Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ambrosius

Why dont people PK anymore?

I PK, and get plenty of reward, i recently PKed a full tit frm acidic and a col from seth, just got to know the right ppl to kill and the right place to find em. (pkg map :P)

Edited by SL7yz0r

Unless you Muffy or Azrakan, there will always be someone better than you. Even if you do find someone to PK, it's a newb or you PK the person but s tronger person come and puupy gaurds you till your done fighting and then H/She kills you.

What I am trying to say is, a while ago (year?) There wasn't such a big gap between pr0 and newb. Now theres 100+ lvl gap between the best and the what used to be average.

THERE ALWAYS IS SOMEONE BETTER WHO IS GOING TO KILL YOU.

I do not PK. I train or pvp, just for OA exp. ^^

i dont pk because:

1. too noobie, and i need to train alot

2. to much costs

3. everytime i take a stroll through KF no one is EVER there.

4. dp arena has more action than KF, NC arena/caves, MM arean combined

im still an advocate of the 'old school pk arena' idea :P

~1st

yes i have to say i had alot of fun in dp arena the last weeks :P

sadly i wont be able anymore to ts-pot down under 40 a/d soon so

its another funny thing away from me.

In my oppinion all reasons have been stated allready (expensive armor/weapons, rostos, lvl gap)

even tho i like to have competitions.

What i dont like is that most ppl getting mad after getting pked.. im mostly a peaceful and nice

person.. i know im a poon agains alot of other players but i dont care. if i see a lil bit of hope

for me, then i try to fight them. For me its just Fun.. it has nothing to do with if i like a person or

not (well ok.. maybe sometimes when someone really makes me mad then it is outta hate)

But im new to this business anyway.. low stats.. but i still have my fun if i find someone to fight with

that is not like ~40 lvls above me (hey oO i wanna have at least a little chance Oo)

Sinserly,

Scorpius

Guest ohmygod

Rostogol Stones are my best friend, and i am glad they are here to stay.

Price of rostos are too expensive. Look at No drop day people are everywhere in pk map, because they dont waste expensive rost when they die.

Rost only work once and 16k-17k for one use is way too expensive.

#EDIT: yes i know it save 200kgc-1mill gc worth of armour/items but still is expensive, and people hesitate to waste them because of rarity and price.

Make NPC to sell rost for 1k gc or sell cheaper in EL shop and raise price of binding stones. If NPC was introduced this would be good gc sink if every 2nd person was buy rost from npc @ 1kgc a pop then die and go buy another every 5 minutes.

Edited by ohmygod

Price of rostos are too expensive. Look at No drop day people are everywhere in pk map, because they dont waste expensive rost when they die.

Make NPC to sell rost for 1k gc or sell cheaper in EL shop and raise price of binding stones. If NPC was introduced this would be good gc sink if every 2nd person was buy rost from npc @ 1kgc a pop then die and go buy another every 5 minutes.

Now thats a word :P (friendly and very manly hug btw :D:icon13: )

Hope you didnt mean it sarcastic and have the same view as me..

Cuz i mainly forgot to mention it in my post that i dont care about the drops

but i like to see another name in my counter or even an higher number next to

the name. But like stated.. for me its just Fun..

Guest ohmygod

Now thats a word :P (friendly and very manly hug btw :D:icon13: )

Hope you didnt mean it sarcastic and have the same view as me..

Cuz i mainly forgot to mention it in my post that i dont care about the drops

but i like to see another name in my counter or even an higher number next to

the name. But like stated.. for me its just Fun..

I get better profit from monsters than pk so have always pked for fun not drops, my apoligies to those that have walked from underworld because of me :D.

[...] and brods was my biggest reason[...]

You know, there is this red cape that really works.

no offense but it works and breaks usually before it can work.. broke 5?(1 borrowed) in like ~10 mins in nc arena ... its not that they dont work its the lack of staying on your back that is a problem

no offense but it works and breaks usually before it can work.. broke 5?(1 borrowed) in like ~10 mins in nc arena ... its not that they dont work its the lack of staying on your back that is a problem

Really? When was that?

i go pk from time to time ..... some times i spend a lot of time in pk maps :P

i guess removing rostos and brod will not make every 1 go to kf without fearing to lose there stuff , even ppl with low price armor r afraid to die too , and the "points or frags sugestion" that if u kill , u get a point ,can be abused easy

so i guess the best suggestion to make pk more popular is as ohmygod said .... reduce the price of rosto ...

like the rosto now is 16kgc .... if it is 5~1kgc am sure that every one "with low a/d" that worked hard to buy his col/plate/cape want to use it ..... so going to pk contest / invasions / training with col&nmt will be not as expensive as when u lose 16kgc .....

am sure that u will find ppl with 30~40 a/d that have full tit & col & nmt or whatever .... all from alc/harvest/other skill ..... they will not go to pk maps without a rosto ...

