Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnTheWarder

Wizard's Axe

Wizard's Axe

Appearance: Tit Axe with green thermal glow.

How to obtain: Only found through rare phantom warrior drops or by crafting.

Stats: +30% more damage with harm, reduce mana usage by 20%, then for the rest of the stats I want it not to cause any extra melee damage but give enough protection for a even or even a little less then even fight. Has a cooldown when you unequip. The axe deals damage in magic damage.

This way people who have magic levels will be able to fight with magic alone.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

i like the idea but dont like the stats.

perhaps a Wizard's shield: defense +15, unable to attack with melee weapons, +30% damage with Harm/Mana drain. Effective even when enemies have Magic Immunity

This shield would have some sort of a cooldown so that others cant just go around switching weapons

i like the idea but dont like the stats.

perhaps a Wizard's shield: defense +15, unable to attack with melee weapons, +30% damage with Harm/Mana drain. Effective even when enemies have Magic Immunity

This shield would have some sort of a cooldown so that others cant just go around switching weapons

Ok I tweaked that stats, I can't decide if negated magic immunity on the other person would be to harsh but some sort of workaround has to be developed.

The axe is an ok Idea, but the Wizards shield has great potential! I mean we have all these special swords, therm serp, magic long ect. Why not have a shield specially shaped with a glow to it. Have it as a very rare drop tho, and anything can drop it, but the weaker the creature the less chance to get a drop with it. And I mean extremly low chance for drops.

The axe is an ok Idea, but the Wizards shield has great potential! I mean we have all these special swords, therm serp, magic long ect. Why not have a shield specially shaped with a glow to it. Have it as a very rare drop tho, and anything can drop it, but the weaker the creature the less chance to get a drop with it. And I mean extremly low chance for drops.

That really wouldn't make sense if a rabbit dropped a shield or an axe... I am I forgetting something? Alot of people wanted to be mages so I thought they would like this.

And yet they have a rare chance of dropping books? Same thing with this shield, EXTREMLY RARE CHANCE, meaning there might be a drop from a lower lv creature maybe once every few months.

I Like the Idea, maybe a whole set of Mage Items? Mage Helm, Mage Robes Etc, etc. I love the Idea about the Mage Shield, but I think maybe the Dragon should drop it? Then its valuable and hard to obtain.

The shield would be really cool. The idea about having a set of mage items is awesome. But I dont think just the dragon should drop it, maybe a few lower level monsters like chims and gaints?

but I think maybe the Dragon should drop it? Then its valuable and hard to obtain.

No, because that would mean high lvl fighters would be only getting it. I suggested phantoms because you got to use magic to kill them so mages would be getting the drops (not a common drop though.) I also suggested crafting cause it's not meant for striking only def and enchanted.( This doesn't really matter though.)

nice to see someone work on providing something for magic users.

but what is realy needed is for some way to make money while training magic.

with the ability to turn summonings into "items" even summoners have some way to make money on their main skill. magic users do not...

that require the caster to be what level?

and it not only requires magic skill, but alchemy skill as well...

btw, thats another problem with magic, its the only skill that still require the skill to be at level x before you can even attempt something.

all in all the magic skill is a anachronism...

[/img]C:\Documents and Settings\Choneis\Desktop\EL-Work\200px-Axes01.Bmp[/img]

Maybe this can help i'm thinking the big one ;)

Whats happening? I can not post the picture

Edited by deneochris

if it's on your computer, we won't be able to see it, will we? you need to copy it to a picture host like imageshack or photobucket

Ok I have a good idea, how about all the aforesaid effects but it also deals normal axe damage but not in physical damage but in magic damage? Weapons like this would give bronze armor a good usage.

the only problem with all of this mage equipment is most high level Pkers also have the highest magic level i see it as another bonus for the high level PKers +30% harm or life drain with one of these guys with 50+ magic would take out 70+ health each time they did it it just seems more like another benifit for the PK people

the only problem with all of this mage equipment is most high level Pkers also have the highest magic level i see it as another bonus for the high level PKers +30% harm or life drain with one of these guys with 50+ magic would take out 70+ health each time they did it it just seems more like another benifit for the PK people

Well I mean either way the high lvl pker will always win, with this suggested item or not. This just give an opportunity for high magic with lower a/d.

then what would happen when the fighter mage finaly reached a higher a/d level all his equipment would be usuless then? that doesnt sound fair either

Think of required nexus and attribute levels as restrictions, rather than skill levels. The latter creep up over time, and don't say anything about your character's intent, just persistence.

Nexus and attributes require a definite choice by the player in how their character is going to develop, spending valuable pick points. This is a rather nice and elegant system.

So use nexus or attribute requirements to make a character declare that they are serious mages, and deserve the paraphernalia of the profession.

But besides all that...

why on
earth
draia would an axe be considered a wizardly weapon?

It has to be the most un-wizardly weapon in the field (nearly).

If mages are to be feared on the battlefield, the last thing they should do is engage in hand-to-hand combat with the Conan-ites. The solution can only lie in their use of magic to make themselves unreachable and deadly from afar. If the only way to make them feared on the battlefield is to give them big weapons, then whats the point of being a magic-user?