Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ambrosius

Why dont people PK anymore?

Yes. I know that there are many other maps, and kf is not anymore the nicest place to PK, but theyre not as close to high populated storages like Molgor.

The arenas are nice, but they're small, less possibilities to suprise someone.

C2 places, magic school sewers and training room - its a long way to get there.

^thats a problem aswel

to less players, to many pk maps

but i think preople go kf more if there are things to do, like harvest minerals and train monsters, or many something else, quest ?

or maby 10% more exp pvping or training in 'populated' pk maps like KF

Edited by scarr

I've got more 'pr0 drops' from PK, than I have spent in Rostos.. I've pk'd some very nice stuff.

I wouldn't say PK is dead, I go running into KF with like 4-8 enemys.. It's just funny how whenever it's someone from one of my enemy guilds, when it's like 4-6 on one of them they all shit themselfs and run miles. :wub:

You know why PK isn't dead for me? Because I joined a guild that I knew had enemys, and no rules, so I could pk whoever I wanted whenever I wanted. But all everyone else does is have alliances. Like scarr said, only really 2-3 Guilds who have no top PK guilds as alliances. PkG guild colors are about 5 grey (non-atk) to about 100 red..

OMG's suggestion on Rosto's would be very very nice idea. But what he was saying about Bindings and Rosto on EL Shop, there is some difference, with Bindings you can make 5k-1$ if you know where to look for buyers, rosto you dont even make 3k-1$.

We (PkG) will still continue to PK, BroD, and kill 99% of EL, and we will still BroD no drop days. Because thats what we do.

- LiquiD.

* I think thats the longest post I ever done :hug:

#Edit - The implemation of DP Arena being 40 a/d was a very good one, I went there yesterday and there is some very nice PK'ing going on, it's good to see low level people learning to PK. I also hear there is some nice drops too :hug:

#Edit - Some of the Drops I got from PK are; 2 Titanium Plate Sets, ~10 COL's, 2 BoD's, 2 Thermal Tit Serps, NMT, Staff of Mage, Ice Titanium Long, Ice Serp, Eagle Wing - Those are rare items I got, and all the little stuff like tit chains, serps, etc etc etc.

Edited by Chosen

I've got more 'pr0 drops' from PK, than I have spent in Rostos.. I've pk'd some very nice stuff.

I wouldn't say PK is dead, I go running into KF with like 4-8 enemys.. It's just funny how whenever it's someone from one of my enemy guilds, when it's like 4-6 on one of them they all shit themselfs and run miles. :D

You know why PK isn't dead for me? Because I joined a guild that I knew had enemys, and no rules, so I could pk whoever I wanted whenever I wanted. But all everyone else does is have alliances. Like scarr said, only really 2-3 Guilds who have no top PK guilds as alliances. PkG guild colors are about 5 grey (non-atk) to about 100 red..

OMG's suggestion on Rosto's would be very very nice idea. But what he was saying about Bindings and Rosto on EL Shop, there is some difference, with Bindings you can make 5k-1$ if you know where to look for buyers, rosto you dont even make 3k-1$.

We (PkG) will still continue to PK, BroD, and kill 99% of EL, and we will still BroD no drop days. Because thats what we do.

- LiquiD.

* I think thats the longest post I ever done :)

#Edit - The implemation of DP Arena being 40 a/d was a very good one, I went there yesterday and there is some very nice PK'ing going on, it's good to see low level people learning to PK. I also hear there is some nice drops too :D

#Edit - Some of the Drops I got from PK are; 2 Titanium Plate Sets, ~10 COL's, 2 BoD's, 2 Thermal Tit Serps, NMT, Staff of Mage, Ice Titanium Long, Ice Serp, Eagle Wing - Those are rare items I got, and all the little stuff like tit chains, serps, etc etc etc.

ohh as far as i remember i have always seen you running

Example:

Make it so you can get higher a/d than 120 and people wil go pk!

There is inflation going on in a huge pace. Inflation in gc as well as levels.

I am quite the n00b myself having joined somewhere mid 2006, and back then there was the iron full plate as the best armor and the col as most valuable item. Now to pk ppl get titanium armor or steel, then a nmt cloak. Soon we'll be seeing bronze (virtual magic immunity, wasn't it?) at an unknown price.

For a constructor guild this is all great, and I would not complain at all. However, the value of the items compounds the disadvantage of brod and breakage in pk. No one talked about brod back then, tankel was the one who got flamed:P

No wonder that pk is getting damn expensive. Who but an idiot goes into pk area without a rostogol stone, and at what cost?

