Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Komiyan

Fighter Character - looking for opinions

The fact that someone's attack is same with def doesnt mean that its bad. If u have high attack u dont need to add coords to score hits. So low might means that u kill the monster slower. Its much much better to have high attack and low coords for maximum exp. Espessialy with -19 attack.

I also dissagree that high coords are good. In some cases high coords are much worst than physique for exp.

Also by adding a lot of coords it doesnt mean that u ll be able to avoid hits. With accurasy pots, high attack and a cutlass u can hit anybody.

Of course i am talking about players with similar levels.If someone is 30 a/d more than you and he has double coords from you things are different.

Edited by agis29

I recommend will 8 and vitality 16 for a pure fighter.

Will 20 for a fighter/artisan.

Why?

Rationality.

rat works like this:

1 extra harv exp per 1 rat.

1 extra mix exp per 2 rat. (the even numbers)

1 extra a/d exp per 3 rat.

So the only way to not be wasting pp's is to have your rationality at an even number that is divisible by 3, such as rat:6 or rat:12.

reasoning:4 and will:8 = rat:6

reasoning:4 and will:20 = rat:12

Usually it costs 6 pp's on will to get 1 extra a/d exp, 6 pp's isn't worth 1 extra a/d exp per hit/dodge. Just after #reset is the only time u can spend just 4 pp's and get that 1 extra a/d exp, and thats the only time its worth it imo.

i recommend 16 vit for pure fighters cause u can use your toughness to reduce damage rather than expensive armor; means u can use cheaper armor and it wont take u as much time to replace it when it breaks = more time training.

Vitality also is the only thing that will reduce the damage of critical hits. This makes it make up for the health lose of not having Will.

Just my well thought through, vigorously tested and mathematically correct opinion. :)

Edited by Korrode

I recommend will 8 and vitality 16 for a pure fighter.

Will 20 for a fighter/artisan.

Just my well thought through, vigorously tested and mathematically correct opinion. :)

I disagree, for fighters is will 20 better, even for pure fighters

and little advice for "pure" fighters ... dont hear mp's and chosens (w/e he is) advices, bc they talking *censored*

well then we disagree :)

I've given reason for my system, why it allows you to spend more time out training due to less time spent replacing expensive armors... whats your reason for recommending pure fighters spend 12 pp's to only get 2 extra exp per hit/dodge?

well then we disagree :)

I've given reason for my system, why it allows you to spend more time out training due to less time spent replacing expensive armors... whats your reason for recommending pure fighters spend 12 pp's to only get 2 extra exp per hit/dodge?

bc its better to have +30 HP than +4 armor for fighters with low phys (under 48, what have most todays fighters), you're right with exp, 10M exp (on my lvl) is nothing.

bc its better to have +30 HP than +4 armor for fighters with low phys (under 48, what have most todays fighters), you're right with exp, 10M exp (on my lvl) is nothing.
As long as your wearing enough armor so that only critical hits and critical damage take health off you, then the extra toughness is well worth it. Especially against the critical hits (not as much of a benefit against the critical damage, but still some), because its not "Armor", its "Toughness". The reduced damage on critical hits (when your only taking damage from crit hit and crit damage) makes up for the less health. It equates to being the same or better when you train on clops or feros or chims... and like i said; you can wear crapper armor, less time out replacing your tens of thousands of gc worth of steel or Ti plate, and more time spent fighting. That also adds alot to the overall a/d exp gain for your play time.

Its maybe debatable with fluffys, but there is no question (not in my mind anyway, based on my first hand tests) that Vitality is better than Will against clops, feros, chims and no doubt yetis.

Edited by Korrode

Its maybe debatable with fluffys, but there is no question (not in my mind anyway, based on my first hand tests) that Vitality is better than Will against clops, feros, chims and no doubt yetis.

No doubt yetis? Have you ever killed a yeti? Have you killed a yeti recently (after their latest (coord?) boost)?

I've killed 35,000 of these things, and am still on the fence as to which is better between vitality or will. I'm not going to weigh in as to which is better, because quite simply, I don't know. With that said, once you're up to creatures like yeti, I'd imagine you'll find that 16 vitality is nowhere near enough toughness to absorb all non-critical damage (yes, even in the expensive armor). Whether it is better to take less damage per hit, or have more material points to withstand more hits per restore would most likely depend on an individual character build, rather than some universal truth to fighting.

