Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SquE

char resetting

As many times as you like.

I would rather say as many times as u have too :o

I did reset at oa 60. 62, 148 :) and i plan to reset again ( at~110 )

Reset is great thing altrought u freely agree to loose all ur oa exp ;X

eMPi

As many times as you like.

I would rather say as many times as u have too :o

I did reset at oa 60. 62, 148 :) and i plan to reset again ( at~110 )

Reset is great thing altrought u freely agree to loose all ur oa exp ;X

eMPi

People will always keep using PP's to get that little bit stronger than there enemys, at some point everyone resets, weither its at 40 oa, 90, 130, everyone does it, to get max exp. (If your a fighter, thats fluff/feros).

- LiquiD.

And the command "reset" resets all nexuses, basic attributes (=cross attributes) and the overalllvl?

Nothing more?

Like the knowledge or smth?

Just remember that #reset resets everything pickpoint related, and nothing else*.

You'll reset to initial values:

- attributes (back to 4)**

- nexuses (back to 0)

- perks (all gone)

- overall level/exp (back to 0)

- pickpoints (back to 0)***

And to stress it once again, #reset is not bad as in "you'll lose the 5 free pickpoints you get in the beginning" -- that statement is simply not true; those 5 pickpoints are from the 5 oa levels you get when you start your character (they come with the 3 a/d levels you get to be able to kill your first rabbit).

* Quests, gods, skills, inventory, storage, sigils, knowledge, ... remain untouched, since it's all not pickpoint related.

** Of course, with the attributes go also the derived stats: cross attributes, emu, material points, ethereal points.

*** Just to be clear: you won't "get pickpoints back to redistribute" or something.

(Did I miss anything? :))

Edited by Mar(c)

Resetting does cost you future pick points; ask yourself the following question:

When you get back to your pre-OA level, what would your OA have been if you had not reset?

For resetting between OA 20 40-100, this is equivalent to 10 levels or 10 pick points. So you have to decide whether the benefits of the reset are worth this cost.

Just rechecked the calculation (xp required for OA level, OA level at twice this experience, difference is the pick points that the reset cost):

• OA 10 costs 2PP
  • OA 20 costs 3PP
  • OA 30 costs 5PP
  • OA 40-80 costs 10PP
  • OA 90-150 costs 14PP.

Edited by trollson

Resetting does cost you future pick points; ask yourself the following question:

When you get back to your pre-OA level, what would your OA have been if you had not reset?

For resetting between OA 20-100, this is equivalent to 10 levels or 10 pick points. So you have to decide whether the benefits of the reset are worth this cost.

Not always true, if you took a wrong nexus, or more phys/cord then you needed, or a wrong perk, you may have to reset, weither you want the extra PP from leveling back again or not.

For resetting between OA 20 40-100, this is equivalent to 10 levels or 10 pick points. So you have to decide whether the benefits of the reset are worth this cost.
Not always true,...
What I wrote is always true; what you describe are possible benefits; it is up to the player to weigh these against the effective loss. Edited by trollson

Reset is also needed when u dont have fun with ur current character build. A thought that i wasted 10 pps was making me crazy, so i took negs, made some money and reseted. Now when i reset again and redistribute my pickpoints better i will have 17 more for p/c :>

At very high oa, when each lvl is 20m + and getting bigger, making those 17 pps (so 17 more lvls)can take almost as long as chararacter reset and making previous p/c :)

eMPi

No one is expected to make their character efficient the first time round. You can even take monster magnetism perk, godless, etc as a beginner to make your life easier, then lose the perks through a reset at aroud a/d 26.

Many strategies!

I started out piling on the neg. perks and Will attribute. That way I could travel to buy books (MM perk) and read them quickly.

I just reset at about 35 OA and the only perk I took was Fast Regen. Now I can do some gods and spend points on nexii. If I don't like the result, reset again.

The best part is levelling in less than 5 minutes for a while! :icon13: