

Managed to extract only 108 merc from cinnabar before the alembic broke. One food fail, no crit fails.

Way too few merc to make the cost of the efe and the books a viable proposition.