Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Lottery - Week of 2007-01-15

Last week Daxon came up with a VERY popular idea...

I decided that holding a week long contest for the silver ore prize was too long and complicated, so I'll make it simple. The winner of the lottery for this Sunday (January the 14th) will also have 550,000 silver ore tacked onto their prize.

Lunchbox is now the very proud owner of one hell of a lot of gold coin and silver ore.

But there are other reasons to celebrate:

- The CEL website has always monitored how many people visit the site on a daily basis. The number has steadily increased since the site became open to the public. This past Saturday though we hit 1000 users in a single day - a HUGE milestone!

- Gossip joined the players of Eternal Lands and instantly became the most popular player in the game, even going so far as to host several contests by herself. Recently I heard some startling rumors about just how popular she is:

Sunday she received over 3000 PMs (over 250k since she entered Eternal Lands)
She has over 6000 friends
And she has helped over 1000 people find training partners

To celebrate, the guildies of CEL have decided to donate prizes to this week's EL lottery

Full Titanium Plate (Torso, Cuisses, Greaves, Helm, Shield)
3x Body Piercing Cloaks
1x Mirror Coak
Emerald Claymore
Cutlass
Rapier
Steel Chain & Iron Shield
Serpent Stone
2x Binding Stones
1000x Mercury
Crown of Life
Oh, and a Thermal Serpent Sword :P

You ask: "OMG!!!!!~1! How can I play? How can I win? Tell me plz plz plz plz plz"

Answer:

1 - Stop being annoying. Lots of exclamation marks and "plz" will get you nowhere.

2 - Visit NPC Tombolarul in Grahms Village outside the tavern

3 - Buy a lottery ticket (5000gc each)

4 - Each ticket increases your odds of winning

5 - Go to Step 3

6 - You skipped Step 5, didn't you? *sigh* It was to be expected I guess

7 - Wait until Sunday. There's no set time, but at some point in the day the lottery winner will be announced. Until it is announced you can buy tickets. If you already bought one, buy another (see Step 3)

8 - Did I mention Step 3? You understand for every ticket you buy you increase the size of the pot right? And if you want to win a lot, then buy more tickets!!!!!!~1!

9 - Damn... ignore the exclamation remarks. I'm a n00b :evilgrin:

Edited by Ghrae

The gambling was already there. All you/Ghrae do is create an intial jackpot, so that people have reason to go buy tickets, then the gc jackpot actually grows. If the RL lottery started at 0$, would people buy tickets? :P

omg! roflolol didnt read all post but i want win!!!! rofolllollol your post is 2 long d00de so how i win....plzzz!!!!

Ah ok, i read it now. Guess i will buy a ticket then. :P

Offtopic: Since EL is played by many people that don't live in US/Canada the dates written as mm/dd/yy (in this case it's easy to recognize because we don't have 15 months) are confusing.

I suggest changing the topic title, and writing all future date in this format:

YYYY-MM-DD

http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3339#section-5.6

Offtopic: Since EL is played by many people that don't live in US/Canada the dates written as mm/dd/yy (in this case it's easy to recognize because we don't have 15 months) are confusing.

YYYY-MM-DD

http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3339#section-5.6

Those are a couple official norms Wexy, but not so very important. In my opinion anyway.

Oh btw, Ghrae I got a problem. I go to step 3, buy ticket, then get to step 5 and am told to go back to step 3. I somehow can't manage to get on? Should I ask Anshar to h4x this for me? Or can I ask you some cheats?

I'll just go buy a ticket maybe... ;)

-Blee

YYYY-MM-DD

Done

Oh btw, Ghrae I got a problem. I go to step 3, buy ticket, then get to step 5 and am told to go back to step 3. I somehow can't manage to get on? Should I ask Anshar to h4x this for me? Or can I ask you some cheats?

I'll just go buy a ticket maybe... :)

-Blee

Stuck on 3? Hmmm... well, just keep following the rules. I should have sometime next Monday to figure out why you keep getting sent back to 3. Until have fun :)

Ghrae is too stupid, he can not even write down a simple procedure..

Thats what it should be or you wont benefit from the whole mess! :)

1 - Stop being annoying. Lots of exclamation marks and "plz" will get you nowhere.

2 - Visit NPC Tombolarul in Grahms Village outside the tavern

3 - Give 5000 gc each to Ghrae and The_Piper

4 - Each ticket increases your odds of winning

5 - Go to Step 3

6 - You skipped Step 5, didn't you? *sigh* It was to be expected I guess

7 - Wait until Sunday. There's no set time, but at some point in the day the lottery winner will be announced. Until it is announced you can buy tickets. If you already bought one, buy another (see Step 3)

8 - Did I mention Step 3? You understand for every ticket you buy you increase the size of the pot right? And if you want to win a lot, then buy more tickets!!!!!!~1!

9 - Damn... ignore the exclamation remarks. I'm a n00b :(

And yes, thanks for changing the date to that format, we all should use it to avoit confusion :)

Piper

How is the winner notified in case he/she is not online when the drawing takes place? How do you claim your prize in the unlikely event that you actually win? How long do you have to claim the prize (in the even more unlikely event that you not only win, but also go on a trip where you can't access the Internet for a day or two - and yes, there are plenty of places around the world where Internet access is not ubiquitous)? Or do I need to buy a ticket to get answers to these questions?

lilbear

You have a week to claim your prizes or else they roll over to the next week's prize.

Rumor has it that if you are nice and ask Gossip about "lottery" she will tell you who won even if you're not online :)

CEL guildies have stepped up once again

The prize has been increased by:

1 Body Piercing Cloak

1 Mirror Cloak

1 Rapier

1000 Mercury

Don't forget Step #3 :P

How is the winner notified in case he/she is not online when the drawing takes place?
Gossip will tell you.
How do you claim your prize in the unlikely event that you actually win?
Go to the NPC for the gc, and to Ghrae (or whoever PMs you telling you to get the stuff) for the other things.
How long do you have to claim the prize
7 days, then it goes to the next pot.
(in the even more unlikely event that you not only win, but also go on a trip where you can't access the Internet for a day or two - and yes, there are plenty of places around the world where Internet access is not ubiquitous)?
Again, you have seven days I believe.
Or do I need to buy a ticket to get answers to these questions?
No.

im spending my hard earned ogre money on the tickets ^^

so every time i train.. after train i go to npc and spend 5k ^^

5 tickets so far lol