Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

guild storage ?

Hi I’m Handyman GM of Thor

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this I have tried emailing ENT

But my question aren’t being answered and I am getting accused of making fun of them

I'm not I want to know where I stand

(1) My guild works a lot together gathering ings and has mixing events we need somewhere to Keep these items I.E like guild storage/ Bank (not a Bot). more like a guild char that has been registered with Ent and paid for the password would be given to a select few from the guild to activate when members need to donate or to remove ings.

The guild char would need access to storage

So what I need to know is this possible or is this against the rules?

If it is possible then how do I go about registering it?

If it’s not possible then what are the alternatives?

(2) Thor guild does have a Trade Bot. I am trying to find out who I need to get permission from to visit NPC’s. it says in Roja’s rule section

9. Commerce bots have to be stationary, with a few exceptions (such as going to the storage every once in a while, or some bots going to resupply, if an exception is made in their case)

If using rings would Thor Bot be allowed to visit NPC in Melinis to stock up on Vials twice a week?

Ok thanks for your time I do apologise if my emails were confusing I hope this is clearer

Ty handyman

My understanding of the rules is that a bot will not be allowed to be located near a storage NPC so your bot will need to travel to and from storage to restock. My impression is that an exception was made for Adarah due to Adarah's owner having made significant contributions to the game.

I believe that those bots that have been allowed to travel to NPCs to restock are also exceptional cases. I wouldn't expect you to get permission to send your bot to an NPC.

It is my belief that Adarah is out of reach of Raven.

The last time I checked, Adarah HAD to be in range of storage to work properly. That is the way she was coded and approved to be used.

My impression is that an exception was made for Adarah due to Adarah's owner having made significant contributions to the game.

I believe that those bots that have been allowed to travel to NPCs to restock are also exceptional cases. I wouldn't expect you to get permission to send your bot to an NPC.

Puntif is correct:

Adarah is allowed 3 trips/week to restock with wine.

Nera is allowed 3 trips/week to restock with thread and leather.

Those are EXCEPTIONS from the rule, because their owners contributed to the game.

All paid bots are allowed to go to the storage 2 times/week.

Please read the bot rules here, which answer your questions.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30163

Guys I appreciate the info but I don’t want this getting off topic

My Bot THOR is not in reach of storage and I’m ok with that

I just wanted to know if I am aloud to take it to Melisis NPC’s twice a week to stock up on Vials

If I need to get permission from Ent

Then please Ent can I have permission

(I have 2 members with nearly 1000 emu so we could run vials but the price would be higher on the Bot)

BUT MY MAIN QUESTION I need answered was the first on my post

GUILD STORAGE

Even the Mod's don’t seem to have a clue about this ( I don’t want that to sound like a dig its just I have been trying to sort this for weeks)

Most guilds train up an ALT the use it as guild storage (to hold ings from guild events or members donations and guilds GC)

Then a member signs in to the ALT when ever it’s needed to hand out ings or to be donated to.

I have been told all guild storages have to be paid for

So this is what I am trying to do, hence my questions.

So what I need to know is this possible or is this against the rules using an alt as guild storage?

If it is possible then how do I go about registering and paying it?

If it’s not possible then what are the alternatives?

Thanks again Handyman

somehow everyone has their wires crossed here, so i will give an example of what handyman meens, part of his post is about our guild bot and you have answered that so np's their, but he is also asking about where we stand as regards a guild charecter (not bot) and we need to know if their is any rules we are breaking by this as we would rather work with you guys to sort this out now instead of finding we broke some rule further down the line.

here is an example

our members all donate animal items and LE and other items required to this charecter then at a later date when we have enough items some of our members are given these items then we make a huge bag with all the items in it and the whole guild has what we call a "summon party" its fun to do and the whole guild benifits as a team, the charecter is simply used to store the donated items while we are ready for the party

another example

our harvest department collects ings and our alchemist makes ings that would then be donated to this charecter, later when we have enough ings for 50 hydro bars we take them out and then handyman will do a $ for gc conversion from the gc raised and once we have enough $ pay for a guild map and other things from entropy and learner.

another example

i run the guilds own little lottery, gc would be collected with this charecter so it doesnt get mixed in with my gc, the funds raised would also be converted to $ to buy things for the guild from entropy and learner

this charecter NEVER leaves votd storage, NEVER levels and doesnt sell harvest or buy it just logs on now and then to accept donations made by the guild, we have brought this topic up because learner wasnt sure if we had to pay to use a charecter in this manner or not. if its ilegal we wont do it, if it has to be payed for we will pay, if its all above board then there is no problem, but i know other guilds use guild storage charecters and we waant to know where we stand with this instead of faceing problems further down the line

Ok aislinn ty for the link but that just gos on to another debate does not answer the questions

I just need my questions answered

Yes no and you need to do this is what I am after.

I Know guild storage chars are governed by same rules as bots

(but I don’t want to mule or even move my guild storage but it will need to be at a storage to work otherwise it wont be able to carry anything)

I declared the guild storage when I first started my guild nothing was done about it and I received no emails

So I don’t know where to go from this

All I need is someone official to say Right

Dean you can do this or cant do that

It just seems know one wants to give you a straight answer

And I don’t mind paying I just want to get it sorted

Handyman

I don't see a single question you asked that isn't answered either somewhere in the link I gave or in the bot rules or somewhere in the bot section.

