Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

harvest of sorrows

Do we get a med soon that takes away the negative effect of being anti-social? I would like free pp too :)

Like the med gives you so much charm that the npc wants to trade with you? :pickaxe:

Edited by Cycloonx

Well if I may add something.. Entropy I hope that the price of this new anti-hellspawn med will be directly proportional to 10 pps from hellspawn perk and won't drop.

ummm lets say a matter conglomerate will cost at its stable price 800gc, then an amulet containing a seridium bar can be made for 5-5.5k once the investment is paid for. All in all, if helspawners will use them a lot at that price, this would put another nice sink on alchemy labor. Not too problematic, unless you consider ring of VOTD also as 'too good' because it helps move without hellspawning :pickaxe:

There is also another positive thing in this perk.

If some" wanna be-pr0s" will take it and do their usually afk-harvest, we will have some nice drops :pickaxe:

So not only 5 pp, but also kf more crowled=more chances for drops=more phun^^

eMPi

Well if I may add something.. Entropy I hope that the price of this new anti-hellspawn med will be directly proportional to 10 pps from hellspawn perk and won't drop.

The cost is market driven, as you can't buy it or it's ingredients from an NPC.

And isn't that the idea?

I don't want a game where everyone is equal.

What I want is a game where everything is fair, and everyone can, with the same amount of work, take that perk if they want to.

Its an eye opener to see how the list of possitive perks breaks down into who they benifit the most:

General ( Effects all types of players)

Powersaving,monster magnetism,carful guy.(3)

Harvesters

Excavator (1)

Summoners

Conjurer (1)

Alch/Manu:

Artificer (1)

Fighting/combat:

Fast Regen,Self Descruct,Evanescence,No more tears,Body piercing,Fatal man,Glow in the dark,There is no fork,Mirror skin (9)

Yes a lot of these perks can be mixed and matched but I was just listing what aspects they were aimed at .

I hear loads of talk about a classless game but if we are honest isnt it biased towards Fighter/combat ?

I hear loads of talk about a classless game but if we are honest isnt it biased towards Fighter/combat ?

Yeah, which explains why all the PK map and monster spawns are so crowded, while the mines and storages are empty.

And isn't that the idea?

What I want is a game where everything is fair, and everyone can, with the same amount of work, take that perk if they want to.

hehe biased... yes fighters have many capes and goodies to buy... but what can we make?? the bias is just as much in the favor of the opther skills because those people who have levelled them can make money off their skill.

Yeah, which explains why all the PK map and monster spawns are so crowded, while the mines and storages are empty.

I take that as sarcasm so fare play lol (think the only time ive seen an empty store is after server restart,spawns empty not often on C1, PK maps empty thats a diff issue .PKing is deadish not because of the lack of fighter perks but various other issues)

And isn't that the idea?

hehe biased... yes fighters have many capes and goodies to buy... but what can we make?? the bias is just as much in the favor of the opther skills because those people who have levelled them can make money off their skill.

The post was based on the perks and what skills/classes they were aimed to benefit.Just in my humble opinion in a truely classless game where everything is fair (to quote Ent) then the list of possitive perks would be spread equaly amongst all the skills .

If people think this is bitching then im sorry, just dicussing and would like to know others opinions.

Edit: I appreciate its a tough task and a very fine line between a classlass game and a non-classlass game and my hat goes off to the DEV's and there hard work

Edit 2: Ive said before and will say again I love the fact that the game is classless and im not restricted to what I can or cannot do but im sure a lot of people specalize in what they do Alch,Harv,Craft,Fighting and having a fare number of perks for each skill both possitive and negative would give the players an option if they wanted it, to become a class .Just my thoughts are (and maybe wrongly) that as a class fighters are catered for more than others in there perks.If someone doesnt want to be a fighter and many dont then they are limited in the possitive perks that help them in there chosen goal .

Edit 3 : Had it quite rightly pointed out to me in pm by a fellow guildee that Pker/fighter buying things from EL shop are one of the reasons the game has been able to be kept free.Totally agree and thanks to them.

But that is all down to lack of options in the shop. im sure if items were sold that benefited other skills the effect would be the same .( even something as simple as a special pick for $3 that gave harv 3x the xp )

( thats a topic for differant post sorry )

(waits for everyone to flame and disagree :happy: )

Edited by conavar

What MMO game isn't fighting-oriented, apart from actual life games? If you don't like it, go play Second Life.

Lmao . Who ever said about not liking the game ?

Sorry for wanting to have an adult discussion about things and thanx for your adult input Zaf :pirate: made things so much clearer :)

Im quite happy people flaming me and disagreeing with what i say thats the whole point of forums but please back it up with relevant points and not just with "if you dont like it turn off"

Edited by conavar

No, seriously though... what MMO game isn't fighting oriented? That's a serious question that I'd like to get an answer to - if there is one, I'd like to know of it, maybe I can get my dad off my laptop playing DII:LOD and fix him on that :P

And tbh, I kinda agree with you on the lack of options for the non-fighters, the game is described as a game where you can do:

-Fighting

-Harvesting & Manu

-Summoning & Magic

-RP with friends!

It seems to me that it is focused a fair bit on fighting. Maybe this is because the game is not a completed one, Conavar - and I'm going with it :D