Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sirdan

cape movement!

capes sway in the breeze?  

1. 1. capes sway in the breeze?

• hey thats a great idea!
    • nah i dont like it

i got a idea that might be a good one! how about all of the capes sway alitle in the breeze. but i dont know how hard it would be to do it would sure look cool (in houses it wouldent sway)

its more realistic

If that was implimented we would have to have trees moving in the wind aswell and stuff, good idea but i think the modeling would be hard

you make a good point the trees and shop flag thingies will need to move to i guess but it would look so friken cool only game i noticed wind was on the GTA 3 and vc games (the new GTA is coming its san andreas out this fal!!!)

i spose its up to roja if she wants to add it (GTA: san andreas is comming October 22 in england and it will be a PS2 title) :D

it would look cool tho

i hope roja will do it

the trees only need to sway a tiny bit like under light wind conditions

maby u can turn it on and off? that would be nice but i cant see how it would effect fps (but im stupid)

id have to say ABSOLUTLEY NOT. This would lag the server SO MUCH that people suchs as Hazor with 2 fps around water, lag out every5 seconds, its a good idea in theory, but it would have drastic effects on maybe half of the EL community

id have to say ABSOLUTLEY NOT. This would lag the server SO MUCH that people suchs as Hazor with 2 fps around water, lag out every5 seconds, its a good idea in theory, but it would have drastic effects on maybe half of the EL community

Eh? Lag the server? Nah. The graphics are done solemly on the clientside - no traffic for that (at least, only traffic for graphics would be where the players/bunnies are, but the calculations for the graphic are done clientside n e way - or at least, they should be done only there :P)

It would take down FPS on lots of comps I guess, so a turn it on/off button would be nice.

I think that it should be normally off, with an option to turn it on in ELconfig and the options window. This would probably be mainly for the people with better computers..

ANYBODY running a card with hardware transform and lighting will have very little-no extra stress on an idle animation like that.. I'm pretty sure every card since the TNT has it

If it was automatically on, it could turn off when people have low fps. like shadows