Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ambrosius

Why dont people PK anymore?

The game i currently play, i just heared of item duplicate, other cheats, i quit play it, 4now, i dont think i'll return to it.

This is only your decision. But i didn't hear about it anymore, admins still works on bug fixing. you can help them if you want, not just stop playing.

I played a game Starcraft/Broodwar, in single mode i couldnt beat the NPC when i had 2-3 NPC players against me, i once tried the "Show me the money" cheat just to c if i could win then. i did win easily.

And did you have satisfaction? Maybe try bit them without cheats, and i'm sure you will feel it ;p

I loved the fair figths in EL, all u lost where u honor and if bad luck where after u serp titchain and mirror.

If bad luck where after u, u lost valuable items, but notthing u had to work weeks to get.

I don't understand what you mean for fair fights, sam a/d? same arm?

And there where always people in KF, watching PVP'ers, chatting and hopeing at 2 enemys came soo a figth where up, if they where lucky, a GOOD figth came.

Did you saw a no drop day in Eternal Lands? The same situation, few people fighting, few stay and looking.

Edited by brein

Answer is simple . Leave most Pk maps the same and make certain maps " Old school Pk only" (armour up to tit chain and serp swords)

Then those who want to sit around KF all day using there Thermal serp as an extension of there manhood can and those who want to old school Pk (with proberly more ppl and therefore more fun) can do the same .no one is then forced to do anything they dont want to ,and if ppl want to use a rost for old school PK for a few cheap items more fool them :P

omg read what i write "And did you have satisfaction? Maybe try bit them without cheats, and i'm sure you will feel it ;p"

I said ONCE, and that after weeks of trying beat em, satisfaction, i dont get satisfaction of beeing superior i get satisfaction of good figths.

A fair figth i didnt expect i had to explain, but a fair figth is a figth where both sides of the figth have equal opportunity.

Earlyer b4 the cheat clients where revealed, it where no fair figth when 1 part have client that restores/refill mana automatical, and other part dont.

Its no fair if 1side uses weeks to get 1 item, and other side go to storage take one of the 1.000 he has got in store of that item.

Answer is simple . Leave most Pk maps the same and make certain maps " Old school Pk only" (armour up to tit chain and serp swords)

Then those who want to sit around KF all day using there Thermal serp as an extension of there manhood can and those who want to old school Pk (with proberly more ppl and therefore more fun) can do the same .no one is then forced to do anything they dont want to ,and if ppl want to use a rost for old school PK for a few cheap items more fool them :P

In this topic we try to repair pk, give some new ideas, not just speak about pk and leave it the same. And even with these "old school PK" maps will works (people will go there), then we will have next problem, for what we need new stuff? Only for training? Then for what new swords?. And what if they don't work?

omg read what i write "And did you have satisfaction? Maybe try bit them without cheats, and i'm sure you will feel it ;p"

I said ONCE, and that after weeks of trying beat em, satisfaction, i dont get satisfaction of beeing superior i get satisfaction of good figths.

A fair figth i didnt expect i had to explain, but a fair figth is a figth where both sides of the figth have equal opportunity.

Earlyer b4 the cheat clients where revealed, it where no fair figth when 1 part have client that restores/refill mana automatical, and other part dont.

Its no fair if 1side uses weeks to get 1 item, and other side go to storage take one of the 1.000 he has got in store of that item.

Dunno, if you don't like shop then pay 10k dollars to radu, and shop will dissapear, for me is better Eternal Lands with people which buys stuff for real money, than no Eternal Lands. You can do 2 things, agree with this or leave. I agreed you left...

Edited by brein

"then we will have next problem, for what we need new stuff?"

If they shall stay, what they proberly will, then prices has to be that low that all can have em.

But, from i hear/understand from reading forum, some of the new items r soo evil that they spoil the figthing.

Like i said b4 in other threat its no goal to make a figth last few sec, u dont get to get the thrill if u get 2-3 sec figths.

