Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hardrocker

Tele-transport magic.

Are you sick of wandering all over the map, just to get to a place?

What about tele-transporting?

Here is some onfo about it:

Required magic level needed: 27

Sigils needed: Air sigil and tele sigil

Experience: 5

If you transport you will be placed inside a tavern

You cannot teleport to or from a PK map.

To transport you'd have to visit the place before.

Too complicated - the server doesn't know where you have been. (Of course if my proposed mapping skill was implemented it would . . . .)

I'm thinking of a slightly less complicated teleport spell that would fit in with the future real estate purchases or guild hall implementation.

One spell would be "designate home" and would set the destination for the other spell "teleport home". One "designate home" would last forever until a new home was designated by casting the spell again.

Of course, alternatively one's home and guild hall would be already known to the server so spells such as "teleport home" and "teleport to guild hall" wouldn't need a "designate home" spell.

well there is a "Teleport To The Portals Room" spell that transports you to a special map where you can enter a portal to be teleported to many of the maps in the world.

personaly i would be more interested in teleport party or remote teleport spells of the current variations that we have today. teleport party would teleprot your entire party (whenever that becomes a option in the game) and remote teleport would be just like the ones today but similar to remote heal they would beable to target other people. like say you are ietehr given the seences to teleport someone or some gold and you then teleport the person to the teleport map so that he can get to wherever he wants for there...

in fact haveing more spells that are able to be remote (like say remote shield, remote magic imunity,remote magic protection, remote restoration) would make being a magican more interesting as they where suppose to be support people (or atleast i think that was what entropy had planed)...

lol duran, a remote teleport spell would be evil :) Just enter a PK map while a contest is running and teleport all those heavy *CO* fighters away so you can be alone with your prey :twisted:

A bit of tweaking would help, but I like your ideas.

all teleport spell are very limited in the PK maps i think. most likely the spellwould require an agreement from the person being teleported before it takes effect...