Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cyprom

Invading Curses

A long time ago, everybody lived peacefully together. It was so calm and quiet, that fighting contests had to be arranged in order to get some action. It was a wonderful time. On the day of the contest, people would jump into their leather suits and grab a snake made of titanium to fight with.

But times change... The gnomes invented new items in the time they were not stuck in a barrel. Incredibly strong armors and swords were created, along with magical items, too powerful for this world of peace.

A gentle person, who tried one out, would feel so strong that he would immediately challenge others to fight him. And it didn’t matter who won. Revenge was never far away. The magical items were abused, and they would destroy everything in their sight, eventually turning the world into a place of hatred.

Hatred... Something these people had never felt before. They became weaker because of it. It kept on deteriorating and after a while the first victims fell.

No, it wasn’t the local tavern keeper that killed them. It was something far worse... Their own sickened minds!

Four people were killed, and they left the disease in the world. A curse arose in a town in Desert Pines. Some time later, the same happened in a mansion in Southern Kilaran Fields, and in the Valley of the Dwarves. The last curse arose in Kilaran Fields.

Scientists say the curse will expand, and it will destroy everyone on the planet of Draia. Fortunately, it can be stopped! First of all, we have to ignore all overpowered items, and secondly we must eliminate the curses. But people are too frightened to fight. So that’s why I have organised a special event in which they can fight like they used to in the old days, and in the meantime they can eliminate the curses.

To be continued

Invading Curses!

Where and when?

In Kilaran Fields ^^

It will most likely be on Saturday 24th of February. I'm not sure about this date yet though. The time will be somewhere in the afternoon GMT+1. I'll give an exact date later.

How to play?

- All contestants will be assigned to a team (guild) that will start in a certain fort.

- The contest will last for a bit longer than 2 hours. Use your time wise, and enjoy the killing.

- The forts have no use. They are nothing but a start point, though they can give strategic defense.

Equipment and Combat Rules

- Summoning Black Bears, Fluffy Rabbits and Mountain Chimeran Wolves is allowed.

- Other Summons are not allowed.

- Summon Stones are not allowed.

- Invisibility is not allowed. (Yes radu can see you)

- All armours up to Iron Plate are allowed. No Steel Plate or Titanium Plate. (Steel Shield is ok)

- Crowns are not allowed.

- All swords up to Titanium Serpent Sword are allowed. (No “Great Swords”)

- Magic Swords are allowed!

- Bone of Death and Branch of Destruction are not allowed.

- Staff of the Mage and Staff of Protection are not allowed.

- All potions except for invisibility are allowed. (Got to leave something in it right?)

- Red, Orange and Yellow Cloak are not allowed.

- (Massive) Mana Destruction Rings are not allowed.

Objectives

- Gather as many cure points as possible by eliminating curses.

- Kill other contestants to prevent them from completing their objective.

- The guild with the most cure points wins, regardless of other kills.

Cure Points

- Outside Curses are worth 1 cure point each. They will spawn separately every 10 minutes.

- The Kilaran Curse is worth 3 points. It will spawn once every 40 minutes.

- Total amount of points: 18 (More can be distributed by teaming up against a curse)

Curses

There are 4 curses. You will recognize them by their names. They all end with …_Curse.

Deciding the winning team

The team with the most cure points will be victorious. Before the contest starts, all contestants will be listed under their team’s name. After the contest, the Curses will check their Death Counter. The names will be changed into the team using the lists. Points will be awarded according to the Curse’s value.

Individual Victory

If Entropy donates prizes, there will be individual victories. Of course, I am going to keep those a secret to make it a bit more fun and mysterious. You’ll have to do what you think is worth a prize.

How to sign up?

- Leave me a forum PM. (You can sign up in a team of maximum 3)

- Have Gossip tell me. (Only you can sign up, no other team members mentioned)

- Reply in this topic. (You can sign up in a team of maximum 5)

As it says above, you can sign up in teams. For this, you have to post your name and the names of those you want in your team. If you sign up alone, you will be put in a random list. However, no matter how you do it, you can always pick the guild you want to be in. (Some changes may have to be made if everyone chooses the same guild...)

Guilds

1. Fort Baarg
    • Tag: Jint
    • Description: We are the people from the town Jint. We have to come to protect these lands with our most powerful warriors.