Then those who want to sit around KF all day using there Thermal serp as an extension of there manhood can and those who want to old school Pk (with proberly more ppl and therefore more fun) can do the same .no one is then forced to do anything they dont want to ,and if ppl want to use a rost for old school PK for a few cheap items more fool them :icon13:

In this topic we try to repair pk, give some new ideas, not just speak about pk and leave it the same. And even with these "old school PK" maps will works (people will go there), then we will have next problem, for what we need new stuff? Only for training? Then for what new swords?. And what if they don't work?

I think you are missing my point. There is nothing Wrong with PK its not the games fault any problems with Pk stem solely from the ppl who do it and how they do it,unless you level up the playing field in terms of items between noobs and hardcore Pkers then soon the Hardcore Pkers are going to be the only ones who do it,as characters Brein you would more than likely pwn mine im only 39/42 a/d but if all i had to lose was a little tit chain and serp and a bit of pride then i would go into PK areas just for the fun of it. Yes i can do that now but wheres the fun in getting jumped on as soon as you walk into Pk by some character in there strongest and most ebul items ?

Ok my last post for now (3 at night where i live...). No quotes, no answers. Just little 2 questions, if new items are so bad, if everything is f**k up, then wtf so much people doing on pk in no drop day? And why they post on forum "no drop day is so great" ?

Btw. one more thing, fighting is not only thing to do in EL. Why you didn't start be dunno pr0 harvester ;p You don't have to answer i don't want to do off topic :icon13:

Edited by brein

"Dunno, if you don't like shop then pay 10k dollars to radu, and shop will dissapear, for me is better Eternal Lands with people which buys stuff for real money, than no Eternal Lands. You can do 2 things, agree with this or leave. I agreed you left...

"

I didnt say/mean el-shop has the 100% disapear, just said its getting "abused", i myself did buy from shop, but to affor all the new items u have to buy in el-shop.

NO1 can go work up the gc 4 1.000 rostogol stones, what i was told 1 player had in storage, what purpose on kill 1 with 1.000 rostogol stones?

I DO have understanding 4 dev's wich 4 $'s.

The $'s just cant control the game, soo a noob can buy #X char, then buy alot in shop turn it to items ingame, then all he do is train behind PKbot, and only show up puplic rare to PK.

Ok my last post for now (3 at night where i live...). No quotes, no answers. Just little 2 questions, if new items are so bad, if everything is f**k up, then wtf so much people doing on pk in no drop day? And why they post on forum "no drop day is so great" ?

Because there is no risk of losing items and only a small risk of items being broken.so anyone old or noob can go in and no have to worry about losing things (which is what this post has turned into = loss of expensive items) so if that loss factor wasnt there or was greatly reduced by Pkers only wearing cheap items then the fields would attract more players. a lot a diff between losing 100k worth of items and 10k's worth .

Another reason the fields dont get full at the moment and not pointing the finger at anyone but for someone new to Pking theres no incentive because certain Uber level Pkers will attack them .so they have been in been killed by someone 50-100 levels higher than them and dont go back .I always thought and proberly wrongly that Pking is all about the thrill of the battle and pitting yourself against other players,not noob slaughtering . El is a game and a game should be about fun. and thats fun for everyone not just a certain few high level ones

omg "Why you didn't start be dunno pr0 harvester ;p " when i made killmeyes i where #6 harvester, and 1 of em higher than me where a BOT, bots shouldnt show up on ranking listes, they have 24 hours a day, players DO have to sleep.

Not counting OA that where 140, i only had 1 skill with zero crafting, summoning where 20-22, manu mid. 30, harvesting/magi/alch >85

I DID do other things but figth, had 18 PP in nex

NO1 can go work up the gc 4 1.000 rostogol stones, what i was told 1 player had in storage, what purpose on kill 1 with 1.000 rostogol stones?

Yeah, and you believe everything you hear? No one has 1K rostos in storage, that would be like 4K USD.

But let's talk a little about being fair now.

We have teo people: One that has a job and can play only 4 hours a day, and one that is self employed, or a student in vacation, and can play 12 hours a day.

Obviously, all thing being equal, the one playing more will have an undisputed advantage over the one playing less. Are you suggesting now that I should limit the duration on how much each player cna play the game, to equalize things?