As far as suggestions go: perhaps rost poofs should leave behind rostogol shards, with some purpose and value. A new amulet of effect reflection introduced that will have a low chance of reflecting special effects like BOD, BROD, cooldown, etc. Of course such an amulet would have to break a lot.

Kf was full every night before than came -rostogals,cooldown,brod,mana rings,magic armor/swords

+atm nearly all strong friendly/allied vs pkg so noone who u can fight ambro

such simply...wonder why u ask

Yeah, pking i EL WAS so fucking great thing :D I remember that long time ago there were huge wars almost every evening... ^v^ + =Hc= vs -EF- + CA$H. So i still can't get it, why so nice and funny part of the game became thing making players complain about it :) But it is Entropy's game and he decides about it...

Since USUALLY there is no profit from killing someone I have some idea, so listen please:

1) When you kill your opponent and he loses a rosto you always get a bag with a trophy, scalp or no matter how you call it (like an ear in diablo2 when you killed someone).

2) You can save it or sell it to *some new NPC* or Mortos... yeah idea with Mortos seems very nice to me :D (if someone is godless... hmm ask friends for help?)

3) The stronger is the enemy you have killed (comparing to your strength) the more is worth the trophy.

-When you kill person stronger than you: Combat Level of your opponent - your Combat Level (the bigger difference the more is worth the trophy).

-In case when you kill player weaker than you maybe your CL - CL of your opponent (here if bigger is the difference the less is worth the trophy).

4) Of course the max price of this trophy should be lower than the price of rosto - in case if some smart players would use this feature to earn on it.

Any comments? Other ideas?

Edited by NitageR

We (PkG) will still continue to PK, BroD, and kill 99% of EL(...)

Some of the Drops I got from PK are; 2 Titanium Plate Sets, ~10 COL's, 2 BoD's, 2 Thermal Tit Serps, NMT, Staff of Mage, Ice Titanium Long, Ice Serp, Eagle Wing - Those are rare items I got, and all the little stuff like tit chains, serps, etc etc etc.

And then you woke up?:>

---

I was also thinking about changing properties of rosto (that was also suggested in Suggestions some time ago by someone), I mean rosto would only protect items you have equipped and in case of your death you drop 50% items you have in your bag as usually without the stone so a winner have at least some nice extra mana pots, rings, esses etc and there is also a chance to get something more expensive when your enemy risks and puts some other weapons, armor in the bag. There would be an important reason to pk and maybe more people would go hunting. Of course I might be wrong, I am not a sociologist but I see the main difference between pking now and in the past is that in the past pking was also a way to make money and get items and armor when you got drops (now you must be very lucky to get something), so folks rather prefer to stay training on monsters because it has more advantages (gc, drops and exp).

Pk contests are great but generally not for all people, rather there are for high level players, others have no chance and we can easily predict the winners before the contest so I would suggest some events for all players in different combat lvl classes or something like that.

I wouldn't say PK is dead, I go running into KF with like 4-8 enemys.. It's just funny how whenever it's someone from one of my enemy guilds, when it's like 4-6 on one of them they all shit themselfs and run miles. :)

this topic is for people to tell why they arent pking anymore, is not for you to brak about urself

Edited by Atmos

although i rarely play anymore and barely PK, i can still think of my reasons:

- i went into pk map for the drops, because i needed money for training, but i always died of higher a/d people, and when i finally met someone with my a/d, they would carry $100 items which i refuse to buy

- each time i pk'ed and attacked/killed someone i got bitched at because they think it's outlaw blabla..

- pk isn't about strategy, it's about using items(aka money).. we need more strategy, that way my brain will finally win sometimes :-P

I was also thinking about changing properties of rosto (that was also suggested in Suggestions some time ago by someone), I mean rosto would only protect items you have equipped and in case of your death you drop 50% items you have in your bag as usually without the stone so a winner have at least some nice extra mana pots, rings, esses etc and there is also a chance to get something more expensive when your enemy risks and puts some other weapons, armor in the bag.

I first thought this would be a good idea for pk, but then I realised it negates (what I thought) the real reason rostos were created, which was to help harvesters who needed to go to dangerous maps with expensive things....

But from what I've read rostos seem to be the main problem with why people don't pk anymore...

So to both benefit harvesters, and make drops for pkers... How about making it so theres a 50% (or could be less) chance of losing only things that are equiped, when wearing a rostogol stone...

If this happened people would be a lot more wary about equiping expensive equipment to pk with...

just an idea though :)

People doesnt pk anymore for many reasons.One of the reasons is the persons that are 90's and 100"s.They started attacking invisible to people with 40 a/d who were trying just to train.That discouraged many newbie players to pk.For me this is called proffesional bagjumping..Also some changes that happened to the game were really cool but the distance between strong players and weak was increased.Simply a newbie player has no hope to kill someone that is stronger than him.I dont know many 60's that can afford a full titanium set.I hope bronze armour will help if it is cheap and doesnt require high manu level to be made.

