Eternal Lands Official Forums
jamincollins

Artificer broken?

just an idea...

i reset awhile back, and took arti. perk...i wish to keep it. but it seems that i will not be able to.

if the cape is a rare drop from monster, (unless i missed something) it will be dificult for me to get.

how about giving us an oppertunity to recieve the cape, and enough nexus to use the cape in exchange for the perk being removed. if the person does not want to have the perk, they can sell their cape to someone who does. they will have nexus, and gc for their trouble. i worked hard to get this perk, and it will take a great effort to get it back again.

just an idea

If opinions matter at this point.

I would like the perk to stay as is.

Update the wraith's info etc...

Let those who want their pp's back have them as a one time opportunity and cancel their perk.

Thank You,

Ikaris

Edited by Ikaris

oh. my. god.

:blink::blink:

this is insane, anyone else who doesnt like a perk has an option to reset to get rid of it, thats what reset is there for.

and i absolutely cannot believe people saying 'fraud'

as much as i enjoy the game and as many hours as i spend on here...this is a GAME people a free game at that, not insurance or any other kind of advertising...a game.

and since im a momma i can say it....when my kids get this frustrated over a game, it is taken away from them for awhile until they can settle down and act their age.

it was a simple mistake in saying what the chance was in the description, nothing more than that.

instead of shouting 'fraud, fraud, omg i've been frauded'

how about....

thank you for the apology ent, and the offer to correct the typo and thank you all the dev's and mods for the time and effort you have spent to keep my internet-addicted butt entertained...?

and before anyone thinks im 'picking' on them for being an i-addict, let me tell you, i work on computers all day and come home and play while im doing housework or whatnot, so im right there in the lump of addicts :icon13:

just on a side note...i have had excellent luck with the arti perk, i have had it since i started playing the game, i have made probably hundreds of thousands of fe's and had great results in efe's, all i ever really heard was 'a higher chance' and that was enough for me to spend the pp on it.

oh. my. god.

:blink::blink:

this is insane, anyone else who doesnt like a perk has an option to reset to get rid of it, thats what reset is there for.

and i absolutely cannot believe people saying 'fraud'

as much as i enjoy the game and as many hours as i spend on here...this is a GAME people a free game at that, not insurance or any other kind of advertising...a game.

and since im a momma i can say it....when my kids get this frustrated over a game, it is taken away from them for awhile until they can settle down and act their age.

it was a simple mistake in saying what the chance was in the description, nothing more than that.

instead of shouting 'fraud, fraud, omg i've been frauded'

how about....

thank you for the apology ent, and the offer to correct the typo and thank you all the dev's and mods for the time and effort you have spent to keep my internet-addicted butt entertained...?

and before anyone thinks im 'picking' on them for being an i-addict, let me tell you, i work on computers all day and come home and play while im doing housework or whatnot, so im right there in the lump of addicts :icon13:

just on a side note...i have had excellent luck with the arti perk, i have had it since i started playing the game, i have made probably hundreds of thousands of fe's and had great results in efe's, all i ever really heard was 'a higher chance' and that was enough for me to spend the pp on it.

Totally agree LaNora. lets just hope people have learned from this ( which knowing human nature they wont have ) and I also hope it doesnt start the trend of people thinking " If we moan enough Ent will change the game to suit us ".

Anyway, since it seems that there are people that really like this perk, I decided to implement the cape in a few weeks (it will require human nexus 10, and will be relatively rare, as a monster drop). I also hope that the fighters that will get the drops will NOT sell it to the people who bitched on this thread.

I've been kind of a selective reader, could someone make a list of who's been bitching here? :icon13: If I get one of those capes I will make sure not to sell to those people.

Or just let them pay double the normal price, that sounds good enough too. ;p

-Blee

how about giving us an oppertunity to recieve the cape, and enough nexus to use the cape in exchange for the perk being removed. if the person does not want to have the perk, they can sell their cape to someone who does. they will have nexus, and gc for their trouble.

Not a bad idea but if the cloak is given to everyone then even the people who wanted the perk removed will have a cloak + the PP's << bit unfair

maybe the option is to leave the perk ingame but drop its pp.cost and make it a pre-requiste for using the cloak.

ie:

perk = 2 pp but doesnt do anything on its own ( people recieve 5 pp back if perk already taken, losing 2 pp but them's the breaks call it the cost of benefitting from the perk while they had it )

cloak = is on sale at npc for price say 10k but only works with a high nexus , human,art whatever.