Anyway, despite for people's complaints, there is a lot of activity in the game, and it seems that the PK is not really that needed afterall. If people don't care that much about the PKing, then I can focus my atention to other skills.

Pk not needed ? In EL ?

That's silly. Its not like EL have uber pwnage PVE with advance party options and 500 diffrent models of monsters...Everything you do in the game has to do something with money. Dont tell me its fun to sit every day for 10 hours in one cave and harvest for 2 years. Because its not. It may be "fun" in this way : You harvest > you make money > you find stones > you have more money to spend for gear > you make yourself better in PK. Lets be realistic, all things in game are fun for some time, but you can't really just kill monsters for 2-3 years. PK is what gives flavor to this game, especially beucase of losing items when dead.PK is core of this game and keeps high level players playing. What's the point in killing same monster for months if you don't have something of it ?

I really can't believe you are actually saying that PK is not really needed.

PK is core of this game and keeps high level players playing.
are you suggesting that one can't be a high level player without feeling the need to virtually bash up other people?

please don't insult the player-base that doesn't feel this way

*wonders where the most things that manuer/crafter/alcher create flows to if PK isnt really needed*

Nah seriously.. maybe its not the Main Skill for everything.. but i doubt you wanna take out all the things

that is needed only for PK.. this would mean you wasted your time and i doubt you wanted that to happen.

but thats just my oppinion.. cant change what u will do anyway

a lot of it goes to NPCs (especially the new-swords people make, hoping for the rares, which are then almost unsellable).

there's also a fair bit of use of equipment for fighting critters and invasions and all

and the stuff used in mining, or other skills, that's taken out through losses, schools, quests, harvest-deaths, broken stuff from production (mortar&pestle, harv med, etc)

PK consumes stuff. but these days, I don't think it's that high a percentage (apart from rostos, perhaps, anyone using the expensive stuff will generally have one)

Ent focussing on developing other areas of EL doesn't necessarily mean the PK stuff will be removed, of course, just that it may not develop as fast

PK is core of this game and keeps high level players playing.
are you suggesting that one can't be a high level player without feeling the need to virtually bash up other people?

please don't insult the player-base that doesn't feel this way

I didn't mean to insult anyone, I am just saying PVE is not good enough here to say PK is not needed.

I will take this conversation with you in private.

Tho, I must say this game is wonder for 30 mb game. I am not joking.

I am just saying PVE is not good enough here to say PK is not needed.
some people, obviously, would disagree. and perhaps if ent isn't focussing on developing PK stuff as much, the PvE will become more to your liking
myeh, nah, I've said what I wanted to here

I didn't mean to insult anyone, I am just saying PVE is not good enough here to say PK is not needed.

Well, obviously players must enjoy PVE more than PVP, because as some of you remarked (which is the truth) the PK is almost dead. I tried all kind of things to revitalize it, but if none of them work, well, then I'd better focus my resources on more lucrative things, such as the player owned cities. I am sure that most of the players will like that.

pk is still dead because of the same reasons..

Wow, oh God of the obvious!

Yeah, and you believe everything you hear? No one has 1K rostos in storage, that would be like 4K USD.

But let's talk a little about being fair now.

We have teo people: One that has a job and can play only 4 hours a day, and one that is self employed, or a student in vacation, and can play 12 hours a day.

Obviously, all thing being equal, the one playing more will have an undisputed advantage over the one playing less. Are you suggesting now that I should limit the duration on how much each player cna play the game, to equalize things?

First time i agree with ent :icon13: , i dont mind if ppl which r busy in rl buy rostos and support game, not everybody can serp yeti all days ..(wonder why some ppl which play loads use $ also :brooding: )

PK is core of this game and keeps high level players playing. .

Yup thats why when u check top 50a/d 1,5years ago and now noone(who pk) left...if u dont count shiv or nitager which log on rare

I just wanna say, that few days ago, when i was pvping Dushan on kf, newbie( ~25 highest skill lvl) saw us.

He saw so less fighting( killing an ant in 1 hit isnt that much of a battle;p) between players, that he thought we r fighting to the death.

