Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Komiyan

Fighter Character - looking for opinions

I'm a/d/p/c 83/80/38/34 and I have served attack god since just about the beginning of this character. It has served me very well but now I am at that border of cyclops to fluffies and I get way more attack exp now than defense. So I am considering leaving this god and getting defense god. Point being, you CAN switch when it's appropriate, so there is no one "right" god. What's "right" changes.

i wanna do 10 000 times attack god to get 200 million attack/oa xp but i estimated cost to 153 million gc with rise of price of iron sword (200ea instead of 150 ea.. i need 400k so 400k*50 is 20 million gc raise ;X) (50 gc on sword cost total 153 million instead of 133 :P

tk.

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

I'm a/d/p/c 83/80/38/34 and I have served attack god since just about the beginning of this character. It has served me very well but now I am at that border of cyclops to fluffies and I get way more attack exp now than defense. So I am considering leaving this god and getting defense god. Point being, you CAN switch when it's appropriate, so there is no one "right" god. What's "right" changes.

i wanna do 10 000 times attack god to get 200 million attack/oa xp but i estimated cost to 153 million gc with rise of price of iron sword (200ea instead of 150 ea.. i need 400k so 400k*50 is 20 million gc raise ;X) (50 gc on sword cost total 153 million instead of 133 :whistle:

tk.

LoL :D prO. But by the time you got all swords, you could have got the exp ^^

train for 10,000 hours and you might be close :-)

it will simply take A LOT of time

Or just Buy a Pre levelled character... Max out mums/dads/hubbies/wifes credit card by buying all the expensive swords and armour... and a few million gc (so you can buy all your HE, AE, pots etc). Then lean back in your chair...put your feet up on the desk...and say.."What a pr0 I am ! " :whistle:

Guest BizieR

train for 10,000 hours and you might be close :-)

it will simply take A LOT of time

Or just Buy a Pre levelled character... Max out mums/dads/hubbies/wifes credit card by buying all the expensive swords and armour... and a few million gc (so you can buy all your HE, AE, pots etc). Then lean back in your chair...put your feet up on the desk...and say.."What a pr0 I am ! " :P

:D:laugh:

lvl alot and pk a bit :laugh:

if ur seen at pk maps ppl will say ur an ebul pk'er :D

lol *looks at hardcore* :P

Also note, just about all of that a/d leveling was on creatures, not pvp, so I am only speaking from a creature fighting experience.

Oh so good choice. I wouldn't swap to the defense god really, like this your attack will stay up at a good rate, if you're going to switch to defense, it'll blast way ahead over your attack.

Defense god is best when you do pvp, but since you only trained creatures, I'd say just stick to the attack.

And this is what Puna learned me, he may not have been the smartest guy in the world, but I always took this advice to be true and sticked to it.

High attack makes a damn good hit, but low attack does crappy shit. - Puna

Bless the days where I hit 47-48 with my good ol' serp. (No BP or stars med) :ph34r::hehe::):)

-Blee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe attack and defense numbers only affect the likelihood of hitting or avoiding a hit. What causes damage is a combination of your might and the weapon you're using. Conversely, what determines the amount of damage you take is a combination of your toughness and the armor you're wearing.

Feel free to rebut if you think I've got it wrong.

Your attack affects damage too. You think somone with 3 att hits just as hard as someone with 100 attack barehanded if they have the same might?

Actually, I do think that Atlantis.

While training on ogres, I raised my a/d over 20 levels each. I never increased phys or coord, and always finished them in about 15 hits. No matter how much higher my a/d got, I didn't finish em any faster. Once I added the 24 PPs to p/c that I had stored over that time, then I finished em in like half the hits.

Attack lvl increases ur dmg, but only a little, so attack 10 and attack 100 is realtively big difference, but attack 90 and attack 99 with same p/c is probably 1-2 max dmg more depending on creature u fight.

So both Atlantis and Hex r right, kinda.

i rembmer than my max dmg on desert chims with p44c60 was like 20 from 107 to 119 attack lvl, at lvl 120 it increased by 1 dmg.

eMPi

Guest BizieR

I got a question about anti and godless perks. Of course gods are good for training but pk'ers would want more pp's to put into p/c, so my question is when should they take godless perk if ever in your opinion? and when do you make enough gc from fighting to take anti?

Edited by BizieR

IMO dont take godless ever. Gods give the more xp benefit for training but they also give blessings which can make teh biggest difference in pk. As for making gc's from training monsters, yetis+ will give you the most gc as long as you can kill them without using much supplies. The more armor yetis break and the more HEs/SRs you use the less profit you will make. Anti is rly no big deal aslong as you have some other skill to make ur gc's. If you want to make gc's "fast" from fighting then yeti is your best bet.

