Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ambrosius

Why dont people PK anymore?

Im wondering why PK is so dead nowadays.....so ppl....post the reason why you dont PK here.

I can think of different reasons:

-cuz of costs (essence /srs / rings / red cape / armours / rost).

-cuz of Brod

-too busy training to get decent lvls so you can do some damage on PK**

-nobody there when you make PK round

-etc, etc

**you need a lot more lvls now then for example a year ago...top 30 started at maybe 80-90 a/d back then.

Im sure i missed reasons...so post em here.

Only serious answers with some explenation plx.

Ill go first:

I do go PKing...i mostly make a PK round every day....but mostly its dead. I make round....and when nobody there i go back to training or other stuff.

So reason for me: nobody there when i make PK round.

Probably cos of the costs of when you lose out without rost, and then the fact that the rosts have killed a main reason for pking - to get items.

Tbh, I don't pk but that's what I could think of.

Every time I go to PK areas, I either don't meet anyone, or I get killed because there's someone stronger or just better. Actually I don't think I can level up quickly enough to catch up with most pkers.

PS. I could imagine that some people don't pk becase there is a complicated structure of allies/non-attack pacts... however it is not my reason of not going to pk.

I haven't PKed in ages ^^

The original reason had to do with certain diplomacies and stuff... Then I joined a non-PK guild so I don't PK anymore naturally :D

But if I was in a PK guild, I'd have to train non stop for a couple months to get a decent A/D. I am almost 70s (D is above, A isn't), and that is a lot higher than my cousin's A/D when I started playing (50s). He was a good PKer afaik, and I thought I would be one too if I got stats like that. Now I'm higher, but I can't do a thing.

The reason I don't PK, except from my original reasons and the fact that I'm in a non-PK guild, is because the fighters are all too high lvled :P

PS: I just want to add that there are always PKers in DP arena. frikkin lame!!! When I pass, there are always people above 40s with TS pots. They have lots higher P/C + high magic level + heavy equipment. This as a side note.

EDIT: aw small typo >.<

Edited by Cyprom

The reason i don't PK much:

There is nothing to gain, only to lose. Without a CoL and some decent equipment you cant make a kill. But when you got that in your inventory, you are not gonna risk PKing without rostogol stone. Everybody thinks that way, so everybody takes a rosto along. The best you can get out of PKing is not losing your own rosto. Especially with all the new cooldown weapons and monsters, you cant always flee with dis/ring. So you cant really risk going without a rosto.

I do go sometimes without rosto, but then without CoL and fancy armors and weapon. Then it's really hard to win a fight even against someone 30 levels below you. And even if you win, you gain nothing.

Except for some fun of course, thats the only reason i do it.

No drop or no break day are fun days for PKing, untill some people show up with BroDs to spoil the fun for everyone.

That about sums it up for me.

Nidan has some good points there^^

My opinion: cost

Some items in game, needed for pk, are too valuable. For example, pr0 figher even without some special armors, wears gear worth for at least 300kgc and how much time is needed for that? count on harvesting or anything, that is minimum of few weeks playing. And in few seconds he can loose all. One part broken is bad, rosts are also expensive. So what then: Lets go back to ordinary life, blue lupines or figting or anything.

So pk is like weekend alcoholism :P work work work, have a little fun, work work work (some really short weekends)

I know its NEVER going to happen but would be nice if all the PKers got together and decided right " we are only going to go and pk in iron plate and serp " no need for rosto ,no losing expensive items if you die. in effect make Pk cheaper then a lot more people would PK.

I know it wont happen because you will always get someone come along in full tit armour ,thermal serp etc to spoil for fun for the majority

Since time i got back im on pk maps at least 5h/day, sometimes even 10h+/day. Im not talking about some well hidden c2 maps or guild maps, but about kf and other c1 maps where ppl should be seen :P

Not many ppl seen there.

Reasons why i dont pk much:

1) cost( no need 2 explain it)

2) im weak now( p40c40 only)

3) many friendly tags or ppl with normal tags that i know and i would feel bad 2 pk them :D

I checked also dp arena, some nice PKing goes there. U can get a lot more profit from PK at dp arena with 35a/d char than with 130a/d chars on other maps. Just my observation :D

eMPi

<-------------- Too busy with killing yeti's/pvp :P After 2-3 runs i am too tired to go pk. Also i alch/pot a lot last days, it gives me much more profit than pk maps.

Edited by Szatan

I'm not a fighter but some of the reasons I've heard are:

- Level differences make it hard to stand a chance against higher level players

- Summons (both from a summoner and via a summoning stone) can create an invincible army in seconds

- BroD

- Ro Stone (no drops)

- If you go in with decent items (i.e. tit chain, steel shield etc) someone comes in with uber armor and kills you

- If you enter with uber items there is the threat of losing the uber items unless you have expensive Ro Stone

- Lack of honor among some players (attacked with out provocation)

- Pick Points (well rounded characters don't have the ability to load up in P/C to stand toe-to-toe with true fighters)

(I'm sure I didn't cover everything, just the most common complaints I hear)

First of all, I don't play almost at all lately, mostly because I'm too busy and don't have too much free time but as soon as I finish all stuff connected with my uni I hope I will come back to EL.

