Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mariws

Special stones

I don't really know if this topic has been discussed before, but I do know I've searched a lot and didn't find one to answer these questions:

1. Is the probability of finding stones like serpent, binding, enrichment or rostogol known?

2. Is the probability higher to find one during the first 120 harvests you get experience on?

I know it's supossed to be a random event. If this is trully the case, ignore my first question and answer the second one! :evilgrin: Thanks in advance!

When did you get the most stones? (at the beginning of the hour, when you were alone .... )

Edited by Mariws

I don't really know if this topic has been discussed before, but I do know I've searched a lot and didn't find one to answer these questions:

1. Is the probability of finding stones like serpent, binding, enrichment or rostogol known?

2. Is the probability higher to find one during the first 120 harvests you get experience on?

I know it's supossed to be a random event. If this is trully the case, ignore my first question and answer the second one! ;) Thanks in advance!

It is random, but exactly that would make the answer to your first question interesting because the event has a certain probability :evilgrin:

So, as far as I know:

1.) yes, at least Entropy knows it

2.) no, that wouldn't make sense

The higher the level of a harvest is, the more chance you have on a random event, so more chance to find a special stone *I think* But the higher your harvest level gets, the lesser events will happens *I think again :evilgrin:*

As your harv level goes higher, you get less random events, but I think that the level does not effect the finding of stones.

Ugh, all i know is that it's pretty rare to get a stone, I havn't gotten a stone in about 33.9k sulphur, 21.2k iron ore, 8.3k silver ore, and 3.5k coal.

The harvesting level (of the harvester or of the resource) has nothing to do with it. What has to do with it is the chance of each resource to produce a random event. Of course, only mineral resources will produce a special stone, harvesting flowers won't.

Some resources have a higher chance than others to trigger random events. However, keep in mind that the random events can be good or bad.

So when everyone goes running to the mines during increased harv events day, they're right. I'm assuming the chances are doubled on those days, as many other special days seem to double or reduce odds by a factor of 2.

Then again, most of what players say in-game about odds fits the category of EL-lore, kinda like fishing or hunting tips in RL. :P

Then I guess coal and sapphires have a high chance to trigger events :P (Because I found most stones in sapphires and coal :P)

hmmm...

I just finished researching sapphire mining. Let's try it out. I am level 41 harvester and have never found a special stone.

Morath Veroll

i found 2 binding stones in 100k coal. So the chances really arent that good :P

Hmm, i might have found a serpent stone too...

On sulfur i found nothing after about 60k. But chances on random events are pretty low on sulfur anyway

I have mined approx 100k sulphur, approx 10k coal and approx 10k siler ore and nada on the special stones. Just not very lucky I guess.

I will keep trying though. I am going to start mining some sapphires. :P

I only found 1 serp stone at tit mining, and im lvl 45 harvesting, and i harved pretty much tit (not sure how much)

so titanium isnt really good, but i guess if you mined 100k tit that you are sure you got at least 1 special stone (go for it!!! ;))

EDIT just found a binding stone XD

Edited by Stardark

160K coal - 3 rosts - 5 binding - 2 enrich

Strange thing is 3 of the binding came withing 400 harvests in 1 game hour!

40k silver - 1 rost

20k gypsum - 1 binding

It certainly is random - but I have found crossing your fingers helps a lot!

So I would certainly go with the coal is the thing to find stuff premise.

Rr.

I only ever found 2 rosts in about a year of playing...both from blue quartz.

I also a few other 'minor' stones here and there from silver and sulphur. But IIRC, all I ever got from iron was radon pouches, cavern walls and a few lousy bags of gold. ;)

I found 2 binding stones both in no more than 5k iron ore, but not in the same day. And 1 rostogol stone in 400 gold ore! Since then I've harvested around 10k iron ore, 5k silver, 5k coal, 5k sulfur and 2k gold ore but nothing! When I was training in the titanium caves in PL I had the honour of watching a guy (don't remember his name) that found 3 binding stones in like 30 seconds! How is this possible? It should have been me ;)

Hmm, I think I have done ~40k Silver, and I got, 2 Rost, 1 E.Stone and 2 Bindings - I have alos done loads of Coal, Iron Sulfur and never really got much form those, if any stones. I got 2 B.Stones from Coal, thats all I can remember.

#Edit - Spelling of 'Cola' ;)

Edited by Chosen

Hmm, I think I have done ~40k Silver, and I got, 2 Rost, 1 E.Stone and 2 Bindings - I have alos done loads of Cola, Iron Sulfur and never really got much form those, if any stones. I got 2 B.Stones from Coal, thats all I can remember.
You mine Cola? ;)

The devs must be even more ingenious than I thought! :o

Hmm, I think I have done ~40k Silver, and I got, 2 Rost, 1 E.Stone and 2 Bindings - I have alos done loads of Cola, Iron Sulfur and never really got much form those, if any stones. I got 2 B.Stones from Coal, thats all I can remember.
You mine Cola? ;)

The devs must be even more ingenious than I thought! :o

LOL! My bad :D

Strange thing is 3 of the binding came withing 400 harvests in 1 game hour!

When I was training in the titanium caves in PL I had the honour of watching a guy (don't remember his name) that found 3 binding stones in like 30 seconds! How is this possible? It should have been me :icon13:

Same thing happened to me a while ago. I had 3 bindings from coal in the same hour :D

I guess Bindings live in groups of 3 ^^

1 serp stone, 1 binding stone, 1 rost, all from the same 20k iron ore i mined for CoL :D

i find i get a lucky feeling like 1 min before i find the stone, this happen to anyone else?? :icon13:

~1st

::EDIT:: smilies

Edited by 1st Warrior

While reading this thread i got 2 teleports, 2 MN and 1 radon pouch, but no stones. :icon13:

Ohh i was harvesting coal

Edited by Gruby_M