Then those who want the perk will buy the cloak and use there returned 5pp to up there nexus to required level. Those that dont have lost 2 pp but have got 5 back .

Just suggestion . totally up to Ent and dont want ppl to start complaining so we lose the cape before we even get it

:icon13:

stuff

Not only that but I'm sure a few people would create a few alts to get artificer just to get the cape in the long term. It will not be rare anymore!

Edited by MagpieLee

Well, some people think that the fighters, as many of them already have a high human nexus, will invest 3 more PPs to be able to wear that cape. But I don't think that will be the case, at least not for the top fighters. For them, 3 'wasted' pickpoints is a lot, and they would rather invest them in phy/co or some other perk for figthers. On the other hand, most manufacturers/crafters/alchemists/etc. already have a human nexus of around 4 or so, and for them investing 6 PPs for the cape might be worth it (or not, depending on their view of this perk). Similarly, the people getting 10 human nexus for the cape are not likely to go fight much, and even if they do, that means they will be able to wear some high level armors and weapons, which is overall good for the market, and won't take any advantage away from the fighters (a manufacturer with 10 human won't be able to kill a fighter with 7 human).

I think that if a fighter has 3 PP to spend, they would rather invest them so that they can harvest titanium.

I already suggested here to make the cape require both human and artificial nexuses. I suggested 7 human and 7 artificial, for a total of 14 ppts (double the ppts needed for the perk), but based on that, I think the requirement might need to be a little higher - maybe 8 human and 8 or 9 artificial nexuses, but not human nexus 10 alone. Human nexus 10 would only serve fighters, as they would require to raise their human nexus to 10 anyway for future weapons and armor items.

On the other hand, assuming the average manufacturer has a human nexus of 4, and he would be required to raise it to 10 (spend 6 more ppts), as well as pay a lot of money to buy that cape from a fighter (lets face it - they would probably be the only ones to get it), and that is only to get the perk when and if he has the cloak on, I think many players would just start to ask to bring the perk back. I know I would prefer to spend 7 ppts and 2000gc on that perk and have it on all the time, than to spend 6 ppts and a lot of money, and only have it part of the time...

hmmmm, controvertial topic eh? mayb this will help /make it worse o.0

The other day I made 2 efe's in less than 50 fe, and 1 ele in less than 200 le all in about an hour span, and I don't have artificer perk :blink:

Edit: Just want everybody to know that BoC trade Bot Oyster has those efe's and that ele for sale at very reasonable prices :icon13:

Edited by redsoxlovr10

The other day I made 2 efe's in less than 50 fe, and 1 ele in less than 200 le all in about an hour span, and I don't have artificer perk :icon13:

Its all down to luck at the end of the day, people failed to realise taking the arti perk didnt guarantee Enhanced items it just improved your luck by a little bit but it was still all down to luck (which is how it should be . random)

sorry to swear but im f'in devestated. Artificer perk was brilliant. Im going to miss it so much. ARGHHGHGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

#edit: removed more swearing

Edited by Ateh

does this mean if enough of us complain about jamincollins he will be removed from the game as well?

sorry i had to say it.

and god man seriousy, thanks for the work put into EL its an amazing game !!!!!!!

p.s bleeding soul can i order the first artificer cape you find please? i'll pay richly

( i can afford to pay ok money because i have previously made SO MANY ENRICHED ESSENCES thanks to the artificer perk OMFG ** cries ** )

#edit i agree with quim , pink cape but i also think it should renamed the cape of Jcollins in memory of this tragic topic

R.I.P artificer perk , you will be missed

Edited by Ateh

#edit i agree with quim , pink cape but i also think it should renamed the cape of Jcollins in memory of this tragic topic

ROFL :icon13:

now this is over and done with bye bye perk :icon13:

Maybe Ent could arrange a competion to design the cape . winner gets a free one

now this is over and done with bye bye perk :icon13:

Maybe Ent could arrange a competion to design the cape . winner gets a free one

There will be no design, we will use the blue/gray cape since it's there anyway.

Here is the list of people that complained:

jamincollins

Barandur

ttlanhil

Shea

firevalor

Grumbles :icon13:

Well ... could you make these folks PK'able for a month or so as punishment for destroying a well loved perk...