People will undoubtedly (fundamentally) disagree on this issue. This is not necessarily because one side is right or wrong, but rather, because there is no universally applicable solution. If your goals are long-term, it may not make sense to perfect your character build for what you're now fighting, and run into trouble when you reach the next monster, or decide to PK, etc.

and little advice for "pure" fighters ... dont hear mp's and chosens (w/e he is) advices, bc they talking *censored*

Every1 can do whatever they want, in eL u can choose atributes u want, so best character build for u might not be best for other person( who for example likes to get more exp and doesnt mind to break more stuff( so will choose pure coord+ some vit) or if some1 doesnt like to spent gc on srs/he's/armors he will take full phys build, of coz it will give low exp but its always a trade off=]

mp

No doubt yetis? Have you ever killed a yeti? Have you killed a yeti recently (after their latest (coord?) boost)?

you'll find that 16 vitality is nowhere near enough toughness to absorb all non-critical damage

Firstly, yes i've killed yetis.

Secondly, i never said dont take any phys :) i realise more toughness than whats given by 16 vit is needed.

Your right Asgnny, i'm not a yeti trainer, i wont speculate on them anymore.

But what i said about clops/fero/chims (well, d.chim) stands.

I have question too. Im not exactly training(potioning/manu) right now but i have 38/42/10/30/6/6 a/d/p/c/w/v and when i get to cord 40 i can take male orcs with fist. Now at what a/d/p/c/w/v would it be all right for me to move up to ogres?

I have question too. Im not exactly training(potioning/manu) right now but i have 38/42/10/30/6/6 a/d/p/c/w/v and when i get to cord 40 i can take male orcs with fist. Now at what a/d/p/c/w/v would it be all right for me to move up to ogres?

i started training on ogres at like 39/37/24/40's a/d/p/c with full tit/col and barehanded, i always hit it but had hard time to dodge them, so i only get attack xp but then after some attack lvls and some oas ( coz i got attack/oa very fast ) i raised my coord to 52 and could dodge like 9/10 hits and hit every time and when i reset, i had like 45/40 a/d :D

Everything depends from what u want to do and from your equipment.

If u want good exp a good build for 90-120 a/d is this:

1)Will 20-28

2)Maximum physique 34 + some pps to vitality

3)Maximum coords 48

The good news is that u can get from 300-370 k per hour on fluffies. More than 300k per hour from feros without ts pots even at 110 a/d. Even dc give good exp this way after 110 def.

But 1) Many cols-armour broken and training will be more expensive

2) Weak in pk untill you reach 120 a/d and add the pps u have left.

If you plan to reset even evanesence perk and some pps to instict are fine.

Polar bears are better OA exp, than Ogres. :P

both give similar attack exp, but ogres give more defence, you need a bit more physique (toughness) i think for polars than you need for ogres

EDIT: polars just give less defence exp but both give similar attack experience. I get ~50 every round per hit on ogres/polars with 55 attack - ~80 every round if i dodge ogres hit with 55 defence, ~55 for polars

i train on polars for the simple fact that polars are way better to look at than the ugly male ogres (plus they also stink) :confused:

Edited by Takeru

p40

c64

w16

v4

Im thinking for remove some PP from Phis and put it to Vital,like ,take off 8pp

And give it to vital up to 16

What ya all think?

then i will be

p32

w16

v16

c64

p40

c64

w16

v4

Im thinking for remove some PP from Phis and put it to Vital,like ,take off 8pp

And give it to vital up to 16

What ya all think?

then i will be

p32

w16

v16

c64

better remove 8 coord and get that vitality :P

Hi all,

I have a doubt about this stuff so is good all the experts are here: :P

Are Crit to Hit and Crit to Damage really two kind of criticals or two parameters of the only one critical type (chances to do the critical (CtH) and damage of that critical (CtD))?

Thanking very much in advance,

Leriam.

Hi all,

I have a doubt about this stuff so is good all the experts are here: :laugh:

Are Crit to Hit and Crit to Damage really two kind of criticals or two parameters of the only one critical type (chances to do the critical (CtH) and damage of that critical (CtD))?

Leriam.

I actually got to see some really good tests in relation to this the other day,

I'm quite sure that they are 2 completely different kinds of hit.

I believe critical damage is a hit that is simply very high damage, your armor does still absorb some of the damage, theres just a lot more than usual.

I believe critical hit is a hit that does the same damage as a normal hit, but your armor is irrelevant, its like taking a normal hit as though your wearing no armor at all.

I'm certainly very interested to hear other peoples thoughts and if they agree with me.

Hi all,

Leriam.

I believe critical damage is a hit that is simply very high damage, your armor does still absorb some of the damage, theres just a lot more than usual.

I believe critical hit is a hit that does the same damage as a normal hit, but your armor is irrelevant, its like taking a normal hit as though your wearing no armor at all.

I'm certainly very interested to hear other peoples thoughts and if they agree with me.

Yeah, should be like that.

Hi all,

Leriam.

Yeah, should be like that.

yes critical to hit and to damage are 2 complete differente things, but there's a simpler way to see it :

critical to hit : allows u to hit ur opponent regardless of his a/d/p/c

critical to damage : maximum damage u can do with ur current weapon regardless of armor.

correct me if i am wrong tho :)