Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Komiyan

Fighter Character - looking for opinions

My evil Drow character here is a master at double-sword slicing and sensing danger in any environment, but has no idea how to become a mighty killer of Fluff and Stuff in EL!

I'm currently at 18/18/18/14 (a/d/p/c) and bash away at anything from rabbits to wolves without armor or weapons. This is my first character to use fighting as the main skill and although I know EL well, I'm not savvy to how to level as a fighter with only some Summoning, Magic, and Harvesting.

What are my options to build up badness? Should I mess with Pot'ing and Alc'ing for cheap healt? Should I hang out in arenas naked and take my lumps? Should I just slowly build A/D on boars til I'm boared?

What are the opinions??

ummm... the pr0 fighters don't do any stuff that uses up nexus such as potion, etc. Thats besides the point however.

To level up fighting quickest the key seems to be to have low phys. Coord can be higher but not TOO high. The rest of the pp all go into will to give the HP and the extra XP. Something like p/c/w 10/10/50 or about that is what I have used to level summoning but it works for fighting as well, though I'd advice 4/20/50 or somesuch.

Note that this kind of power leveling is effective but it excludes you from doing much other things. It is best for people who stayed for some time in EL and want to get going on a skill for real. It takes a coordinated effort and an unswaying will to level in this manner.

So, you need to familiarize yourself with the effects of a reset, and probably factor in to reset twice. Your stats suck as it is. Far too high PC for any quick training on wolves and stuff. You will splatify any opponent that is suitable for your level of a/d because of the high damage. To train, you want to hit often but not hard. You also don't want to get hit by them often.

Negative perks add the number of points you will need. Godless, power hungry, I can't dance (and even gel. bones and antisocial) are good neg perks to have. Anti and gel bones are for if you know what you are doing, and this includes having restoration spell available. (magic 20)

Once your a/d is high enough for your own taste, you reset again and go on perkless from then on.

Edited by sithicus

Negative perks add the number of points you will need. Godless, power hungry, I can't dance (and even gel. bones and antisocial) are good neg perks to have. Anti and gel bones are for if you know what you are doing, and this includes having restoration spell available. (magic 20)

I hope this was a typo or you shouldn't be writing fighting guides. >.<

Gotta be level 21.

-Blee

1) play a lot

2) human 5 only nexus u need

3) def and mag god taken

4) will 16, and possibly low p/c

5) add p/c only when u r ready for next animal/monster, not when u have free pps

6) use moon med when u begin on new monster/animal and after some time when u see u kill it 2 fast, use uni med

7) mobs training order: wolf> gob>smallgarg>medium garg> large garg>fem orc> male orc> ogre>a LOT of pvp(from 80 to ~90def)> fluff

8) neg perks r good when u jump from ogre(p20c24) to fluff(p40c50)

9) good negs for pure fighter/PKer : power hungry,scotty died, antisocial, harvester or sorrow

10) make a lot of def pvp, it will give u fast and cheap oa and def exp(both r necessary for fluff)

If u have any questions, just ask.

Following this guide will make u lvl in a/d/oa a lot faster than normally, but u will need some gold( low p/c= u need better armors and u have less drop from monsters).

So first take all negs exept hs and harvester of sorrow, take inorg 2, raise ur phys and go harv silver ore with 600-800 emu u can harvest 50-100k silver easly, than sell it :hehe:

I hope it helped a little :P

eMPi

listen to empi, he knows what hes talkin about :P

onlything is i though it was small garg>large garg> med garg, cause i no quit a few peeps who can take large gargs easy but cant take med garg without a weapon.

for me :

medium garg-winged 35hp, low p/c nice a/d

large garg- wingless 35hp higher p/c, lower a/d than medium garg :P

ahh, in that case we mean the exact same thing, ive always heard of the wingless gargs refered to as med gargs due to the fact the the winged ones are much taller.

and female gobs>armed gobs>polar bears>ogre instead of orcs (my opinion)

i never felt that it was very usfull to train on anything armed

Polars do give quite nice exp, if you can balance your p/c well for them. And I'd say Feros rather than Fluffy, but thats just MO.

I hope this was a typo or you shouldn't be writing fighting guides. >.<

Gotta be level 21.

