Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vormavius

Cave of the deads

I dont know if u will like the idea, or if its easy to implement, here we go:

Its a small cave (pk area?) where some red name monsters spawns. It could be fixed monsters or completely random (i.e. from trolls to giants/ac/yeti/mc). Red Name like on invasion, so all of them will attack you.

It could be more weak/mid levels monsters or few strong ones.

Thats my idea :)

Btw, the name of the cave is because once u enter u cannot exit, no beam and no tele. There is only one way to get out there...

Wow i really like this idea, maybe have different caves within the cave of the dead for different leveled monsters. You go in and at first theres tons of wolf and deer and stuff, next is gobs and gargs, then orcs, then chims and fluffies ect... Mayb even a dragon at the end... And the only way to exit is to get to the very end past everything or dieing.

I like the idea but I think you should be able to diss and teleport out or use a ring. And I think there should be a special prize a NPC gives you if you kill everything. Also they should have different caves for different level players.

This is about a very old question: gc/drop or experience.

a place with lot of monster can give u change of more exp (if u can survive all atacks), but u have no guarantee of keeping the drops

this might just work.. if you can stand the monsters long enough to get the rosto money from drops.. you know..

k i change my opinion because of post below :-P

Edited by maximos

Idea isnt bad itself but:

1) ppl will get very high exp being afk

2) ppl will get nice drops

3) even if they r not afk, training will be too easy( 7 fluffies at the same time gives nice drops +better exp than yeti and is weaker+ they att u so: u dont need to click on them and dont need to pay a lot of attention on ur health to cast restore )

Why u think monsters have ignore lvl? There is a reason for it, so ppl wont get afk a/d/oa exp.

eMPi

Yes, really empi, thats why should have "critical randoms spawns".

In a cave with fluffies, could spawn some stronger monster as Montain chimmie/yeti or so.

This would be more a challenge than xp earning.

Or like was posted above, monster could upgrade each determinate number of respawns (not more than 10 minutes each monster).

But I dont know, perhaps too complicated to be programmed :icon13:

I like this idea. Especially if it would include the suggestion above with different level monsters in different caves. It would have to be non-pk, so some high level fighter doesn't come and pk you for your st00f. I think the idea of having invasion monsters spawn here is good also.

Or a mechanism like dp arena and naralik catacomb arena, where u cant enter based on your a/d in determined caves. That would avoid "afk training" if ppl plan to go to easier spawn

all this is nice, but what u think in that pk area, when ppl stat fighting eachother, when some1 dies, he teleport to the entrance of cave with full health and none lost stuff? that would be crazy exp belive me :)

and if its multi-combat... full hit :)

cya

-boca :P

Well if you want to test your a/d why does it need to give exp

Guest Onasi

I agree with that, why not make it so that you can check to see if you can kill something without having to try to kill the real thing

you will get no exp and you will not lose anything if you die

I agree with that, why not make it so that you can check to see if you can kill something without having to try to kill the real thing

you will get no exp and you will not lose anything if you die

I disagree with this.

Part of the fun of working your way up through critters and monsters is trying to decide when to risk the next level. Perhaps you get a friend/guild-mate to come watch your back. Perhaps you leave everything you can in storage so if it's to strong for you the loss is small. But it's always exciting when you try something new for the frist time.

Removing that risk in moving up the a/d scale would remove some of the heart of the game.

No exp but chance of dropping items sound good.

maybe as you get further in the caves there will be things like heat damage and such.

-5 a/d

every monster you slain you lose 10health points

maybe if the cave has a viewing spot for others to walk across...