Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Consolidating the bots location

How about no? A lot of bots are in prime locations and make a profit, why should they all be stuck on their own map with a fee to get there?

What next? Stick them all on channel 826326349 with a fee of 10k to join that channel for players? I'll tell you what, if you don't want to use the "dang bots" feel free to pm me and I'll happily add you to my bot ignore lists, and pass on your request to all the other bot owners.

thats not what i meant, sorry, i happen to like the bots, and dont mind seeing them on market channel, just forget my suggestion, it was retarded anyways.

~edit~

for me, 'dang' is not always necessarily a bad expletitive.

Edited by LaNora

Ok, 3 space left. Any volunteers?
I'll want to have a quick look at the area first, but I think it likely I'll want to move vakana there (which I can do myself with your permission, if you prefer, since I'll need to update some other stuff at the same time anyway)

ed: okay, I'll bite, can I move vakana to the other side of Dan's stalls?

You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [109,697]
Edited by ttlanhil

Once these stalls are filled up, Anitora is a great spot for a "market district". The whole island is one big merchant island.

okay, I'll bite, can I move vakana to the other side of Dan's stalls?

You are in White Stone - You're in White Stone City [109,697]

Ok, but no trading with the NPCs!

Ok, but no trading with the NPCs!
considering I don't want vakana locked, I'm assuming you'd easily be able to find out (if not, don't say otherwise), and that it'd serve little purpose (except as a workaround for anti people, which would be an extra rule violation), I don't see myself wanting to spend the time to develop NPC interaction anyway :blink:

(well, unless there's RP conversations with Dan and Mira, etc, but that's ntot he sort of interaction that would be a problem unless it was spammy anyway)

I'll drive vakana over and change the location message shortly. anyone who needs to visit vakana before the move, get in quick! :)

ed: done... forgot I gave vak hellspawn, so it took a bit longer to drive over than expected :P

Edited by ttlanhil

I can understand the idea of using the market places and it seem a great idea

But I would like to keep my Bot where is it

Because the whole Idea of putting Thor Bot where it is in NC (141,10)

Was to bring much needed resources to an area that didn’t have many at that time

It is run at a low profit and has a high turn over and has built up a good regular customers base.

For both normal players and those with the anti social perk.

The main benefit with somewhere like WSC would be being close to Mira where you could run feasting pots from Mira to your Bot and sell to people with anti social perk.

At a slightly higher price (IF THIS IS ALLOUD).

But like others have said it too far from a storage to attract much custom

I Think THOR works so well because its near a storage as like Charn is in DP.

Its easier just to nip out the storage and buy from a Bot then go back, than it is to travel some distance to get your ings.

If there was a storage in WSC this would liven the place up and would then be a great place to Have a Bot .

And as the WS map is so big maybe this is a good idea. (two storages on one map)

Even with a number of bots at one place you still have to pm every one of them to find out what they are buying and selling and what their prices are (and you don't have to hunt them for that at all). Maybe the bot owners in their forum are discussing this already but having one list somewhere on the web that tells customers which bot buys/sells what items would be good, wouldn't need prices (would be nice of course but might encourage price wars) but just so customers know who to pm for the item they want...

I would like start off by stating that I know absolutely nothing about programming and I have no idea if it is even possible, but what if instead of a web page with the bot's list's of items buying/selling we could use something akin to the "@find" command used in irc to find which bot is buying/selling the particular item you wish to buy/sell?

If there was a storage in WSC this would liven the place up and would then be a great place to Have a Bot .

And as the WS map is so big maybe this is a good idea. (two storages on one map)

or just add another TP platform that goes from wsc to near raven. that'd cover the same deal, and no need for another NPC

or just add another TP platform that goes from wsc to near raven. that'd cover the same deal, and no need for another NPC

You got to be kidding.

But the thing is that if you want to get something out of a bot at huge amounts it's a lot of annoying runs (or a bot owner wants to stock his bot)

My bots pretty much take care of themselves - I give stockists a profit, and buyers a potential profit too. Sound business, minimal interaction.

Edit to Cyc's post below:

Exploit local resources - If your bot is near something that sells well on the market channel focus on buying and selling that item. Hundreds of thousands of small (1 gc) sales is better than 50 1k gc sales.

Not everyone can afford the larger items ingame, but if the masses of lower level players can make what they consider good profit for little work they are going to jump at the chance (I speak from experience - from both sides of the fence).

Edited by LabRat

You got to be kidding.
well, I'm not saying they'd be that close. just that another platform to raven would be about as good as a storage NPC in the city