Still i see some people of the 100's doubleteaming people with 50 a/d.i really dont see the reason..Are they having fun??!!Probably this is happening cause when DONPEDRO was playing they were 40 oa's less than him..I hope things will become better after the changes with the arena's.

Alliances between "stong guilds". =hc=, *CO*,DIE!, \A/ are allies.That means that someone who isnt a member of these guilds must fight all those alone,something that is impossible to happen.

Finally and most important is that there is no motive for someone to pk.Why shall someone pk?Fun isnt enough when u risk expensive items...Something must force people to pk.A tournament isnt a solution because it will happen once.

I hope bronze armour will help if it is cheap and doesnt require high manu level to be made.

Bronze bar needs Copper and Tin Bar which use ores that need items to harvest. Don't count on them being cheap.

About what Entropy said on the first page... There are too many high level monsters people can train on. I remember fighters begging for more spawns and stronger creatures so they could level.

Result = big difference in fighters' levels. The challenge for top fighters to remain the strongest would be training on the same damn thing all the time and getting less exp as they go higher :P

Anywayz that's probably a bad solution. xD

-- Cyp

Finally and most important is that there is no motive for someone to pk.Why shall someone pk?Fun isnt enough when u risk expensive items...Something must force people to pk.A tournament isnt a solution because it will happen once.

Holy words... sad but true :P

I first thought this would be a good idea for pk, but then I realised it negates (what I thought) the real reason rostos were created, which was to help harvesters who needed to go to dangerous maps with expensive things....

You know, there is always diss and tele trick and what is more there are invi pots or harvesters can just ask some friends/guildies with more a/d to be their bodyguard while going through dangerous places so as you can see there are many possibilities. Btw pk maps must always include some risk and what so valuable harvesters carry that is more expensive than rosto?

Edited by CharlotteS

Wow, many ppl really care about bringing PKing back to life. I hope together players, mods, game developers and owners will think out good solution :P

2x fluffy and 1 forest chim in kf was a very good move, mercury in kf was also great =more ppl there=more fights :P

If i could suggest something i wouldnt change game mechanisms at all, i woudlnt change rostos, i would just make a map of oldschool PK where all is same like in the times before rostos.

Maybe wsc arena? Maybe nc pk cave? Maybe some other not very used map on c1? Maybe some new map?

Only 1 map and it would give so much fun to players, if some1 for some reasons dont want to go there he would still have all other pk maps.

There would be no oldbies complaing about "nowadays pK" coz they could always go to that map. And i bet some newbies( ~6 months ingame is still pretty newbie 4 me;p) wont mind to taste the sweetness of oldschool PKing B)

eMPi

Yeah old school pk map should be fun :P

Also, rosto only protecting the stuff you wear (armour/weapon/cape) can work imo...it will bring back the drops to pk maps.

You know what?

I am going to make a special day where the Rostos don't work. I bet that no one will go in PK maps that day.

maybe ur right ent, maybe ur not, if ppl know rosto doesnt work they wont take rostos with them, BUT MAYBE people go to arena without rostos and normal gear like tit chains, so they can get drops, good idea, gogogo!!! :happy:

Btw pk maps must always include some risk and what so valuable harvesters carry that is more expensive than rosto?

Well, if they're carrying a ton of S2Es it could certainly be an expensive loss.

Probably the best thing a harvester can do is carry a rosto, even if it would be a net-loss cash-wise, as well as BrOD / etc. Then clearly announce what they're doing as they're transiting the map. The goal is to deter attacks by making it obvious that you're willing to lose money just to make life hard on a PKer - and that you're not worth their trouble.

Personally, I'm not quite at a level where I'm after hydro bars yet, so I'm not sure what strategies are typically employed. But, the best way to deter people from harassing you is to make sure they realize it isn't worth their trouble. Could be by being in a strong guild, could be by waving around BrOD, or could be by carrying a rosto so that attackers have nothing to gain.

You know what?

I am going to make a special day where the Rostos don't work. I bet that no one will go in PK maps that day.

I bet the WILL, they'll just use lower level armor and weapons and it will be a battle of strategy and magic rather than who has the best weapons/armor.

people will pk without rostos, some people will risk use betetr weapons so they have more advantage over other players, but the ycan die aswel

people will pk without rostos, some people will risk use betetr weapons so they have more advantage over other players, but the ycan die aswel

You know what?

how about no cooldown/col etc too :happy: