Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duran

pack rat perk

we all know that talk about people bulking up like the hulk just to get that extra carrying capacity for items.

what if one where to introduce a perk that gives a bigger increase in EMU then a similar point use in EMU related stats would give?

play around with the idea :brooding:

Yea this perk would rock :D I suggest to let it double your emu...

Costs: 5pp, atleast it would be another positive perk for harvesters and mixers. So not only fighters have the most perks.

Double isn't really good... It would be stupid to get it and then increase phy/coord again, unless you get +40 instead of +20 every time. But that would be overpowered. I'd already have 1200 and I have low P/C

Maybe it could be done with a certain number, but you don't have to make everything so complicated with all those perks... I say we stick to the way it is now.

PS: athel when are you going to learn?? It's "bought" and not 'brought" :D

my idea is instead of it being a perk, mayb an item, like since we have crowns of mana and crowns of life, mayb a crown of weight that gives u an extra 150 carrying capacity.

my idea is instead of it being a perk, mayb an item, like since we have crowns of mana and crowns of life, mayb a crown of weight that gives u an extra 150 carrying capacity.

Already been suggested a lot of times.

Already been suggested a lot of times.

Then it must be a good idea :omg:

No one would really bother with +150 imo for a crown, maybe +250 carry capac, but aswell it would be a pretty confusing item, what if your normal emu was 500 and you put on crown to make it 750 then you filled up to your max emu with silver ore and what would happen if you took off crown? your emu would be 750/500. :P

Edited by guidera

No one would really bother with +150 imo for a crown, maybe +250 carry capac, but aswell it would be a pretty confusing item, what if your normal emu was 500 and you put on crown to make it 750 then you filled up to your max emu with silver ore and what would happen if you took off crown? your emu would be 750/500. :P

- you get "weight damage"

- you randomly drop stuff until your EMU fits again

...a crown of weight that gives u an extra 150 carrying capacity.

As pointed out, this has been suggested several times before, but doesn't fit in with the current role of crowns; increasing carrying capacity is not the same as increasing mana and health limits.

Both mana and health are reserves which gradually built up, and are consumed during critical times. Once you've used up the extra reserves, a crown no longer gives you an advantage, until you have time to rest.

Carrying capacity is not consumed in this way; if you drop items the capacity is returned, nothing is used up.

I do like the idea of an item to increases a character's carrying capacity though; it would reduce the need for all characters to pump-up to progress. But I don't think that a crown is the right representation (even despite the above comment). I would prefer to see either backpacks or handcarts to represent this, or pack animals (less secure, since anyone could "use" the pack animal to open its "bag"). These of course would all have a deterimental effect on combat and other activities.

But all this has also been suggested before.

Btw: The game already handles characters being overloaded (carrying more than their carrying capacity allows); this situation arises through resets.

Then it must be a good idea :confused:
the opposite is true. things people suggest over and over are usually bad ideas. either it has merit but there's technical difficulty or a lot of work involved (such as arrows and riding and running) or it's bad for the game

what would make players happy now could well destroy the game later. so just because everyone thinks they want it doesn't mean that it should happen... or that they'd even want it once they see the results

the issue of what happens when a item is taken on or off is partially why i wanted to go perk. the other is that by making it a perk one have something to spend points on that do not make you more fighting buff at the same time.

like say a magican that wants to spend all his points on pumping mana related stats.

right now its a no go as you have to be able to carry all your essences.

by having yet another item it will just add to the already well equipped fighters and similar.

with it being a perk, people have to think about it a bit more. now they just stack on for dear life...

The solution is simple. They solved this is morrowind by doing this.

If you have more "emu" then you can hold, u become overemcumbered and cannot move until you have equal or less Emu than u can hold.

If you have more "emu" then you can hold, u become overemcumbered and cannot move until you have equal or less Emu than u can hold.

That'd be nice. Then we would not have to manu bars in bags any more, mixing would become significiantly simpler (since you would not have to interact with storage every 5 sec), etc. I think its not a bad solution, just saves a lot of useless clicking/time wasting.