[*]Fort Mardyn

• Tag: Ocks
  • Description: The lands of Seridia are unsafe and we are here to save them. With the help from the almighty Ocks, victory shall be ours!

[*]Fort Garisn

• Tag: FwF
  • Description: We are an elite group of warriors sent to these lands to protect them from the Curses. Our club is called “Fighters without Fears”.

Contestants

1. mufossa
  2. LuciferX
  3. Guidera
  4. crus
  5. Dignity
  6. Jaclaw
  7. ohmygod
  8. BleedingSoul
  9. Shyne
  10. MasterPiter
  11. scandium
  12. Mattone
  13. Senia
  14. Kat
  15. Tempest
  16. Siarato
  17. Sl7yzor
  18. Smurf
  19. Dushan
  20. zorro

Jint (=affa)

To be updated

Ocks (=ONLY)

To be update

FwF (=TiM)

To be updated

:medieval:

EDIT: date said January O.o

Edited by Cyprom

Cyp, I have a Package of Essences, and Bars for you. If you want them Un-Ignore me and you can have them.

Yes I am.

EDIT: You can sign up until Friday 16th of February. If you sign up later, you might still get in, but don't count on it.

Edited by Cyprom

:hug: no great swords, but thermal serps are allowed O K :hug: Edited by SolarStar

That's RP.. Thermal Serp was available in the time of the story in post #1. Great swords are new stuff the gnomes made and should be banned in this contest :hug:

Signing up, too.

And I suppose rostogols + new cloaks (unbreakable/warlock/NMT) aren't allowed either? :o

How about mana destruction rings, hope they are not allowed either?

Edited by scandium

Ok, Me and Toomass are a team , we will get one more member also, when he wakes up...

Team ......"pro" kk ty

szatanserduszko+marwen =3+4th ..1left :*

Ok, Me and Toomass are a team , we will get one more member also, when he wakes up...

Team ......"pro" kk ty

OK LuciferX is our final member team "pro" complete...G/L to all other contestants

l0l @ team pr0. :/

#Edit - I would sign up but with 35/38 a/d I r neeb. :x

Edited by Chosen

l0l @ team pr0. :/

#Edit - I would sign up but with 35/38 a/d I r neeb. :x

Awww. Sorry, Liquid,manhunt,beefeh,prophet,whatever-now. You could always try your luck in DP arena! :P

Team ......"pro" kk ty

OK LuciferX is our final member team "pro" complete...G/L to all other contestants

Think another time, repost. I doubt Cyp is gonna let you all in one team. It still has to be somewhat fair...

-Blee

I don't see any rule which says some high lvl can't be in 1 team @.@

Maybe you could think, teams have to be somewhat balanced to make the contest fun. You think it'd be balanced like this?

-Blee

So? We want to win it. And there is no rule which says someth about it. You could ask one/two of us before to join your team, no?

Edited by Szatan

I don't divide the teams, but I do think the teams could be made fair, with ridiculous team settings like that, there's no need for this contest, we can just give you the prize, thats not the point so.. serious teams or I'm just out.

-Blee

I don't divide the teams, but I do think the teams could be made fair, with ridiculous team settings like that, there's no need for this contest, we can just give you the prize, thats not the point so.. serious teams or I'm just out.

-Blee

What if you dont get youre way you CRY? lol *hands Blee a tissue* Too bad this is how its going to be!

-Blee

Why should Higher level players be penalized because you don't train enough. It is a free internet and ur free to think whatever you want, but pushing changes based on your ideas and trying and to affect the game's enjoyment by other players is just wrong. Since your deciding to sit out of this one maybe u should go train while your sitting out instead of posting in the forums 24/7. they made n00b arenas so now even you can train safely.

-Blee

Why should Higher level players be penalized because you don't train enough. It is a free internet and ur free to think whatever you want, but pushing changes based on your ideas and trying and to affect the game's enjoyment by other players is just wrong. Since your deciding to sit out of this one maybe u should go train while your sitting out instead of posting in the forums 24/7. they made n00b arenas so now even you can train safely.

HAHAHHAHA LMAO Luci you funny f^%**&%(*&%*(%(*