Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chuchulainn

New Medallions

12k on a medallion that breaks so easily...humm mine broke after only 3 harv sessions. i did get a few blessings out of it but not to the tune of 12kgc... maybe the break rate should be looked at. Just my opinion :medieval:

Break rate should DEFINITELY be looked at, it's so stupid to break so easily and cost so much. It even breaks easy on flowers! And what's up with people selling them for 12k? Even if they were sold at the cost of their ingredients (which is no more than 7k) it would still break before the money was recovered, and the exp bonuses you get before it breaks (one to two on average) are not worth the break rate.

Did you guys even bother to read the news announcement? Or do you suffer from the selective reading syndrome?

You mean this? :medieval:

Note that the Harvester medallion might be adjusted a little bit in the future.

-Blee

Did you guys even bother to read the news announcement? Or do you suffer from the selective reading syndrome?

You said you might chance it eventually, so now we are saying what we are thinking about it and we give some tips (well some people did). I don't see who here is suffering from the selective reading syndrome...

Yes, I mean that.

You said you might chance it eventually, so now we are saying what we are thinking about it and we give some tips (well some people did). I don't see who here is suffering from the selective reading syndrome...

I meant messages like this:

Break rate should DEFINITELY be looked at, it's so stupid to break so easily and cost so much. It even breaks easy on flowers! And what's up with people selling them for 12k? Even if they were sold at the cost of their ingredients (which is no more than 7k) it would still break before the money was recovered, and the exp bonuses you get before it breaks (one to two on average) are not worth the break rate.

I remember reading it would be changed in the near future, and I'm giving my feedback for it. I don't think anything I said is offensive and if you're referring to the stupid part I meant at the sellers/makers who charge that much. You should see them laugh at offers lower than 10k (finally did get one tough).

Yes, I mean that.

I meant messages like this:

k, thx for the clarification. I thought you were talking about everyone in the topic here (atleast, that's how your first post was interpreted by me). Just ignore those people :medieval:

Even if the Harvester Medallion would never break, it's still look like an item for low-level players (who probably can't afford it anyway), unless there is going to be a new (expensive) mining tool, or a change to the random event bonuses...

Even if the Harvester Medallion would never break, it's still look like an item for low-level players (who probably can't afford it anyway), unless there is going to be a new (expensive) mining tool, or a change to the random event bonuses...

Well no it's still a good effect for high level players, I'd love to just sit there harving my hourly tree shrooms then BAM about 6k harvest exp. Keep in mind there are characters that specialize. My a/d is 21/20 but my OA is almost 68, imagine how I make a living, this medallion would have been perfect for me but it breaks easy.

Constructive feedback: :icon13:

The cost/benefit ration on the Harvest Medallion needs to be adjusted. That can be done one of two ways:

1. Reduce the cost: remove the Seridium bar from the formula (makes them about the same cost as other medallions), and adjust the break rate to be about the same as of getting special stones (binding, serp, rost, etc).

2. Increase longevity: keep the cost the same, but either make it unbreakable, or at a rate perhaps 1/100 of finding special stones. That is, make it last a long time so you get full value out of it.

In both cases, I'm thinking that you want the increased gold found to pay for the cost of the medallion over it's lifetime (on average). The experience bonus is then a true bonus above and beyond the cost. The reduced pick breakage is a convenience, but not large enough to effect the cost/benefit calculations.

If I was allowed a vote, I'd go with #2 - keep the cost high and make it last forever/long-time.

Constructive feedback: :icon13:

2. Increase longevity: keep the cost the same, but either make it unbreakable, or at a rate perhaps 1/100 of finding special stones. That is, make it last a long time so you get full value out of it.

I agree with option number two. One can invest a few thousand gc on a exc cloak that lasts a life time. I am willing to shell out alot more for harvesting items if they are worth the investment in the longrun. I think this medallion will be a nice change to harvesting, which i think we all agree can get boring, I just dont want to sink 10k every few loads of Ti ore.

Even a rate of 2x finding special stones would do I suppose, but the rate now is way too high (as many people stated here). Everybody I talked about this med said the same: 'I'm not going to waste 10k on something that'll break in a few hours'. This med should be breakable imho (for crafters to have something to do :icon13:) but now many people decide it's too expensive compared to benefits.

This med should be breakable imho (for crafters to have something to do :icon13:) but now many people decide it's too expensive compared to benefits.

Don't get me wrong, i agree. It should break to keep some demand for the crafters, but a HIGH brake rate will hurt crafters. People are not going to buy them in the first place unless, like you say, the cost is worth the benefit.

If a harvest med got a good amount of mileage i would buy them again and again, and as a result give our crafting friends good profits :)

Make chance to break like 1/10k ore or so, keep benefits the same, is the best option in my opinion.

if it's all about cost and breakrate in relation to the benefits... why not actually increase it to 50x the gold? that way they could break quite often, but would still be paying for themselves (don't increase the multiplier for the exp of course...)

Edited by bregi

I think we've come up with some good ideas so far, but since Entropy has asked for no more discussion at this time, perhaps we can lock this thread.

Amongst yourselves discuss it in game and as the next week or two progress and we see the average life span of the medallions, come up with some solid criticism (no negativity please).