Nice idea, in my opinion perk would be much better( giving like+25% emu for cost of 5-10 pp's and maybe some gc's).

Perk wouldnt be so overpowered coz only ppl who dont fight 2 much would take it ( loss of 5-10 pps for a fighter is really a lot :)

As for item i think it would be 2 strong, col and com r mentioned but they can break in combat so they wont last 4ever.

U need 2 buy more and more of them( break rate isnt very high but try to train with it for 40+hours on strong(compared to ur lvls)monsters and u will see :icon8: ).

And item that would give +250 or even "only" +150 emu, even if expensive( 100k or maybe even 200k+) would be just 1-time investment.

And last thing:

if perk cost is 5pps and give+25% emu than it is worth to take when u have 200 emu+

if perk cost is 10pps and still give +25% emu than u will take it when u reach 400+ carry capacity :hehe:( so still not 2 high, many ppl have 400+ emu)

eMPi

That'd be nice. Then we would not have to manu bars in bags any more, mixing would become significiantly simpler (since you would not have to interact with storage every 5 sec), etc. I think its not a bad solution, just saves a lot of useless clicking/time wasting.

No. :)

You can get overloaded when you reset, or maybe when you take off an emu raising item (if ever), but don't count on ever being able to get overloaded just by picking up stuff (or getting things from storage, for that matter).

No. :happy:

You can get overloaded when you reset, or maybe when you take off an emu raising item (if ever), but don't count on ever being able to get overloaded just by picking up stuff (or getting things from storage, for that matter).

Why? If you can't move, all it means is that when we are mixing things, we don't have to interact with storage as much...especially on bars this can be a huge pain (with my current emu, I can only make ~10 bars at a time at storage, its very annoying.)

No. :)

Why? If you can't move, all it means is that when we are mixing things, we don't have to interact with storage as much...especially on bars this can be a huge pain (with my current emu, I can only make ~10 bars at a time at storage, its very annoying.)

Annoying or not, a max load is a max load.

I don't know if mixing at storage should be made easier, but just ignoring the player's max load is definately not the way.

Think about: afk harvesters getting unlimited harvestables to be loaded off by guildies/friends/alts, guildies/alts loading up with tons of supplies near a PK area, bag jumpers just getting everything and logging off just to get it all to storage later, oh and what about secundary "storages" popping up all over Draia.

I doubt that mixing at storage should be made easier, but that's another discussion..

Max load = max load.

There is a problem with mixing requiring all ingredients to be in your inventory, and it is not about mass production (which is ably limited by food levels and cooldown).

A starting character has a capacity of 80 emu; and recipe for which ingredients, tools, and resultant exceed this amount requires that the character has increased their might, regardless of their intended nature. There

are already recipes like this (eg, using an enrichment stone).

This is effectively a requirement/restriction on character development (cf. class based systems).

Extrapolate and consider the implications -- A shipwright would have to be able to carry the entire ship on their person inorder to construct one.

In "reality" an artisan would rarely be holding more than a fraction of the item they are working on. The rest would be around their workshop, on their workbench, etc.

How can we represent this in the game?

• Use capacity increasing items or perks, as discussed here. But using these implies mobility, whereas we could be trading mobility for access to resources.
  • Work from bags? There are obvious issues with this, but a teleport mishap would be interesting here.
  • Increased capacity while in a workshop, or in range of a static tool (forge, workbench)? The items are not on your person but around the working area. But then people should be able to steal them? A character would have to be bared from leaving the area while "overloaded".
  • Use static items to hold ingredients (cf. hbags), the item is then used to produce the item. This is discussed somewhere in the "Interacting with the Map" topic.

...or something else?

hmm, makes me think of how wizards are dressed in the D&D art lately.

clothes that have very many pockets :)

having pants and shirt that was covered in pockets would be a interesting vision in-game ;)

then produce some items for the spellcasters out there that allow them to access essences from their storage for spellcasting reasons (jewelry, gloves and held items maybe?).

as in, provide items that mark you as some kind of "profession", and provides aid in doing said profession.