But generally when I play, I don't go PK so much as before mostly because of reasons given by people above. Imo it's now a waste of time for me: It takes me some time to equip everything, I need so many capes, potions, esses, weapons etc and when I'm ready and sure that I have all I need, rosto etc, I visit pk maps where I see nobody... I remember there were times when I was walking with Dushan through ALL c1 and c2 pk maps and we couldn't fine anybody (sic!), even kf and dp arena were also *so crowded*. So after a pk round like that I'm usually frustrated and think that there is no sense in wasting my time when it's hard to find someone and when sometimes I am lucky I have 1-2 quick fights and that's all (which are not worth siting and waiting). I rather prefer to do something else like training.

Another reason: except fun and satisfaction I don't have any profits, I only lose my esses and can lose my stuff when some maniac with brod jumps in. But I even wouldnt care with that matter if there were more/some people to pk. We all know, now many cool fights are only on no drop.

I usually go pking only if i find out that enemy is on pk map :D other than that, not so much cause most of the time pk maps are dead and no ppl to fight.

I don't pk coz .. actually I blame Atmos, he left just after he promissed to teach me (bad bad boy), so I am a newbie in pking.

Kf was full every night before than came -rostogals,cooldown,brod,mana rings,magic armor/swords

+atm nearly all strong friendly/allied vs pkg so noone who u can fight ambro

such simply...wonder why u ask

Kf was full every night before than came -rostogals,cooldown,brod,mana rings,magic armor/swords

+atm nearly all strong friendly/allied vs pkg so noone who u can fight ambro

such simply...wonder why u ask

LOL im not talking bout only top 30 fighters..was talking bout all fighters...both low lvl and high lvl.

I anaylized this problem for a very long time, and I am not even sure it is a problem per se. It's like saying that there is a problem when there is too much peace IRL.

I think most people don't PK anymore for the following reasons:

1. A lot of high level monsters to train on.

2. They are afraid of other players (no one wants to lose their items)

3. No direct proffit.

The first two points are hard to address, and I am not even sure I want to address them.

For point 3, I have a few ideas, some even implemented (needing to go through a PK map to harvest hydrogenium, free mercury in KF).

The hydrogenium thing doesn't generate much PKing, but the mercury does (a lot of people die there).

I even added the guild war thingy, with the top frags, but it seems this is not very used at the moment either (only a few guilds that declare war at eachother).

Like I said, I don't think that the lack of PKing is necesary a bad thing, there are a lot of things to do in the game. Mufossa for example, one of the top PKers/fighters in the game decided recently that other aspects of the game are fun too, and now he is doing harvesting, manufacturing, etc.

However, there will be some new PK contests in the game that will stimulate the PKing for some short intervals.

Now, if someone has pertinent, implementable ideas to make people PK more, I am all ears, however ommit the "remove rostogol stones and BroDs", they are here to stay.

Ambro, please don't create these threads, I'll give it another page before it goes to a whine-whine-cry-cry topic about how PKing sucks by rostogols, brods, blablabla. I really wonder why you guys keep doing topics like these..

I think that you, Ambro, already knew the biggest reasons people would give anyway, your initial post shows that. So I don't get the point of this topic.

Besides, is it really that hard to have a little fun ingame without complaining here every couple weeks/months?

-Blee

Ambro, please don't create these threads, I'll give it another page before it goes to a whine-whine-cry-cry topic about how PKing sucks by rostogols, brods, blablabla. I really wonder why you guys keep doing topics like these..

I think that you, Ambro, already knew the biggest reasons people would give anyway, your initial post shows that. So I don't get the point of this topic.

Besides, is it really that hard to have a little fun ingame without complaining here every couple weeks/months?

-Blee

Well, if you read my starting post you see i dont complain there. I just want to know why ppl dont PK much anymore.....to see what is the MAIN reason.....and then.....maybe.....there can be smth done about it :D

Edited by Ambrosius

LOL im not talking bout only top 30 fighters..was talking bout all fighters...both low lvl and high lvl.

Yup me too..all were fighting before....(u dont know cause u wasnt in game yet)

Edited by Matess

-Blee

The only person so far who is whining and complaining in this topic is you. :icon13: And yes, we need such a topic. I was also thinking about starting the same discussion on forum, without bitching when all people would really think why we stopped/we dont go to pk maps so often as before and how to change it. If you don't care about it, you don't have to read it but plx let others talk about that matter, kk?

And like I said, my MAIN reason which discourages me the most is emptiness in pk maps and then goes other aspects. If a problem with lack of drops/profits and brods was my biggest reason I woudn't even spend so many hours on no drop day losing many esses, pots and rings just for fun.

Because when everyone was pking a long time ago the best thing was iron plate (which isnt to expspensive to get if you lose it) and a thermal serp(hardly used in pk). But now there's to much to lose during pking and most of the people who did nothing but pk all day were either banned or quit.

edit: and when most people went to pk they usually just used basic training gear

-steel shield

-steel chain

-iron helmet

-leather pants and boot

-tit long or serp

Edited by Halakermaker

Reasons why i don't pk anymore:

even though my lvls are mid 70's i honestly do not have a chance with all the fancy stuff floating around, and rost stones are just too expensive. even if i wear my best armor and best weapon, i still get killed anyway because i get double teamed by ppl who are like in their 80's+ :P

Do I think there is anything that can be changed in order to fix this?

No. I personally do not see any solutions at the time being.

PKing will most likely stay the way it is unless something miraculous happens.