Basically consider this a non-programmed bot and follow bot registration procedures lined out for you in the pinned topics in this section.

Unless you are not meaning what your words are asking, all questions have been answered.

So, if we follow these rules:

1. Guild-bot is declared

2. Guild bot remains stationary (i.e. at one, declared storage)

3. As the bot remains stationary, there's no muling.

4. Bot isn't in a range of any harvestable item (i.e. he is sitting in closed storage).

5. Bot speaks only on gm (no channel rules needed)

6. Bot skills are constant.

we can have free and legal guild bot registered?

ok it seems its rule number 2 we are still unclear about, is the above rules the official rules? since we dont seem to be able to find this set of rules apart from what bloodsucker posted, if the char is allowed at storage unmoved is what we need to know i think

yeh that what i am trying to get clear Looter

just checked rule 4 in bot rules section Which says

4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.

Ok so thats trade bots

Guild storage is not a trade bot so hopefully that should be ok to be fixed at a storage

ok meen time i am going to set up a new char called ThorStore and train it so it has 1 level at 20 so it can be in Thor and able to #Gm

This will be The guild storage So please dont ban me for Having an ALT

AS soon as this is set up i will pm ENT or EMail to register

Ty Handyman

A guild Storage bot cannot be in the range of any storage.

PURE are looking for a guild storage bot and I too thought that it would be acceptable, unfortunatly it is not the case. If I understand it correctly:

Guild Store Chars must be declared and registered as a bot ($20 a year)

The are not allowed to be in the range of any store so level up well or pay for a Blessed Bot

As they are paid they can move to storage twice a week for the purpose of depositing items and removing items from store but I do not advise you try and trade there as I am certain this is against the rules.

Guild Storage chars cannot sell to players as this would put them in the commercial/trade bot catagory

They have to follow all other bot rules (no leveling, not near harvables etc) that can be found on this forum.

Please feel free to delete/edit/comment if any of this is wrong.

***PLEASE NOTE*** These are the conclusions I have come to after reading all threads and chatting to a few other people who understand bots well they have not come from the mods/admins

Wolfy

yes thats where we have a problem, if guild storage is only allowed to use storage twice a week then it is not viable for us since we need to use it more than that, i guess we wont be paying the $20 after all :P

yes thats where we have a problem, if guild storage is only allowed to use storage twice a week then it is not viable for us since we need to use it more than that, i guess we wont be paying the $20 after all :P

What some people do is pay the $100 to get the storage char blessed with 10k emu carry, then the real limit is the number of inventory slots.

What some people do is pay the $100 to get the storage char blessed with 10k emu carry, then the real limit is the number of inventory slots.

nah forget that its not worth it for us, infact i think we will forget the whole idea altogether now :D

As a guild the other day we mined 45k of coal in 2 hours which was going to be towards making Steel bars for guild projects

Even if i paid to double bless Yet another Bot the emu will soon be taken up

As are next thing we want to mine as a guild is 75k of iron ore

which works out at 300,000 emu

A guild storage would need infinit emu the same as a chars storage is

I have pmed the following to Ent via forum message service like it suggested in the rules section lets see what they to say about it.

And if they say NO then we have heads of each section/skill in are guild so they will have to hold the ings mined or harvested and issue them out to members during mixing days

copy of PM Message sent

(1) my Name is (Handyman)

(2) Guild storage Name (ThorStore)

(3) What it will be used for (To be activated if and when needed and to store guilds GC, and any donations from guild members. also any ings gathered or collected buy guild members for guild projects)

We have found it Hard trying to understand the rules on this so i post the following

1. Guild-storage is declared an paid $20 for

2. Guild-storage remains stationary (i.e. at one, declared storage)

3. As the Char remains stationary, there's no muling.

4. Bot isn't in a range of any harvestable item (i.e. he is sitting in closed storage).

5. Bot speaks only on gm (no channel rules needed)

6. Bot skills are constant.

(4) location (either Votd or Dp storage your chioce as both out of reach of havestable items and in frienly maps)

If this is aproved i can send you the $20 Via Paypal

Thank You

Handyman

Ok got a response from ENT

Its not what i really wanted to here but at least we know where we stand now

Ents reply

Bots can't be used as a guild storage in the sense that they use their own storage NPC for that.

In fact, bots have to be away from a storage, and access the storage only once a week.

I have posted this reply so everyone that has been following this can now understand the ruling on guild storages

Ty Ent for your time and patients with me

Handyman

Say, aren't all New bots reguardless of if they are a secretary or trade or storage supposed to have a $20/year fee with the exemption of public service bots which must be passed by Entropy for approval?

Doesn't that make All bots commercial bots?

Also, I have seen mods state that guild storage bots count as trade bots. Are they different or aren't they? If they are, what is the difference.

Have the definition of guild storage bot and trade bot changed this year?

If the only difference between a guild storage bot and a trade bot is that the trade bots try to make money (which it looks like it is from what I have read so far), doesn't that mean that any trade bot can instantly be modified to act as Both a trade bot and a storage bot and that the programmer would just need to keep seperate what is donated to it and what is sold to it....so members don't withdraw things for free that were sold to it?

We need a glossary of terms added to the bot rules that defines everything.

We also need the rule in the General Rules that applies to bots to be at least mentioned in the bot rules.

If we have both of these set up, there will be alot less confusion and questions for all the mods and Entropy.

Edited by nathanstenzel