He even send #ig to my guild that i need help on kf and that many ppl r after me there( they were just sitting/standing near and chating;p). Since he knew how to #ig maybe he wasnt that new after all?

Kaito/ Brain, u know i like u, but i see u r getting owned by Pedro.

U r smart person, but u dont have pk experience, for same reason i would get owned in Crafting/manuing thread. U say u play long, thats true.

I play some time this game too, and even thought i killed ~30k of c2 monsters( including yetis, arctic chims and giants) im a c2 n00b, coz i got lost when i tryied find nord redmoon.

Special day without rostos is step in good direction, even if we will get "only" that, its still better than nothing.

I have also 1 questions for Mufossa and Luciferx, what do they think of an oldschool PK map?

Do they preffer to have some nice fights with junk stuff( serp, iron plate etc) than noone/very short fights with all the best equip that exist in game?( plz dont say that u r not PKers, coz i know u both like fights :icon13:

eMPi

Well, obviously players must enjoy PVE more than PVP, because as some of you remarked (which is the truth) the PK is almost dead. I tried all kind of things to revitalize it, but if none of them work, well, then I'd better focus my resources on more lucrative things, such as the player owned cities. I am sure that most of the players will like that.

pk is still dead because of the same reasons..

Wow, oh God of the obvious!

if it's so fucking obvious then why don't you do something about it?

I tried all kind of things to revitalize it, but if none of them work, well, then I'd better focus my resources on more lucrative things
while I'm not a great fan of PKing, I still hope that the effort put into developing PK options will only lessen, not be forgotten. even if it's not a large part of EL life, it can still be part of it.

from that, I'm hoping to see what the day-of-no-rostos will turn out like... and if it turns out to be a success, then hopefully some developments can come from that (perhaps 2 permanent no-rosto maps, one PK and one not. or even areas within a map).

since no-rostos means anyone in expensive gear is taking a big risk, I'm guessing that equalising at leather-to-iron-plate level equipment may bring back PKing a bit... and no-rostos, if popular amongst the fighters, will more than likely bring back summoning as a productive skill (from the introduction of rostogols until the summon stones, there wasn't much chance of profit from summons)

that said, I'm all for the development in other directions for EL, especially those that build on the community aspects and spirit of the players (I suspect the good community spirit in EL may be a part of why EL doesn't have that high a percentage of PKers (or potential PKers, ignoring the current PK situation in EL) compared to some other online games... or it could be the other way around... in either case, community oriented developments will hopefully take off quickly)

if it's so fucking obvious then why don't you do something about it?

Carefull, or we get banned from the forum for breaking the "constructive criticism" rule.

while I'm not a great fan of PKing, I still hope that the effort put into developing PK options will only lessen, not be forgotten. even if it's not a large part of EL life, it can still be part of it.

from that, I'm hoping to see what the day-of-no-rostos will turn out like... and if it turns out to be a success, then hopefully some developments can come from that (perhaps 2 permanent no-rosto maps, one PK and one not. or even areas within a map).

A non rostogol PK map would be a neat idea, but I really don't see many people going there. I mean, maybe they will in the beginning, because of the novelty factor, but after that they would not go there often because no one will go there with expensive stuff, so what's the point in PKing someone to get an augmented leather armor + a serp sword?

Once I implement the non rost day, I'll see how much that helps (or doesn't) the combat.

A non rostogol PK map would be a neat idea, but I really don't see many people going there. I mean, maybe they will in the beginning, because of the novelty factor, but after that they would not go there often because no one will go there with expensive stuff, so what's the point in PKing someone to get an augmented leather armor + a serp sword?
same as normal, getting to compete with other players, but you aren't required to risk expensive equipment just to stay even. if everyone uses leather or chain, you may not gain a lot of items, but you won't lose much either. so it'll be the cheap way to PK other players.

I think the drops from PK aren't quite as important as the social (or psychological, or whatever) gains, the being able to compete with others, and beat them, etc. drops just allow the PKers to afford to keep at it

Once I implement the non rost day, I'll see how much that helps (or doesn't) the combat.
will be interesting to see how that plays out