-Blee

Yeah well, a 'typo' of the head more like :) . SHould have been Level 16. That is, for decadents who use the potion. :D

Hm... well, I'm in a similar situation - atm 26a/27d/20p/20c/10w (Yep, very high p/c for only 32 OA) and I've taken godless and I can't dance neg perks, with no positive perks. Nexuses are 2 inorg, 4 human and none others.

Should I keep with this and train on male gobs like I'm doing now or should I reset and max out will and coord? I was thinking of putting my next 10 pps in will and then just carry on training up to around 26p/40c - by then hopefully I should be able to handle all manner of mid-range mobs by then. Maybe get a bit of mirror skin or bp perks on the way up.

sithicus is obviously a noob, gelatine bones isnt a 'good' perk

the only perks you should get as a pure fighter is Anti social,Power hungry, these are free pick points

also maby take the scotty died perk, but dont if u like to beam

Guest BizieR

Hm... well, I'm in a similar situation - atm 26a/27d/20p/20c/10w (Yep, very high p/c for only 32 OA) and I've taken godless and I can't dance neg perks, with no positive perks. Nexuses are 2 inorg, 4 human and none others.

godless is not good perk for figher, you should reset cuz you dont need extra pp's for training at that level.

Too high will is also bad.

Since u dont have unlimited number of pickpoints u had 2 be very carefull.

Imho for training will 16 is fine, and about PKing- if u have 26 will and 10 less coord ur opponent will hit u a lot often( and little stronger;p) so uber will is not a crazy advantage and it can be a disadvantage.

Enemy will be able to branch u easier coz of higher coord( 10 more coord is a LOT on PK).

eMPi

the only perks you should get as a pure fighter is Anti social,Power hungry, these are free pick points

And you don't remember low levels of a/d, or having little gold to spend on ridiculous things such as scotty died or defence god. this is power training starting starting around a/d 15 if you are willing to consider resetting a few times. It works, and it is effective. Even a boar lasts a while at the right level, don't even mention gargoyles and someone I know 'uses' a troll for minutes. Defence god is for higher ad too so thats why you are godless at low level and reset after a certain point.

gelly bones doesn't matter that much if you are at will > 50 and have restore spell.

Edited by sithicus

And you don't remember low levels of a/d, or having little gold to spend on ridiculous things such as scotty died or defence god. this is power training starting starting around a/d 15 if you are willing to consider resetting a few times. It works, and it is effective. Even a boar lasts a while at the right level, don't even mention gargoyles and someone I know 'uses' a troll for minutes. Defence god is for higher ad too so thats why you are godless at low level and reset after a certain point.

gelly bones doesn't matter that much if you are at will > 50 and have restore spell.

why would you reset if you can do it right at start, u need low p/c u dont need the pickpoints for perks yet

but go ahead if u like to reset at oa 70+ and lose alot exp

att god is better imo btw ;>

att god is better imo btw ;>

Maybe, if your training mosters, if you do more PvP than Monster Training, then get def god. I PvP more than kill Fluff/Feros, so I got def, once I go to Yeti+ I will get attack, to equal out the exp I got from PvP'ing.

I'm a/d/p/c 83/80/38/34 and I have served attack god since just about the beginning of this character. It has served me very well but now I am at that border of cyclops to fluffies and I get way more attack exp now than defense. So I am considering leaving this god and getting defense god. Point being, you CAN switch when it's appropriate, so there is no one "right" god. What's "right" changes.

Also note, just about all of that a/d leveling was on creatures, not pvp, so I am only speaking from a creature fighting experience.

Thanks for the replies! Good knowledge!

I don't intend to PK right away, maybe after a reset, and more Mag and Sum levels.

Now that I look at it, keeping my Coord low is a bad idea....

As soon as my Def is up in the 20's, I'll reset and get rid of some Neg Perks, then I can start on some gods.

Thanks for the replies! Good knowledge!

I don't intend to PK right away, maybe after a reset, and more Mag and Sum levels.

Now that I look at it, keeping my Coord low is a bad idea....

As soon as my Def is up in the 20's, I'll reset and get rid of some Neg Perks, then I can start on some gods.

IMO no need to start summoning yet, you will want to use alot of your gc for fighting and magic training, and getting some Gods isn;t cheap either. :)

please try to keep physique/coordination as low as 16/20, and 16~ will, or even lower, at least up till you are done with Ogres, because if you do not, the gap between ogres and fluffies will be even harder to cross (believe me cause i'm still in it :S)