@ least , if rosto price cant lower down for a reson , make anouther version of it ..... that are cheap , but have some disadvanteges , like it protect equipd things only or so ...

long post , but i hope radu read it :icon13:

FMA

pk is dead for many reasons. mostly b/c players started to train way to much and alot of others reason such as brod, and high lvl armors that r expencive to buy for pk ( and also to maintain). IMO a pk event every weekend (sat or sun when most players r online) would bring together alot of the pkers. pkers could train during the week, make gc to buy armor, or w/e, and then get out all there pk aggression in 1 huge massive pk event. pk now adays is not about drops or profit, its about fun and unleasing all the grueling hours of training that players have done. just my 2 cents on the whole subject. not much that can be done to make players pk more so why not host a pk event every weekend for players to "show what they got". I also understand that some low lvl fighters wont even bother to attend the pk event since they stand no chance so..... why not make a few pk events for diffrent lvls. I remember the mortos race whree there were many classes to compete in. we have so many pk maps that r rarley used. each class or categorly of fighters could report to a specific pk map and have there own indevidual competion. we have plently of mods to run this type of event. just an idea that i think many players will enjoy.

so i guess the best suggestion to make pk more popular is as ohmygod said .... reduce the price of rosto ...

like the rosto now is 16kgc .... if it is 5~1kgc am sure that every one "with low a/d" that worked hard to buy his col/plate/cape want to use it ..... so going to pk contest / invasions / training with col&nmt will be not as expensive as when u lose 16kgc .....

Yeah, but it won't increase your proffits from PKing.

Maybe rosto should only decrease the chance to drop item. Now it's 50% per item (afaik), and this could be changed to 5% i.e. A really low chance, but still, somebody will drop something from time to time, and there still be a reason to carry the rosto with you. Of course the price of the rosto should be decreased too.

Edited by BloodSucker

Really? When was that?

fuck if i know, im not good at remembering dates and times, like 3-4 weeks ago maybe, the guy kept trying to pull a branch so when i was down to the last one i had to switch back n forth when he switched back n forth from weapon to branch

doesnt god know all n see all lol :hug:

Maybe rosto should only decrease the chance to drop item. Now it's 50% per item (afaik), and this could be changed to 5% i.e. A really low chance, but still, somebody will drop something from time to time, and there still be a reason to carry the rosto with you. Of course the price of the rosto should be decreased too.

well i guess he was refferring to the ones that pk outta fun and not for drops actually..

For higher lvls (and even as a mid lvl char) you can make enough gc outta monster drops.

For me its just the competition and the fun that counts.

well i guess he was refferring to the ones that pk outta fun and not for drops actually..

For higher lvls (and even as a mid lvl char) you can make enough gc outta monster drops.

Yup, but PK can be both, fun and income.

Yup, but PK can be both, fun and income.

if pk is fun only ... no income ... no prblem for me" @ least" ... as Scorpius said , its just the comptition that really matter ... but it consum a lot of income (diss/tele/essence/breaking armor/summon , and the main thing .. the rosto ) .... so i dont want it to be 4 making money .... but also i dont want to lose a lot of money on rostos .

even if u protect 200kgc of armor/weapon ...16kgc is too much if u want some 1 to pk daily ... or more offten .

edit: typo

Edited by fullmetal_aj

fuck if i know, im not good at remembering dates and times, like 3-4 weeks ago maybe, the guy kept trying to pull a branch so when i was down to the last one i had to switch back n forth when he switched back n forth from weapon to branch

doesnt god know all n see all lol :hug:

Oh, the language. Oh my fucking ears.

Anyway, here are some stats:

Cape of The Unbreakable, 184, 1, 0.54, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 12, 0, 0.00, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 110, 1, 0.91, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 349, 2, 0.57, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 277, 4, 1.44, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 726, 2, 0.28, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 390, 3, 0.77, 0.80

Cape of The Unbreakable, 220, 0, 0.00, 0.80

First number is the number of hit,s the second number is the number of breaks, then we have the precent they break, then, finally, the rate it should break.

I thought about another reason:

High level monsters in KF.

I didn't like the ogre introduced to kf, it made it less accesible to really low-level players. Now we have there fluffies and chims.

I understand that maybe their purpose is to entertain the people who enter kf and find out there's no other player to kill.

Maybe it was meant as a nice place to train, close to storage, but with some risk from pkers, however people who go there to train on rabbits, will be killed by chimmies.

Today, I dont visit kf much, so I'm not sure if people train there, but it's harder to make a run through kf to have all the pkers chase you from votd entrance to skf or dp entrance, or to stand somwhere in the middle of the map to wait for a passing newbie.

too many guilds with allies, no1 dare to declare war to stronger guilds for some fun

only people like pkg,co,old viking and hc did :hug:

I thought about another reason:

High level monsters in KF.

I didn't like the ogre introduced to kf, it made it less accesible to really low-level players. Now we have there fluffies and chims.

I understand that maybe their purpose is to entertain the people who enter kf and find out there's no other player to kill.

Maybe it was meant as a nice place to train, close to storage, but with some risk from pkers, however people who go there to train on rabbits, will be killed by chimmies.

Today, I dont visit kf much, so I'm not sure if people train there, but it's harder to make a run through kf to have all the pkers chase you from votd entrance to skf or dp entrance, or to stand somwhere in the middle of the map to wait for a passing newbie.

I hope you know that there are many other PK maps, some without high level monsters.