Guest BizieR

Okay, thanks for your opinion. I guess that elimintes any chances of me giving up aluwen and unolas for extra pp's. Atm i train on female orcs with high 40's defence and i have 5 human nexus and 2 inorganic nexuses and i also have power hungry and antisocial perk. I guess i've taken anti a little early but it okay since im self sufficient in training, in that i can make my own health essences and i can just mix my own mana potions while training. So i guess any drops i get is enough gc for me minus armor breakage failing that i have a strong pickaxe arm :):unsure:

Does the defense lvl have anything to do with the damage you receive? Or it just helps you avoid hits, like in the case of coordination? :lipssealed:

Dunno, probably only more blocks/less criticals, and if less max dmg than difference is very small, maybe 1-2 less dmg for each 10 def lvls .

Still high def is very good for training, it gives u more comfort, so same as phys/coord, but doesnt give u might so u still can make decent exp :w00t:

If u wanna receive less max dmg just raise ur toughness( phys and/or vitality).

eMPi

Am I gonna run into problems with the gap between my a/d (76/81 a/d) levels or will the level out with time? Right now I serve attack/magic gods.

It depends really on your ph/co/wi. But it will stay about the same, I'm guessing you'll get to about 90/92-5, maybe a bit lower def.

Am I gonna run into problems with the gap between my a/d (76/81 a/d) levels or will the level out with time? Right now I serve attack/magic gods.

look at MP, he has more a/d gap then u have total exp in a + d :D

so np, if u dont train fluffys for ur whole EL life with def god your a/d gap will fill up automatically :)

get a nmt cape, tit set, and crown of life and only add coordination and u will get to fluffy at mx speed (maybe 6 months). physique is worthless now that weapons and armor are so strong and + accuracied

Imho big diff between attack and def allows u to make more exp on mobs, i remember i had a75d90 and p30c54 on fluff and i got 35k oa exp per each fluffy, around 300k/h in junk armors( only human3 armors coz i broke stuff like crazy;p).

If u get bigger attack lvl u get less exp per hit( not that bad) but u also kill mobs way faster( even tho max dmg doesnt increase that much), so less exp per each mob so less exp/hour, its very feelable at mobs with long respawn, if u have to train on a single spawn.

To decrease the effect of big attack u can: use armors that gives - to accuracy( so iron/steel pl8, steel shield) and use uni med instead of moon( altho uni med will make u break more stuff) and ts urself of coz, its best solution =]

mp

Well, when I was on fluffy, I started at, hmm, I think 75/88/36/56, but my problem was I kept adding my pp. And I added way too much phys (52) and I couldn't train, I made maybe 2k per fluffy, after I got some levels(90s) I made 2k exp on chims, and I could kill Yeti with some restore(~5), so I reset, took 40/28/8/16 p/c/w/v, and made something like 10k per. Then I sold my char. From my experioence, at some point, you'll reset on Fluffy, because 32/52 or so, is too high, and you'll be loosing exp.

Thanks for all the responses and info guys, great help. :) right now im at 76/82/28/52/20 a/d/p/c/v I am getting about 200k exp/ hr on cycs with iron greaves, leather pants, moon med, CoL, and steel chain, NMT and no weapon and get about equal a/d exp at about 50k each every half hour. So far I have found this to be the best combo. When I wore Uni med I was getting alot less attack exp then defense and taking more damage but find that the +4 accuracy and Armor from Moon Med are great right now for cycs. I hope this info may come in useful for anyone else that ay be at my level or approaching it.

Hm... well, I'm in a similar situation - atm 26a/27d/20p/20c/10w (Yep, very high p/c for only 32 OA) and I've taken godless and I can't dance neg perks, with no positive perks. Nexuses are 2 inorg, 4 human and none others.

Should I keep with this and train on male gobs like I'm doing now or should I reset and max out will and coord? I was thinking of putting my next 10 pps in will and then just carry on training up to around 26p/40c - by then hopefully I should be able to handle all manner of mid-range mobs by then. Maybe get a bit of mirror skin or bp perks on the way up.

i got 24/40/16 p/c/w at oa 37 :cry:

Thanks for all the responses and info guys, great help. :) right now im at 76/82/28/52/20 a/d/p/c/v I am getting about 200k exp/ hr on cycs with iron greaves, leather pants, moon med, CoL, and steel chain, NMT and no weapon and get about equal a/d exp at about 50k each every half hour. So far I have found this to be the best combo. When I wore Uni med I was getting alot less attack exp then defense and taking more damage but find that the +4 accuracy and Armor from Moon Med are great right now for cycs. I hope this info may come in useful for anyone else that ay be at my level or approaching it.

if u got some gc, take tit plate/steel greaves and greaves and go train on fluff with bone/iron sword ^^

if u got some gc, take tit plate/steel greaves and greaves and go train on fluff with bone/iron sword ^^

No, don't. Even if you've got GC, its still not worth it, when your making nice exp on Cycs, and not wearing anything expensive. (COL, but they can be replaced np). Just stick to what your doing, Fluffys will come soon for you, just wait, and trust me, once you get to them, they're fun for about 2 weeks, then you kill like 30K, and they get boring. :cry: