Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cyprom

Invading Curses

I don't divide the teams, but I do think the teams could be made fair, with ridiculous team settings like that, there's no need for this contest, we can just give you the prize, thats not the point so.. serious teams or I'm just out.

-Blee

:confused: Would be nice giving my bro and his team prize :huh:

Edit: Typos

Edited by NitageR

Lucifer, THINK, post again. If you putting half the top 5 a/d in one team altogether, there is no point in a fight, since noone can fight back unless its the other half of the top 5, no?

Hey, yes, the kid is right, well, it doesn't work that way, I guess. Teams have to be devided equally. I'll ask cyp tomorrow, maybe I'll see him on my way to school.

-Blee

Lucifer, oh sorry, I DO have a life that takes some attention, I'm so sorry that it takes so much time that I can't train 16 hours a day like you do. We can't all be losers to be able to play 16 hours a day, I guess. Btw, I wonder why you see it as a penalty not being able to pick your own buddies sometimes. Think about some fair play too, not just how much you want to win.

(God, sometimes I wonder how the old gang I knew as smart people all had to leave and I got stuck with a bunch of idiots, sometimes I can see why they left EL..)

Edited by BleedingSoul

Blee stop whining. If it wasn't allowed, it would be in the rules...

They can join the same team as it stated clearly in my post.

However, the teams need an equal amount of members. So small changes may occur after the signing up is done.

-- Cyp

EDITs:

- Mana Destructions Rings and new cloaks are not allowed (forgot to add). Rosts are, but silly :confused:

- Forgot to mention that a high level team does NOT equal victory. You, Blee, of all should know that my contests are a bit more advanced and require more than levels to win :/

Edited by Cyprom

Don't get me wrong, but such unbalance in teams won't make things exciting, it will make things very boring, but .. yea..

whatever

Guest ohmygod

Will event be "taped" for us to watch later?

sounds like a kool event i will sign up if any room

Ye Blee pls stop whining, I'm lower than you and I'm already looking forward to pwn you all :)

What's your name? I don't think you are signed up yet...

Don't get me wrong, but such unbalance in teams won't make things exciting, it will make things very boring, but .. yea..

whatever

Sorry, but don't forget that my contest requires more than levels. Unbalanced teams can even make this a bit more strategic... You'll see when the contest is there

Will event be "taped" for us to watch later?

Well I taped the All Out War, but now I'm hosting the event, so I can't do that :P

I could ask HellRaizer... But he has to turn "Render Fog" off then xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entropy has not donated (yet?), but others have :D

Currently, there are 4 invidual victories. I will, however, keep them secret until the contest is over :D

Prizes:

• Rapier
  • Full Iron Plate
  • Mirror Cloak
  • Mirror Cloak

(Prizes can be updated, but only for the better)

-- Cyp

EDIT: typo's

Edited by Cyprom

Ye Blee pls stop whining, I'm lower than you and I'm already looking forward to pwn you all :P

It is Dignity

Edited by Warlord76

Ye Blee pls stop whining, I'm lower than you and I'm already looking forward to pwn you all :P

It is Dignity

Wth, you are posting under fake name?

It is Dignity

Wth, you are posting under fake name?

Thats his first name when he started EL.

And i'm not joining this event with these unfair teams, totaly crap.

How do you want me to balance the teams then?

Even if I didn't allow teams to sign up, most of you all have privacy on. I don't know how strong you guys are... It's impossible to make even teams when the levels are secret.

And I said it a couple times before, the levels don't make you win this contest. I do understand that you want some fights as well... But if you don't want to join, I don't really care.

I frikkin made this contest for PKers. I've been working on it since November 2006. I can't help it that uneven teams are made. That's the way it is.

If you don't like it, you tell me their stats and I'll change everything!

I'm really dissapointed that there are so few people who want to play. Especially after all the positive responses I got when I first started working on it. I'm frikkin sorry that nothing is perfect!!! :confused:

-- Cyp

PS:

If you don't like it, you tell me their stats and I'll change everything!

This is sarcasm. Make your own PK contest and make your own teams.

I certainly sympathize with Cyprom's plight in not being able to balance teams when stats are hidden. Perhaps there are a few possible solutions:

1. Require participants to submit screen shots to Cyprom that will remain private.

2. Require participants to submit an approval to release their stats, and Entropy can divulge them just to Cyprom.

3. Develop some kind of handicap within future events to account for this sort of thing. (Such as keeping track of kills in this contest and balancing the next contest accordingly.)

This looks like a potentially fun event, although there isn't much point for non-PKers to bother showing up except to be cannon fodder. I think that high-level players do have to understand that unbalanced teams do reduce interest on the part of low-level players. Sure, you can play to have fun and not for the prize, but then why bother having prizes at all?

There is a reason that most sports have multiple divisions based on weight/skill/salary/etc. It just isn't interesting to watch a race between an olympic athlete and your next door neighbor - the conclusion is known before the race starts. Likewise, a match between your local little league team and the NY Yankees wouldn't be terribly exciting.

Part of the excitement of a contest is wondering who will win and going for the win. You lose something if everybody is just playing for 12th place.

Just the same - I tip my hat to Cyprom for what looks like a very intricate and interesting contest. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm sure lots will have fun even with the shortcomings. But, don't be too quick to dismiss those who point out the team disparities as just being "whiners".

I'll probably get pwned, but, you can sign me up as well. Just for the fun of it :)

(btw, you do not have to put blee and i on the same team. Just so he won't be thinking of me during the contest. It's fine if you do, just saying ;) )

Edited by kat

Cool event seems very fun! but I have some questions:

what happens if someone dies? does he respawn in the fort with his armor or does he loose his stuff and has to walk back from hell to kf? can you tell me how this is going to work plz ? :P

<edit>

or is the event on a special day like no drop day ? :P

Edited by Thorongil

Cool event seems very fun! but I have some questions:

what happens if someone dies? does he respawn in the fort with his armor or does he loose his stuff and has to walk back from hell to kf? can you tell me how this is going to work plz ? ;)

<edit>

or is the event on a special day like no drop day ? :o

O.o

Can I quote this from somewhere? "If you die, you go to the underworld and risk losing your stuff. (This is all legal :w00t:)"

It's not on a no drops day unless you can convince Entropy or if you are extremely lucky.

Respawning in KF with all your armor is just an insane idea >.<

-- Cyp

I think it would be cool to watch, I dont get to see much fighting in game because I am a newb. But, i would love to watch, but I think it shouldnt matter how strong you are just have fun and go with the flow man. I mean in REal life all obsticles i come against i have been able to defeat it. So if you all work together I bet you all could kill mufo and the others. If not for the contest for the fact that you can say you did. I dont side with any one I just think you guys should just do what it was made for... fun... I think that is why half the people create events such as this, so that people arent bored out of misery. Just my input guys thanks.

you think mufossa allows to get every1 upon him?

no, he is not for nothing teamed up with the pr0 a/d'ers of this game...

Cyprom, i still have no clue how you allow it to ruin it for others, if your gonna blame us for having low amount of joiners its becuz u dont mix the teams, if you would do it i think many ppl would join it.

and also, you were talking about several levels, i think if you dont tell them no1 would even bother to join...